Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2015, 09:55 AM   #881
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjb2445
Josh,

Does your set require rosters with modified qb traits? I've seen that on some other sets here.
Nope; I am using a stock EA roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Honestly I dont see much of a change with the new IG find. For me sacks are almost solely based on the CPU run game, yes the run game.

If the CPU can run the ball and get themselves into 3rd & short or medium, the sacks stay at a normal level, maybe 1-3 a game. But if the CPU can't run the ball and gets into 3 & long they take too many coverage sacks for one dumb*** reason.

They call 4 verticals or something similar on 3 & long over 50% of the time I would guess. And just about every time they call that play they take a coverage sack.
Yup....and the only way to fix this is if EA let us set coach sliders as part of the roster file (but they don't even though they did for NCAA 14). If we could set CPU offensive and defensive aggression to 50 across the board, that would solve that issue. Alas, the only way to do this is to create 32 new coaches in a CFM so we could set those aggression sliders to 50/50 (run/pass ratios could be set to reflect the actual teams).

As to the rest of your post, the IG slider is not just about reducing sacks, it is about improving QB behavior. When you play a variety of different QBs, you see the difference in play styles and traits. My goal is to minimize 'dumb AI sacks' except for crappy QBs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neddy_87
Ey josh just played first game with these and quality as always. Will play few more to decide if I like these for my playing style or one of ur earlier sets. Do you recommend any changes if I'm playing normal game speed in regards to threshold? Cheers mate
I have not played these on normal speed. My suggestion is to try them on slow first and get a feel for how they play then bump it up to Normal and see if the dynamics change any. Do this in a 'Play Now' game so you can change it mid-stream.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2015, 01:17 PM   #882
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
If you don't mind, I'd like to take a look as well. Any chance you can PM me the sliders? I like Pro because of the animations. I'm not a great Madden player so my only slider adjustments on Pro include an increase in CPU run blocking and pass coverage, followed by a drop in QBA accuracy for both human and CPU. I leave all the penalties and other sliders at 50. My goal, to fit my level of play, was to increase the CPU run game, increase CPU coverage to make passing for me more difficult, and lower QBA to see some errant passes.
I sent you a PM with the sliders, if you get a chance to try them I'd be very interested to see what you think about them. However, please just respond to my PM, Josh has been extremely responsive and helpful and I do not want to disrespect him by cluttering up his thread. Thanks!

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 01-04-2015, 12:22 AM   #883
Banned

OVR: 0

The only change I made was CPU QBA 6 and IG 41.

My 4-8 Raiders are hosting the 49ers... and... losing 31-0 at half!!

Carr threw an errant pass that was returned for a TD... Carr got sacked, fumbled, and was returned for a TD... Kapernick is 5-6 123yds. I got smoked for a long TD when I ran Cover 2 instead of Cover 3 and Branch couldn't make up the ground. Gore was gashing me so I stacked the box. The 2nd Kapernick TD was Brown getting beat man-to-man against Crabtree for a 55+yd TD.

I cannot run to save my life. The 49ers pash rush is dominating me. My LT is out an my line cannot block Aldon, Smith, and McDonald at once - it's too much.

I think these are playing perfect so far. I pay every time for my mistakes. Cannot wait to finish this season and add some better lineman and another wideout to compliment Jones. I'l switch my defense to a 3-4 an hopefully acquire another ILB. I am Kruger playing MLB right now but I'd like to move him to ROLB, Sio Moore to ILB with an additional ILB.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:02 AM   #884
Rookie

To_Trill_Too_View209's Arena

OVR: 1

Had a good feel with this set only changes made were cpu pass blk@48 and bump up fatigue to 70 cause wasn't seeing many subs while playing.

Was most a defense of a game the first 3 quarters intill it came to put up or shut up 4th. Had a sack ratio to 6:1 but most of those were cover sacks

Had a meltdown when ball was kick short to D.Moore on kickoff with like 20 sec left in the game which resulted into a fumble recovery for 6 causing me to lost by 7.

San Diego Chargers at Oakland Raiders
Jan 4, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
San Diego Chargers (2-4)3331827
Oakland Raiders (3-2)3710020
Team Stats Comparison
SDGOAK
Total Offense288389
Rushing Yards4298
Passing Yards246291
First Downs1319
Punt Return Yards173
Kick Return Yards46151
Total Yards334613
Turnovers24
3rd Down Converstion28
4th Down Conversion00
2-Point Conversion10
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals0/21/0
Penalties2-281-10
Posession Time22:3325:27
San Diego Chargers
Oakland Raiders
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Oak D.Carr24/3828612
SD P.Rivers22/3728312
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Oak M.Jones-Drew25793.20
Oak D.McFadden5193.81
SD D.Woodhead23417.00
SD R.Mathews1080.80
Ncaa FB: Usc Trojans
Old 01-04-2015, 01:11 PM   #885
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

After a few more games, I've gone to CPU QB ACC of 6 and IG of 41. The reason for the change is that the CPU QB misses too many passes. Something else I've noticed is that the CPU defense drops a lot of picks; I should've had at least 3 INT's instead of 1 with some of the poor throws I've made. However, the game plays fantastic; very competitive and some nice plays being made by WR's. I'll be sticking with this set with the 1 change and will report back with more feedback later. Great job Josh! Best sliders IMO.

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2015, 03:35 PM   #886
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSeahawks
After a few more games, I've gone to CPU QB ACC of 6 and IG of 41. The reason for the change is that the CPU QB misses too many passes. Something else I've noticed is that the CPU defense drops a lot of picks; I should've had at least 3 INT's instead of 1 with some of the poor throws I've made. However, the game plays fantastic; very competitive and some nice plays being made by WR's. I'll be sticking with this set with the 1 change and will report back with more feedback later. Great job Josh! Best sliders IMO.
Due to my other projects, I think you have played more with this set than I have

Let me know how your interception numbers work out over a stretch of games (that is something that can only really assessed over a long stretch of games). The NFL average is just under 1 per game (per team) and I'd like to keep things on or around this number (although it might mean some dropped picks).
Old 01-05-2015, 12:29 AM   #887
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

I dropped interceptions for both user and cpu to 27 and get about 1 pick each team per game. Other than INTs I am using the same sliders and love them. Just played a very defensive game in a fantasy drafted season (I basically drafted defense first). It ended in a 9-6 win for me. Which sounds about right for a Logan Thomas vs. EJ Manual game.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:49 AM   #888
Rookie

OVR: 0

After seeing the CPU get sacked on a couple of screens, using the front page sliders, I raised the RTP to 80 and have not seen it happen again in 4 games. Seems to slow the pass rush just enough to let the QB get the ball out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »