Home

Default All-Madden

This is a discussion on Default All-Madden within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #41
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Default All-Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1
The bad thing I see on default all madden is that my D linemen never get off their blocks and the CPU run game can break out side runs for long gains way too easily. Anyone else seeing this? I mean I am using the Titans but damn. It's frustrating to stop the run. Are you guys leaving on heat seeker and all that stuff? I haven't been. I like the challenge but hate always having high scoring games. It's like my lbs all get sucked in. Not sure what to do. I'm also on Normal speed .

Also I'm on Ps4 and the controls are a little tougher as far as responsiveness on taking controll of a player and cutting towards the ball carrier.
I don't see how anyone can stop the CPU run game on default all madden.
I tried 3 games with them and was dominated each game by the CPU run game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #42
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
I don't see how anyone can stop the CPU run game on default all madden.

I tried 3 games with them and was dominated each game by the CPU run game.

Try my madden 25 360 sliders with CPU catch on 50. I'm pretty pleased with how the game is playing with those.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Man I played a little in CFM with them. I used CPU catch at 50. Seems like anything else causes too many drops. I got to say there was a lot to like about it.

Best experience I've had...
Old 12-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #44
Rookie

TNBassMan10's Arena

OVR: 0
Angry Re: Default All-Madden

Charter,

Yeah I lower the "default" All-Madden sliders to 50s across the board for CPU.

To all the others complaining about CPU running game:

I completely 110% agree! It's gotten so bad, I'm almost done with this game. It's sad. Over 3 games with the Titans on default sliders, my opponents all had over 150 yards on 15-17 carries. On top of that, even when sending 7 (and sometimes 8) guys on a run blitz, the CPU gets even bigger yardage on runs.

Here's the stats from the 3 games:
Arian Foster 22 CAR 238 YDS 3 TDs (Lost 28-23)
Mike Goodson 17 CAR 171 YDS 1 TD (Won 34-24)
Jamaal Charles 20 CAR 198 YDS 3 TD (Won 28-27)

Although I like the competition, there's absolutely no reason to ever throw the ball. The CPU defense will intercept the ball whenever the ball is slightly off. Meanwhile, my DBs couldn't catch a ball covered in glue tossed to them from 5 yards away. The human running game is too easy as well. Against the Jets, I wanted to see how bad it could get. Using read options, sweeps, and counters, CJ2K was able to mount 300+ yards on 30 carries.

This game is stupid and broken. Might give Charter's sliders the last shot to save the game. Otherwise, I'm tempted to go back to GS and get NCAA 14 for my 360 all over again. I can't go without football! (I don't know what I'm going to do next year with no NCAA).

Here's what I want from a football game:

-If I'm playing with even teams, it should be a challenging, close game (win or lose depending on performance of my team/CPU).
-If I'm playing a bad team, I should win unless I play bad (or have lots of turnovers).
-If I'm playing a much better team, I shouldn't win unless I play a perfect game (and sometimes still shouldn't win).

I know this is impossible for a company to make this for everyone with people being a different skill levels. However, that's what sliders should be for no? Well, the sliders don't seem to be doing ANYTHING. Interception slider up or down doesn't change a thing to the CPU's ability to intercept the ball (or my DBs ability to catch a cold).

Last edited by TNBassMan10; 12-09-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBassMan10
Charter,

Yeah I lower the "default" All-Madden sliders to 50s across the board for CPU.

To all the others complaining about CPU running game:

I completely 110% agree! It's gotten so bad, I'm almost done with this game. It's sad. Over 3 games with the Titans on default sliders, my opponents all had over 150 yards on 15-17 carries. On top of that, even when sending 7 (and sometimes 8) guys on a run blitz, the CPU gets even bigger yardage on runs.

Here's the stats from the 3 games:
Arian Foster 22 CAR 238 YDS 3 TDs (Lost 28-23)
Mike Goodson 17 CAR 171 YDS 1 TD (Won 34-24)
Jamaal Charles 20 CAR 198 YDS 3 TD (Won 28-27)

Although I like the competition, there's absolutely no reason to ever throw the ball. The CPU defense will intercept the ball whenever the ball is slightly off. Meanwhile, my DBs couldn't catch a ball covered in glue tossed to them from 5 yards away. The human running game is too easy as well. Against the Jets, I wanted to see how bad it could get. Using read options, sweeps, and counters, CJ2K was able to mount 300+ yards on 30 carries.

This game is stupid and broken. Might give Charter's sliders the last shot to save the game. Otherwise, I'm tempted to go back to GS and get NCAA 14 for my 360 all over again. I can't go without football! (I don't know what I'm going to do next year with no NCAA).

Here's what I want from a football game:

-If I'm playing with even teams, it should be a challenging, close game (win or lose depending on performance of my team/CPU).
-If I'm playing a bad team, I should win unless I play bad (or have lots of turnovers).
-If I'm playing a much better team, I shouldn't win unless I play a perfect game (and sometimes still shouldn't win).

I know this is impossible for a company to make this for everyone with people being a different skill levels. However, that's what sliders should be for no? Well, the sliders don't seem to be doing ANYTHING. Interception slider up or down doesn't change a thing to the CPU's ability to intercept the ball (or my DBs ability to catch a cold).
I had this problem early on, but eventually learned how to contain the running game.

You have to manually control the force defender when you expect a run. The cpu doesn't play force well, which leads to runners getting the edge. If you play as the force defender and keep outside leverage, the run is contained and so is the running game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 10:11 PM   #46
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee
I had this problem early on, but eventually learned how to contain the running game.

You have to manually control the force defender when you expect a run. The cpu doesn't play force well, which leads to runners getting the edge. If you play as the force defender and keep outside leverage, the run is contained and so is the running game.
I agree the CPU has not rushed for 100 yds on me yet...Indy rb ran for 96 yds it was close....gotta call the right defense!!
Old 12-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #47
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
I agree the CPU has not rushed for 100 yds on me yet...Indy rb ran for 96 yds it was close....gotta call the right defense!!
Left trigger and run commit is a game changer too. Love the strategy risk/reward. I'd bet many don't know it exists.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #48
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

Well use the Titans and see how many rushing yds you give up. No need to rely on using run commit in open field. Its too risky.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »