Home

Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 19 Review
NHL 19 Review
NBA 2K19 Review
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2015, 08:10 AM   #1665
PMO
Banned
 
PMO's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Aug 2010
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFootball01
I'm going to use these updated sliders, as playing on default is total arcade game seriously, I'm a hard core football fan that likes simulation as close to reality as possible, first thing that caught my eye in madden 16 is game speed, playing on normal isn't normal it's "fast" so in this game "slow" is normal and normal is "fast" , second CPU pass completion is of the chart on default to the point of ridiculous under pressure or no matter what CPU will go deep every time and you cover 4, cover 6, Jesus for a CB won't help, or 3 man under coverage will be useless every time even if it's 3 down 28y to go, and third most unbalanced and most disgusting thing CPU ability to intersept! CPU will on default setting int anything you throw, I don't even try deep ball anymore it's pointless, they will intersept 9/10, so yes game needs tweaking and I know what you are trying to say but the only thing we can do is use sliders change to tweak it out and at least try to get close to real simulation, as for player ratings they change every week so I don't think slider change will affect them as for example you leave it all on default the 99 overall player will still be 99 if you change sliders cause sliders don't change individual players behavior it only affects AI behavior in generally like Manziel will be crap no matter what slider you tweak unless he gets higher rating from EA, the best way to know this is Brady's pass ATT and completion he will play good no matter what you do with sliders and again I will repeat slider change only affects AI behavior in general it will not affect player rating


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with you 100% but ya missed the point........the point is there should not be sliders, everything should be ratings based like how the old sliders used to be in the game and now they are gone (because there ratings based now).

Some settings should absolutely be there like game speed, injuries, fatigue and stuff like that but everything else should be ratings based, also a good point to this is the fact some penalty sliders are just on/off which explain there called based on ratings........Whats the point of looking at QB accuracy ratings and hoping they are good when in turn I could make the slider 0 or 100.......
PMO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:26 AM   #1666
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2015
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO
I agree with you 100% but ya missed the point........the point is there should not be sliders, everything should be ratings based like how the old sliders used to be in the game and now they are gone (because there ratings based now).



Some settings should absolutely be there like game speed, injuries, fatigue and stuff like that but everything else should be ratings based, also a good point to this is the fact some penalty sliders are just on/off which explain there called based on ratings........Whats the point of looking at QB accuracy ratings and hoping they are good when in turn I could make the slider 0 or 100.......

You are absolutely right brother, it is absolutely useless to have sliders and ratings mixed together, it makes me wonder what's the point of having them at all, maybe they thought 50 on default will balance game or something, or just came to my thought if for example we turned down sliders to 0 what affect would that have? Did any one try a game like that? Does that make players play only rating based skill..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JohnnyFootball01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 09:44 AM   #1667
PMO
Banned
 
PMO's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Aug 2010
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFootball01
You are absolutely right brother, it is absolutely useless to have sliders and ratings mixed together, it makes me wonder what's the point of having them at all, maybe they thought 50 on default will balance game or something, or just came to my thought if for example we turned down sliders to 0 what affect would that have? Did any one try a game like that? Does that make players play only rating based skill..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That has been a hot topic on here for years in which you 0 everything and play to ratings, but it seems like it just never (I guess) worked out cause no one adapted to the point where all the slider guru's say just 0 everything ya know.

I know for a fact Fumbles would be absurd, Coverage horrid and CPU run block I bet terrible.............

I say them because in my sliders which are based off Mike Lowe and Armors I have CPU RB at 60, both Coverage's at 80 and Fumbles at 45, because it seems if you lower fumbles more than 45 you see incomplete passes called fumbles, they challenge but the challenge is the knee down not do they have possession, so its ruled a fumble.
PMO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 01:37 PM   #1668
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2012
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO
I agree with you 100% but ya missed the point........the point is there should not be sliders, everything should be ratings based like how the old sliders used to be in the game and now they are gone (because there ratings based now).

Some settings should absolutely be there like game speed, injuries, fatigue and stuff like that but everything else should be ratings based, also a good point to this is the fact some penalty sliders are just on/off which explain there called based on ratings........Whats the point of looking at QB accuracy ratings and hoping they are good when in turn I could make the slider 0 or 100.......
The thing with sliders is that there is no reason NOT to have them. Pretty much every interaction between two players, movement, catch, pass, kick, etc, is a formula being computed behind the scenes with a base formula and a modifier (modifier being catch, speed, accuracy, whatever). This is necessary for game developers to tweak the settings and not simply hard code numbers (this way a designer can change a variable via scripting or some other interface without actually needing a code change). Since you need these numbers in the development process anyway, why would you not make them available to your players?

Even something like speed, where you say a game should know that 70 is faster than 95 or things should be ratings based, they most certainly are. The speed parity is the crucial number here, as you most likely have some type of formula where this parity is the modifier with the player speed (rating) being the "hard" value passed in (and undoubtedly this game also uses fatigue in that formula somewhere, as I am sick of seeing tired guys absolutely gassed to the point of 5.5 40 levels in open field).

Sliders are also necessary for us to create a different experience than the one that the development team has created for us. Think how football has evolved over the years with juggernaut running teams, spread offenses, the explosion of the passing game, Wildcat, etc. With enough sliders actually working correctly, you could take a game like Madden and tweak it to play like current day NFL, or back 50 years with more defensive/running gameplans.

Sliders are a good thing (more would be even better), more documentation on their ACTUAL affect in game (even releasing the actual formulas would be awesome, seeing as EA has no real competitor in this market and nearly no one else has the resources to make/support a game like Madden EVEN WITH THE CODE BASE) is what would be really great. When you see a slider that has no effect or is not working correctly, it is most likely because that base formula is not being affected heavily enough by the modifier, or it is flat out wrong/bugged.

In short, sliders are great, guessing what they do without actually knowing? Not so great.
Hanoble is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:53 PM   #1669
MVP
 
TheBuddyHobbs's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Tampa, FL
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

Found my sliders, YAY!!! Thank you mucho, my friend!
__________________
Origin - TheBuddyHobbs

PSN

Steam - TheBuddyHobbs

Xbox

Twitch

Twitter

YouTube
TheBuddyHobbs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:37 PM   #1670
MVP
 
TheBuddyHobbs's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Tampa, FL
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Found my sliders, YAY!!! Thank you mucho, my friend!
Games and stats are very realistic. Lost on a final drive on 4th and goal by a sack BUT it feels great to be able to both win and lose like in real life. YAY!!!
__________________
Origin - TheBuddyHobbs

PSN

Steam - TheBuddyHobbs

Xbox

Twitch

Twitter

YouTube
TheBuddyHobbs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:50 PM   #1671
Rookie
 
crenk's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

do I need to change the sub in/out settings for every coach/team in a 32 man franchise or just my team?
Thanks
crenk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:22 PM   #1672
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2012
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

Anyone else seeing this issue with guys getting gassed? I have noticed it with HB/WRs simply not having enough juice to finish off big plays.

I had a for sure pick six at half as time expired with Joe Haden, but he literally slowed to a crawl the last 30 yards and was caught from behind by JOE FLACCO .

He was tired from the drive and heavy defense in the first half, but it was a little off to say the least. Thinking just dropping fatigue back to default, as I make a lot of subs throughout the game anyway, but I do not want to lose the CPU getting some subs in throughout the game.
Hanoble is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 AM.

Top -