Home

Penalty Explanation Theory

This is a discussion on Penalty Explanation Theory within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2014, 12:03 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Penalty Explanation Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
Anyhoo, I back to "sacking" this sack issue and I want to do some testing. I think one key thing is to play against qb's with sense pressure at "ideal" as these guys seem to be the worst offenders of holding the ball.

The worst offenders have been: Big Ben, Locker, Brees, and to an extent Peyton Manning (which is really unfortunate to see the living legend being a major culprit of this issue) from my testing in the past....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2014, 12:41 AM   #42
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
The worst offenders have been: Big Ben, Locker, Brees, and to an extent Peyton Manning (which is really unfortunate to see the living legend being a major culprit of this issue) from my testing in the past....
I may be in the minority on this, but I think the "Throw the Ball Away" trait is more effective in limiting sacks...

For instance:

I'm pretty sure I changed Alex Smith from a "No" to a Yes" and when I played KC, he'd throw it away as he was being sacked...

Ugly animation, but cut the sacks down and helped keep his Completion % realistic, so worth the trade off, IMHO...so far!

I know I changed Brees and Big Ben from "No" to "Yes" and that might have been the case for Locker too...

Not sure about P. Manning...

But I think any decent QB throws it away rater than sticks with the play, to the extent of taking a sack...

And as far as penalties go re: sacks...

I still like IG @ 80 and RTP @ 80 as well...

SEEMS to make for better pocket presence...

Last edited by KingV2k3; 11-04-2014 at 01:18 AM.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:44 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I may be in the minority on this, but I think the "Throw the Ball Away" trait is more effective in limiting sacks...

For instance:

I'm pretty sure I changed Alex Smith from a "No" to a Yes" and when I played KC, he'd throw it away as he was being sacked...

Ugly animation, but cut the sacks down and helped keep his Completion % realistic, so worth the trade off, IMHO...so far!

I know I changed Brees and Big Ben from "No" to "Yes" and that might have been the case for Locker too...

But I think any decent QB throws it away rater than sticks with the play, to the extent of taking a sack...

I changed a lot of QB's from no to yes as well on throw the ball away and to me, it definitely seems like it's had a positive impact on amt of sacks
Old 11-15-2014, 09:36 AM   #44
Just started!

So I did some testing on my own. But I was tired and went to bed. There were done in correlation with ArmorSwords Base Set of Gameplay sliders except I brought pass block to 25 then 60 cause Dline warped passed Oline. I actually had the sack issue down pat, ALSO the qb played around in the pocket as well as move out of it and create another pocket. Even getting penalties called. I forgot (sorry) what penalty slider I had other than:

Offsides: 63
False Start: 63
Holding: 95 or 99
Facemask: 54
DPI: 99
OPI: 5
RTK: 55
Clipping: ???? forgot
IG: 80
RTP: 80
Threshold 16 and Fatigue 60..yes fatigue matters

What I have noticed: Keep in mind ArmorSword SET for gameplay.

Offsides affects D-line and False Start affect O-line. I made Offsides higher to get DL to make tackles in the lane sometimes causing a loss. I keep these lower than 65 in regards to Runblocking cpu 65

Holding: Does what it says. I think when I was actually getting penalties like holding I had it 75 or 80. Ive noticed that if I have it too high the cpu wont get help to protect from blitzes. Nor will they audible or motion players for a weakside run attack, or w/e I call for. ITs like they are thinking..welp I have enough prot cause im sliderific.

Facemask: at 54 and nowhere else does it seem even. I absolutely hate seeing it happen and no call..Unreal stuff esp at how often it happens. Still aggressive tackling however players are hitting harder nowadays anyway. The big ones still hit bigger and proper but not all the time.

DPI..99 Its aggressive and can make your DB look silly on an comeback route. But I believe its because OPI at 5 creating larger gaps in ELUSIVENESS and Def AWR and PRC

OPI: I have this set at 5. Its technically sound at 5 and 99. But Ive found at 5 your CPU QBs (IG 80) will go for routes deep mid and shallow. ADJUST DPI due to this....maybe coverage too depending on how you input sliders or comp will be high.

RTK: 52 to 56. Any higher you need to adjust kicking power so the special teams aren't getting you to wave for fair catch vice versa.

IG: 80 seems perfect for this set..I like 40 also and 5. I may actually change to 5.

RTP: This raises pursuit and Play Recognition and ACC particularly Linebackers and Safeties and 4-3 DE. Tackling should be set low but not lower than 30. If you have tight coverage expect to get tackled immediately. Another thing Ive noticed. At 75 or lower..LE, LOLB get tons more sacks. At 80 Right side, DL, Left side get sacks. This is a stand alone slider but another reason I have it at 80 because Middle LB getting tackles. DOWNSIDE...Playaction. Question is or was before ArmorSword set..was it worth the trade off of early M15.

Keep in mind I still kept all updates. I lose and win close games and get screwed or do the screwing. For those interested: Holding penalties most of the time produce punts. In my mind setting my fumbles to 12 or lower than 25 and fumbling gives teams momemtum.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:21 AM   #45
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3

For instance:

I'm not so sure I like having to set "Throw the ball away" for QBs to know when to throw it away. However, I haven't had this issue with IG at 80 and above as they throw the ball away consistently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2014, 10:24 AM   #46
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Everyone seems to be confused with the sack issue and adjusting un-necessary sliders in order to fix the issue. If you are aware of how to fix the issue please ignore this post. For those who do not know and I have posted it in numerous threads, Offside, False Start, Holding and Roughing the Passer will control the sacks. The easiest way to do this is to set Offside below FS and Holding by at least 15 points. My only issue with this is that it also affects the run game so that makes it hard to adjust those sliders for both sacks and running.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:58 AM   #47
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
Everyone seems to be confused with the sack issue and adjusting un-necessary sliders in order to fix the issue. If you are aware of how to fix the issue please ignore this post. For those who do not know and I have posted it in numerous threads, Offside, False Start, Holding and Roughing the Passer will control the sacks. The easiest way to do this is to set Offside below FS and Holding by at least 15 points. My only issue with this is that it also affects the run game so that makes it hard to adjust those sliders for both sacks and running.
For the sake of realism that most try to get. That would be terrible. Goaline situations would then be 100% or 3rd and 1 impossible situations. Otherwise you will get backs looking like Adrian Peterson.

Fatigue, Fumbling play a part on how the Rb runs. Not as bad as M25 though. Clipping too. Next lvl blocking by mostly WR. Threshold between 16 and 20 Ive played with. 16 and 17 worked.

Those small things we ignore play a part. Static tools like Fumbling and Threshold play a part of your stuff..Ive noticed that by fooling around..my rb carry is in the 70's yet I nvr fumbled till then. Game changers.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:37 PM   #48
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

What I have found is at te very least QB Accuracy has a major effect on how the game plays in general; then WR Catch seems to be second in determining game play...

By game play, I am more specifically focusing on the CPU performance. There is an effect on the Human side, but as humans we obviously are more capable of adjusting; for the CPU "QB Acc." and "WR Catch" being set really determines where the other sliders limits are in regard to maintaining a CPU opponent that is a challenge.

For me, I have CPU QB Acc and WR catch at 100 and I am building around that.. If you just as easily build around QB Acc and WR Catch of 10, for example. Just my opinion, these are very key sliders and when everything else fails and you're not getting the desire results, play with these sliders in game; it doesn't take but a few snaps to notice differences when you change a slider.

I state playing, in game, because it is my belief penalty sliders are not calculated in practice mode so you are not getting the full effect of all sliders together unless playing in game. If you have 2 controllers, the easy it is to test specifics in game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »