Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2015, 06:40 PM   #1505
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

1. Alright. Thresh at 19 will also improve cpu run game, or should i make individual changes?

2. I will try the next games with your settings. Why don't you run it with 15 Min?

Dam, i overlooked that summary - man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2015, 06:44 PM   #1506
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly
1. Alright. Thresh at 19 will also improve cpu run game, or should i make individual changes?
Yeah, it should get the line blocking back in-sync...should help both sides.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:46 PM   #1507
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly
It's friggin' unbelievable that mousy things have such an impact on so different areas in this game. It's just crazy, and makes it even harder for you slider-gurus. I'm so grateful for your work man. Just saying.

Okay, first thought was raising the rtp slider, because of pass rush effectiveness. I will test it with threshold at 19 & facemask at 48. I forgot to say that cpu much more fumbled than human players.

Do you have some other concerns or do you see some other issues on this set?

Very interesting. Which sliders do you think could make these things happen? (lineplay)
I would love it if you could send me your thoughts about individual sliders and their effects when raising, or lowering. Can't stay on top of these things, because every slider seems to have much impact on different areas.

Next Question ( ): I play these set with 15 Min / 15 sec. Do you think this could have a different impact? Would be insane, but you know - it's madden.
Just my 2¢ but ive never seen quarter length have an effect on anything other than total yards and amount of plays however the accelerated clock runoff you want to keep from being too low otherwise players who call audibles alot like Peyton Manning wont have enough time to read the defense and audible.

My personal preference is also 15 min / 15 sec as well and i usually see 120-130 plays per game using Joshs sets. And if I see higher than usual total yards by either team it's usually because somebody broke a big play and not quarter length.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:50 PM   #1508
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
A couple of things:

1. Do NOT raise the RTP slider....QBs get rid of the ball slower. Try the base set with thresh at 19 first...if it is still too much of a pass rush for your taste, bump CPU PBK up to 55....I did that yesterday but dropped it to 52 to get a better pass rush.
2. I have a whole summary of what the sliders do on the opening post...in one of the spoilers....
3. It's possible game length impacts things....but I have not done extensive testing.
Josh, I tested them out in my lions franchise, and my game was versus the texans. Both defenses are very good, so running was a problem for both teams, but especially for me lol. With watt on one side and clowney on the other, off tackle/outside runs were not working. It seems like player ratings mean more with this set, and that is an understatement and a blessing! I think this set is pure genius, man...great job! Btw, i'm in year 2016, and the texans have phillip rivers, and he, just as in real life, shook off a good number of sacks. It's playing true to life thus far, and a great all around feel.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:09 PM   #1509
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyfins75
Just my 2¢ but ive never seen quarter length have an effect on anything other than total yards and amount of plays however the accelerated clock runoff you want to keep from being too low otherwise players who call audibles alot like Peyton Manning wont have enough time to read the defense and audible.

My personal preference is also 15 min / 15 sec as well and i usually see 120-130 plays per game using Joshs sets. And if I see higher than usual total yards by either team it's usually because somebody broke a big play and not quarter length.
Thanks Ricky...that makes me feel better....I think that we have been seeing a lot of the same things, so knowing you're on a different gametime makes me feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk1317
Josh, I tested them out in my lions franchise, and my game was versus the texans. Both defenses are very good, so running was a problem for both teams, but especially for me lol. With watt on one side and clowney on the other, off tackle/outside runs were not working. It seems like player ratings mean more with this set, and that is an understatement and a blessing! I think this set is pure genius, man...great job! Btw, i'm in year 2016, and the texans have phillip rivers, and he, just as in real life, shook off a good number of sacks. It's playing true to life thus far, and a great all around feel.
Sounds like that was a bear man I'm sorta seeing the same issue with the outside run somewhat consistently for the user. I want to see if a bump to threshold takes care of it...if not, then we can just drop KRI to 35 (which, coincidentally, is where the current NCAA slider set has this set to - I should've known better than to stray...lol).
Old 03-22-2015, 07:12 PM   #1510
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

Quote:
Thanks Ricky...that makes me feel better....I think that we have been seeing a lot of the same things, so knowing you're on a different gametime makes me feel better.

Sounds like that was a bear man I'm sorta seeing the same issue with the outside run somewhat consistently for the user. I want to see if a bump to threshold takes care of it...if not, then we can just drop KRI to 35 (which, coincidentally, is where the current NCAA slider set has this set to - I should've known better than to stray...lol).
Lol if it's not broken, don't fix it, huh?
Old 03-22-2015, 07:25 PM   #1511
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk1317
Lol if it's not broken, don't fix it, huh?
Well, since these are based on the NCAA set, I was concerned the run game would have too much of a college feel to them. I think with the threshold change, I think we can drop KRI back down to 35.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2015, 07:25 PM   #1512
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

Quote:

It seems like a run blocking problem, because the defensive players would get off their blocks really fast. Maybe a 1 point increase to user run blocking?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »