Home

the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

This is a discussion on the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 06:38 PM   #169
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Their baseball game was pretty good but not as good as Micro League Baseball sim. Even though it had generic named players, Tom Landry's game was great too.
I loved Micro League baseball....When I was in High School I actually talked to some person at Micro League, over the phone a number of times, and got an address to send him my ideas for a Micro League Football game. They eventually came out with a football game but it wasn't what I had envisioned....But I was a teenager and had no clue the limitations of the computers at that time, and I made a list that was like 10 pages long..LMAO...
Old 11-19-2014, 06:56 PM   #170
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I loved Micro League baseball....When I was in High School I actually talked to some person at Micro League, over the phone a number of times, and got an address to send him my ideas for a Micro League Football game. They eventually came out with a football game but it wasn't what I had envisioned....But I was a teenager and had no clue the limitations of the computers at that time, and I made a list that was like 10 pages long..LMAO...
Would love to see your notes... lol. You could create entire teams in under an hour on that game. On the Baseball game I always played a legends season. Man I'm gonna have to see if i can download that game from somewhere
Old 11-19-2014, 08:10 PM   #171
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Would love to see your notes... lol. You could create entire teams in under an hour on that game. On the Baseball game I always played a legends season. Man I'm gonna have to see if i can download that game from somewhere
I wish I had saved the notes; they would be fun to read now and I would definitely share them on this site.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2014, 08:53 PM   #172
MVP

Quote:
I wish I had saved the notes; they would be fun to read now and I would definitely share them on this site.
Yeah, they would make for a good blog. I bet a lot of the problems you had with that game is the same we have with current games.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:55 PM   #173
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, they would make for a good blog. I bet a lot of the problems you had with that game is the same we have with current games.
It's been the same issues since football came out on the Atari 2600..lol...okay that may be pushing it...point is made though...
Old 11-19-2014, 08:57 PM   #174
MVP

Quote:
It's been the same issues since football came out on the Atari 2600..lol...okay that may be pushing it...point is made though...
I remember playing a football game on my dad's Intelivision. I think there may of been 8 people on each side of the ball.

He also had a little handheld football game. I seen one of the exact same units on Pawn Stars a couple of years ago. I would play the hell out of that thing on long trips. All it had was dots. I bet he still has it. I might be digging through their attic this weekend.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:03 PM   #175
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I had one of those hand held "dot" football games...LED lights or whatever they were...I believe at some point they came out with a primitive digital hand held football game with like a grey screen and square pixel football figures running across the screen..lol...fun stuff at the time...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2014, 09:04 PM   #176
MVP

Quote:
I had one of those hand held "dot" football games...LED lights or whatever they were...I believe at some point they came out with a primitive digital hand held football game with like a grey screen and square pixel football figures running across the screen..lol...fun stuff at the time...
In the late 80s early 90s Bo Jackson had a handheld that was large and you could flip it. One side was Football one side was baseball. I think I wore out two of those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkPHx5l_j1U
It's crazy now seeing that other people were playing the same obscure games I was playing back in the day. I never even showed my friends any of the computer games like Front Page Sports. I knew they wouldn't understand. lol

Last edited by tommycoa; 11-19-2014 at 09:09 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »