Home

Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2015, 02:57 AM   #241
Last Pick At Recess

Hiero's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

Does the game play different if "Ball Hawk", "Strafe Assist", "Heat Seeker", etc? Basically, I'm trying to not have any assist or boosts enabled so I'm curious if I turn those off that they will change how these sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2015, 02:57 AM   #242
Rookie

Phillyboy67's Arena

http://www.twitch.tv/caddilacwill

streaming these sliders now
Old 08-28-2015, 04:29 AM   #243
Rookie

ThisIsReality's Arena

OVR: 4

It's so relieving to see sliders not so off the default values compared to previous years. Good on EA to address QB acccuracy. :P

Also, great sliders as always A&S
Old 08-28-2015, 07:17 AM   #244
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Good morning Gents. I took last night off to relax and watch some LLWS with my son. I have slept a total of 5 hours in 2 nights, and I also have a day job.....so with that said LOL....

Ok so let's summarize where we are and things I want to stress.

1. I am now advocating playing with 10 to 12 minute quarters and a runoff to 18 seconds. It's up to you. I am personally playing with 12 minutes now...but could cut that down to 10 minutes. The most important thing for me is not the amount of plays but how the final stats look and the flow and feel of the game. I am not obsessed with the amount of plays as long as the final result looks like what you see on Sunday. Having fun is the point. Don't obsess about number of plays....it's a video game.

2. Tackle slider has been moved/being tested at 40 - far too many broken tackles at 35. Watched JoshC1977's stream last night and 40 looked great.

3. Threshold is now being tested at 25 - IMO this will end up being the biggest key to the slider set in the end.

4. I am not testing in "Play Now" nor will I ever as I will never play in that mode so I will not waste my time (sorry Play Now guys no offense intended but I have limited play time and need to use it wisely, CFM is my go to mode for Madden).

5. Pass coverage and defense in general for both the CPU and USER is being looked at closely but the lack of the patch is making this part difficult.

I know I said this several times but I can't seem to say it enough. We must be patient and wait for the patch to address the in-game progression boost bug. It is affecting scores and making the game high scoring at the moment.

I am highly confident once it drops the set will get locked in quite quickly IMO.

We are very very close but the progression bug is skewing the samples and I can't do anything about that.

This evening I will be having an all night streaming party playing CFM games in both the offline 32 team test franchise and most likely a H2H online CFM game in the SOS test league!!!!

I am not going to update the front page just yet but use these adjustments:

25 Threshold

40 Tackling

60 Injuries

Coming soon in all likelihood will be brand new adjustments to pass coverage sliders to both the CPU and USER to tighten up the defense.

Have fun guys and keep the feedback coming!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 08-28-2015 at 07:26 AM.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:23 AM   #245
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiero
Does the game play different if "Ball Hawk", "Strafe Assist", "Heat Seeker", etc? Basically, I'm trying to not have any assist or boosts enabled so I'm curious if I turn those off that they will change how these sliders.
Only if your using these features as a user. It does not affect the CPU at all.

I like having them on as I use them when I user defense as a LB or DB/S. Ball Hawk is needed to use the (hold down when ball is on the air) triangle feature when playing the ball with a CB or S.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2015, 07:27 AM   #246
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation Style Sliders

Hey Swords, are you saying these won't work for play now at all? I LOVE the way these play, but the confidence bug and all these high scoring games aren't working for me right now.

Will I get a different experience if I use these in play now? I'd love to stream for a few hours this morning to show people how great these are, but I wanna know if I HAVE to use these on CFM only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2015, 07:37 AM   #247
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Hey Swords, are you saying these won't work for play now at all? I LOVE the way these play, but the confidence bug and all these high scoring games aren't working for me right now.

Will I get a different experience if I use these in play now? I'd love to stream for a few hours this morning to show people how great these are, but I wanna know if I HAVE to use these on CFM only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whats up Gosens!

They should work just fine in Play Now, but fatigue and auto subs should be set to default.

I am just saying I am not testing them in Play Now to give them for lack of a better term "my stamp of approval" (lol) for Play Now.

But I would not be concerned that the game play will be much different. In fact they may play better in play now if drive goals are inactive in Play Now. Because that bug is affecting the balance of the game more than some may even think.

It's a brutal ratings based bug. The patch can't get here soon enough.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-28-2015, 07:47 AM   #248
Rookie

OVR: 2

I know there is the in game progression bug, but my question is with season progression. I have never had an interest in XP and drive goals and progressing my own players. I just like to play the game.

If I set for the CPU to progress my players does that work realistic enough? Also, how often do you set for the CPU progression? Every 4 weeks? End of season?

Thanks for your work!

Rick

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »