Home

Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

This is a discussion on Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2015, 10:50 AM   #177
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Auto-subs still don't work in CFM?

Started up a CFM with the Raiders. Reset my profile so I have the AP/AM/AM setup ... We will see how things go.
Auto Subs do work...just make sure they're set up identically in both the main menu and CCM...

You also have to hit the "Options" button to lock them in in CCM...

But yeah, they work...

Well, they "work" better than the last couple years...not perfect, but much better...

Enjoy!

Last edited by KingV2k3; 03-27-2015 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:02 PM   #178
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I have vacillated back-and-forth between 98/99 and 99/99 for DPI/OPI for a while. There are some benefits with 98/99....but I have liked 99/99 as well...especially for deep passes....I'd been considering plugging that back into my current set....this just sold me

(Note: wait till you get a LEGIT speed threat with this set-up...I used this on another set with Buffalo for a while and Marquis Goodwin was amazing due to his blazing speed....why I ever switched-out....I cannot tell you)
Apologies about the "double post", but:

Yeah, I have ZERO idea why it's taken so long to try this seemingly mundane adjustment...

I promised myself (a couple years ago) I wouldn't make this mistake again (CTH below 50), but this year, the concerns over inflated CPU QB completion percentages and the "robo" factor overrode experience and common sense...

One of the interesting "side effects" has been increased HUM passes defended...

It's still "early returns", but I saw that as an immediate "side effect", simply because the CPU throws downfield more aggressively...

There's more opportunities than they can be on checkdowns / second option passes...

One of the weird "benefits" was HUM pancakes...

I was getting a few too many before and this (goodness know why) cleared THAT up as well...

Once gain:

Too few sliders tied to too many things...

The key will be those DPI / OPI relationships...less need to create separation now...

I also had issue with finishing seasons in the Top 3 for (overall) Defense and bottom 3 in Offense (esp. passing yards)...

Since this opens up BOTH offenses, that's not going to be the case going forward...
Old 03-27-2015, 01:24 PM   #179
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

King....do you think these effects are derived solely because of the wrc being set to 50 or because it now matches the PCV slider on your set?
Old 03-27-2015, 02:01 PM   #180
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
King....do you think these effects are derived solely because of the wrc being set to 50 or because it now matches the PCV slider on your set?

I think it's a bit of both, but moreso the former as opposed to the latter...

I've seen this year after year...the ball distribution is more realistic when CTH is set at 50, simply because that slider affects ALL aspects of receiver play...

Route Running / AWR / etc.

It also gives the CPU QB more "perceived confidence" in their ability to "make a play"...as well as just having more total "points" in the total passing subcategory (the total of QBA / PBK / CTH), so all THREE things take a minor bump in the process...

At lower values, the AI is going to go for the "safer" option more often, for the reasons above...the secondary option becomes the primary option, passes into the flats to TE's as opposed to the higher rated guys...

With having OPI at 100 against DPI at 98, I could get more balls to the WRs, but this is much more effective...

That being said: having it "balanced" against the PCV puts the receivers on "equal footing" with the players covering them...

It's not totally unlike that balance we shoot for using the DPI / OPI settings...

All THAT being said:

I could kick myself for waiting until baseball season to figure out what should have be set at default from the jump...

Oh well!

Lastly: it's pretty easy to "test" the difference...

All anyone has to do is plug in a slider set (that they are very familiar with) that has both HUM and CPU CTH at 45 and then change both those values to 50...

BOOM

EDIT of EDIT:

Didn't work as hoped and all attempts to adjust things in a way that included this setting set the set into "reverse"...

Last edited by KingV2k3; 03-28-2015 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:17 PM   #181
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

King--testing the new adjustments. Seems pass defense on both sides is light. The ball can be moved through the air on both sides pretty easily. Are you seeing the same thing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2015, 01:28 PM   #182
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
King--testing the new adjustments. Seems pass defense on both sides is light. The ball can be moved through the air on both sides pretty easily. Are you seeing the same thing?
I DID see that and all attempts to incorporate what I initially liked about the setting was a "waterloo"...

Gonna stick with "Original Recipe" in updated blog and get ready for baseball!

Last edited by KingV2k3; 03-28-2015 at 07:46 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:17 PM   #183
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Well, that CTH @ 50 experiment resulted less than positive results with every attempt to strike a balance similar (or better) than I already have, so I'm stamping my set "Final" and looking into playing some baseball!

Thanks y'all!
Old 03-28-2015, 07:26 PM   #184
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Auto Subs do work...just make sure they're set up identically in both the main menu and CCM...

You also have to hit the "Options" button to lock them in in CCM...

But yeah, they work...

Well, they "work" better than the last couple years...not perfect, but much better...

Enjoy!
I just be doing something wrong in CFM, as I can't get the numbers to match what I have in the main menu.

Oh well. Played one preseason game and fell to the Vikings by 10. Minnesota ripped off several big runs and were run-heavy for the game, which was good to see. I struggled to do much of anything with Oakland, but Carr did show some flashes in his limited time.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »