Home

Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2014, 10:40 AM   #1153
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
So I'm not the only one who has seen that this really works? That's good.

To keep the tread on A&S's set, I'll reiterate that his set perfectly captures the balance of the running game on both sides and that it provides nice balance to the pass rush/pass protection battle. The lone area I'm having consistent issues with is CPU QB accuracy.

I believe that tweaks to QBA and Intentional Grounding can really round out this set.
I agree completely 100%.

I think the key, like Armor has said hundreds of times is to keep what works, isolate what doesn't work (FOR YOU) and then make your own tweaks.
I firmly believe no slider set is going to be 100% perfect for you until you make your own adjustments.

I also think it's VERY important to TEST different things out and just see what happens.

There are so many bizarre connections in Madden with sliders and how they impact gameplay. So I think if you're not satisfied with the way the CPU is playing, try testing different variables - even the ones that seem totally counter-intuitive.

For me, that test came from bumping UP QB accuracy.

But - this does NOT mean that it will work for everyone! The only way you will know for sure is by testing on your own!
Old 09-10-2014, 11:01 AM   #1154
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Armor & Sword's/Marino's All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

So what CPU ACC and IG numbers are you testing? I have read raising both improves CPU QB play so I'm interested in testing this out myself. I've held back on doing so since the tweaks I made to A&S's base set have worked out so well, but am willing to take a little time to test your theory for myself.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #1155
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Sorry but I am not getting those issues with my settings......tweak your set to your desire though.

OP is not changing though. I am getting amazing games, great QB play...it's all working for me and some others.

I get it it if it does not for some of you. No worries. Try different things...it;s all about your game experience.

Not mine.
Word.

I know you broadcast on Twitch--do your game archives show stats? It seems my issue w/ completion percentages, which I can't seem to shake, isn't experienced by everyone. I'd love to see your game-to-game stats for the CPU QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 12:06 PM   #1156
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

A bit on an anomaly. I've been keeping my sliders set pretty tight with the A&S version, and am actively following this thread, however i did have my penalties completely different.

So last night before starting my cfm i matched up the penalty sliders. Originally i had facemask at 55, so i lowered them to the posted 51. Ended up with 3 facemasks in the game. I hadn't seen them up until then.

Anyhow, i have the CPU ACC at 13, they (the bengals), went deep on me (the Chiefs) 4 times in a game they won 10-0.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:17 PM   #1157
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I have been tweaking penalty sliders (without talking about it much) and have been getting some better results with offsides (encroachment), false starts, holding, clipping.

I will be updating the OP after one more game with the settings I am currently using.

We all know penalties could be better....but at least this is some improvement so we can see at least 3-4 per side. Last four games I have had a total of 5 penalties on average per game.

It's something.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-10-2014, 02:58 PM   #1158
Rookie

I'm using these sliders and have started a online CFM and I am still sacking the CPU QB way to often. My user controlled Left DE had 6 by halftime in my first game.

Is there any chance the gameplay tuner wasn't applied to my online CFM for some reason? I didn't see the option to load that file so I assume its automatically applied to gameplay?

What else could I be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-10-2014, 03:54 PM   #1159
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Dolphins (3-5) at Lions (6-2) broadcasting live on Twtich.

Kickoff is in one minute.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-10-2014, 05:03 PM   #1160
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

maaaan you left us hanging on the stream. your kids can eat later!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »