Home

Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

This is a discussion on Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2015, 12:52 PM   #145
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
King....this is quite the revelation. Now it explains why I am getting people whining about sacks in my thread when I am not seeing the issues. I did as suggested and set it to AP in the 'Cam menu'...it does look better, but I noticed a definite change in gameplay.
Yeah, there's a definite difference between the two different methods described for setting up the level combinations...

I saw a lot more warping when all three were set to AM...

What differences in gameplay are you seeing between the two methods and how do you feel they affect sacks?

I got less sacks with AP / AM / AM, because when all three were set to AM, there were issues with defenders warping into the CPU QB, resulting in more sacks...

When I had all three set to AM, I sacked Flacco 9 times by the middle of the Second Quarter, which raised the "red flag" and prompted me to delete Profile and reset game as I had it for the previous handful of seasons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackebarsch10
Yes I know but how did he find out that there is a hidden third setting? As I sad I thought the setting after the intro is the main menu setting. We know with the Madden code nothing is impossible and we all try to find the right combination whereever the are. Hidden, mislabeled, misprogrammed whatever...
It's an interesting theory and of his intensive testing King (and you too, btw your latest slider set plays amazing) knows obviously a lot about the interactions of all the settings.
I found it by accident...well, kind of...accident based on experiment...

I had the game set to AP in the Cam Newton Intro section for a couple months now, while manually changing that level setting to AM in the Main Menu and AM in CCM...

Recently, I had a freeze while doing offseason...

When I restarted, I ended up back at "Square One"...the Cam Newton Intro...

I decided to try setting my profile to AM at that first screen prompt (for a change) and then kept it "as is" in the Main Menu and within CCM...

I simmed through Pre Season and went to play my first regular season game...

The difference in overall gameplay was not only apparent, but dramatically different...

Ragdoll animations / warping...just looked / played / felt more "chaotic" than what I had become used to over the previous hundred games or so...

Most importantly, those 9 sacks on Flacco...

I deleted my Profile, reset to AP in the Cam section and AM in both the Main Menu and CCM and:

BOOM

Back to what I was used to (and prefer) seeing...

Pretty simple really...just observation based after a boatload of playing this title...

Both this year and for the past decade plus...

Replayed the game and Flacco's sacks taken when down to 3 for a full game...while addressing all those other warping and animation issues...

I hope this helps!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2015, 01:08 PM   #146
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Yeah, there's a definite difference between the two different methods described for setting up the level combinations...

I saw a lot more warping when all three were set to AM...

What differences in gameplay are you seeing between the two methods and how do you feel they affect sacks?

I got less sacks with AP / AM / AM, because when all three were set to AM, there were issues with defenders warping into the CPU QB, resulting in more sacks...

When I had all three set to AM, I sacked Flacco 9 times by the middle of the Second Quarter, which raised the "red flag" and prompted me to delete Profile and reset game as I had it for the previous handful of seasons...

I found it by accident...well, kind of...accident based on experiment...

I had the game set to AP in the Cam Newton Intro section for a couple months now, while manually changing that level setting to AM in the Main Menu and AM in CCM...

Recently, I had a freeze while doing offseason...

When I restarted, I ended up back at "Square One"...the Cam Newton Intro...

I decided to try setting my profile to AM at that first screen prompt (for a change) and then kept it "as is" in the Main Menu and within CCM...

I simmed through Pre Season and went to play my first regular season game...

The difference in overall gameplay was not only apparent, but dramatically different...

Ragdoll animations / warping...just looked / played / felt more "chaotic" than what I had become used to over the previous hundred games or so...

Most importantly, those 9 sacks on Flacco...

I deleted my Profile, reset to AP in the Cam section and AM in both the Main Menu and CCM and:

BOOM

Back to what I was used to (and prefer) seeing...

Pretty simple really...just observation based after a boatload of playing this title...

Both this year and for the past decade plus...

Replayed the game and Flacco's sacks taken when down to 3 for a full game...while addressing all those other warping and animation issues...

I hope this helps!
It's funny....QB play was much better for me with all three set to AM. It is frankly all about the sliders. I think yours are set up better for an AP setting (even down to your IG setting), which is why I think this works so well for you. I've gone through multiple games with less than 2 sacks when I have all three set to AM. When I switched the "Cam Newton difficulty" over to AP, it was a mess - very much like when I had switched the Main Menu/CFM over to AP. With the settings I have, I don't see a ton of warping on AM.
Old 03-14-2015, 01:15 PM   #147
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
It's funny....QB play was much better for me with all three set to AM. It is frankly all about the sliders. I think yours are set up better for an AP setting (even down to your IG setting), which is why I think this works so well for you. I've gone through multiple games with less than 2 sacks when I have all three set to AM. When I switched the "Cam Newton difficulty" over to AP, it was a mess - very much like when I had switched the Main Menu/CFM over to AP. With the settings I have, I don't see a ton of warping on AM.
Makes PERFECT sense, thanks for the detail...

Yeah, once we set up a "House of Cards", it becomes apparent what's contributing (or detracting) from the "whole"...

What works for one set's overall concept, may work completely differently when applied to a separate set of options...

Good option to explore, IMHO and I'm pretty confident it'll work the same way going forward to the next iteration...

As I always say (with regard to this game's coding):

"If it was EVER in the game, it's STILL in there somewhere"...

Old 03-14-2015, 01:21 PM   #148
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Makes PERFECT sense, thanks for the detail...

Yeah, once we set up a "House of Cards", it becomes apparent what's contributing (or detracting) from the "whole"...

What works for one set's overall concept, may work completely differently when applied to a separate set of options...

Good option to explore, IMHO and I'm pretty confident it'll work the same way going forward to the next iteration...

As I always say (with regard to this game's coding):

"If it was EVER in the game, it's STILL in there somewhere"...

It also makes sense for me as to why I could never get into your set....I always had the "Newton difficulty" at AM. I'm actually intrigued to give it a shot with it on AP.

Thanks so much for sharing this....it explains so much as to why some people were having issues with my set....the 'house of cards' as you put it is quite the fragile flower.
Old 03-14-2015, 02:48 PM   #149
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Well King.....now I get why you dig this setting on your slider set. It works beautifully when the intro difficulty is set to AP. I also have no doubt that you would see warping with this setup when all three were set to AM. This is essentially an AP set with AM playcalling and AI. Started a CFM with Indy and am getting my butt handed to me by the Jets, yet nothing feels cheesy or scripted. Sacks have to be earned, the CPU is throwing deep at the right times (dumping off at the right times), and their run game has some bite to it. I'm going to have to pull out all the stops to be successful....which I totally dig. As much as I love my own set, I love how these play.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:05 PM   #150
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Well King.....now I get why you dig this setting on your slider set. It works beautifully when the intro difficulty is set to AP. I also have no doubt that you would see warping with this setup when all three were set to AM. This is essentially an AP set with AM playcalling and AI. Started a CFM with Indy and am getting my butt handed to me by the Jets, yet nothing feels cheesy or scripted. Sacks have to be earned, the CPU is throwing deep at the right times (dumping off at the right times), and their run game has some bite to it. I'm going to have to pull out all the stops to be successful....which I totally dig. As much as I love my own set, I love how these play.
Thank you, Sir!

Your description of the set (AP with AM playcalling and AI) was / is EXACTLY what I was shooting for...

"Better late than never" to finally get a solid idea of what (why and where) the variance in experience is tied to...

This explains why the warping that a few guys who liked the set saw something I did not...

Lastly:

The difference between AP / AM / AM and AM / AM / AM with this set is dramatic...as you have confirmed...

The former plays and looks good...the later does...not!

Continued thanks for the observations and input!
Old 03-14-2015, 04:16 PM   #151
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Thank you, Sir!

Your description of the set (AP with AM playcalling and AI) was / is EXACTLY what I was shooting for...

"Better late than never" to finally get a solid idea of what (why and where) the variance in experience is tied to...

This explains why the warping that a few guys who liked the set saw something I did not...

Lastly:

The difference between AP / AM / AM and AM / AM / AM with this set is dramatic...as you have confirmed...

The former plays and looks good...the later does...not!

Continued thanks for the observations and input!
King and/or Josh--do you use total control passing with your QB? Meaning do you lead recievers and direct your passes? I don't and struggle with low hum QB accuracy. So I usually raise to 25 or so to make up for the fact I don't use directional passing. Just curious. Thanks to both of you for all your work on sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2015, 04:58 PM   #152
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
King and/or Josh--do you use total control passing with your QB? Meaning do you lead recievers and direct your passes? I don't and struggle with low hum QB accuracy. So I usually raise to 25 or so to make up for the fact I don't use directional passing. Just curious. Thanks to both of you for all your work on sliders.
You are most welcome!

I don't use directional, simply because I'm usually in the 65% range with the rookie / low AWR / low ACC guys I base my CCM choices around...

This year, it's a bit too easy to complete the drag routes, slams and hitch routes and too hard to complete the deep ball...

But that's more of a coding issue than a ability or slider thing, so I just do without...

If you're struggling, lean on those comparatively "easy" routes and do whatever you can to use as many development points on QB Confidence (providing you're playing CCM)...

The difference between trying to complete a pass with a 50 (or below) guy is night and day from a guy who's in the 75 plus range...

And once he hits max confidence?

BOOM

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »