Home

All-Pro/Adjusted Penalty Sliders/32 team Control

This is a discussion on All-Pro/Adjusted Penalty Sliders/32 team Control within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2015, 09:44 AM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: All-Pro/Adjusted Penalty Sliders/32 team Control

Ok man since I'm the fan of default sliders I never changed them except penalty sliders, so what have I found out after a lot of testing and trying here goes: If you are a hard core simulation player like myself the key option is Player Speed Treshold! Set All Pro, game speed Normal, and Player Speed Treshold 75, yes 75 it is an option that actually makes use of players ratings and makes off/def work their asses and only star players good rating players make big plays rest is like real life NFL stats you won't see 20+, 40+ yards run/catch every second or third play and zone coverage will now actually work try that out and thank me later, I would recommend any hard core sim player to with 75 option dont go 50 or -0 like others suggest going under 50 you play arcade game going over 50 you get real life low scoring NFL games with small number of big plays post your stats pls I played today with Chicago against Green Bay and won 37-27 in a tightest game ever it was 30-27 for me :24 sec when Rodgers fumbles for my returned TD so I won BUT? Both teams didn't make total yards over 400! I had just over 250 pass yards and over 80 rushing while Rodgers passed for over 300 and 60+ rush yards, the stats resembled those from ESPN on first game just try out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2015, 07:51 PM   #114
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFootball01
Ok man since I'm the fan of default sliders I never changed them except penalty sliders, so what have I found out after a lot of testing and trying here goes: If you are a hard core simulation player like myself the key option is Player Speed Treshold! Set All Pro, game speed Normal, and Player Speed Treshold 75, yes 75 it is an option that actually makes use of players ratings and makes off/def work their asses and only star players good rating players make big plays rest is like real life NFL stats you won't see 20+, 40+ yards run/catch every second or third play and zone coverage will now actually work try that out and thank me later, I would recommend any hard core sim player to with 75 option dont go 50 or -0 like others suggest going under 50 you play arcade game going over 50 you get real life low scoring NFL games with small number of big plays post your stats pls I played today with Chicago against Green Bay and won 37-27 in a tightest game ever it was 30-27 for me :24 sec when Rodgers fumbles for my returned TD so I won BUT? Both teams didn't make total yards over 400! I had just over 250 pass yards and over 80 rushing while Rodgers passed for over 300 and 60+ rush yards, the stats resembled those from ESPN on first game just try out.

I've always been a proponent of higher threshold over lower. It tightens up the gameplay, making for less big plays like you said.
I will test it out in my next game
G.B.(me) vs Chiefs(cpu).
I will post game stats and thoughts afterwards.
Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 10-12-2015, 10:43 PM   #115
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Thumbs up Re: All-Pro/Adjusted Penalty Sliders/32 team Control

I forgot to move the threshold to 75 but w/ the defensive games im getting, idk if i need to. This was a defensive battle! Both Defensive came out on fire! I got sacked 3x and the Chiefs 2x in this one.
The big difference was one team has an elite qb and the other, well not so so elite. 2ints for the Pack and 0 turnovers wa the big difference in this game. Rodgers is starting to get hot, in my last 2 games using the Packers, he's thrown 8tds and 1int. Very cool to be able to play each game and get 1st hand accounts of how each team is playing.
Good way to end Week 3 on MNF!
Looking forward to week 4's schedule!
Here's some stats for this one
1444703048827.jpg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2015, 10:51 PM   #116
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

I played a quick game earlier with threshold at 75 and it felt real nice. I won 21-7 with my fantasy draft team (power run/3-4 attack) and it was a battle. Le'veon Bell is my workhorse and he didn't disappoint. Had just over 100 yards on the ground and 50+ through the air and 2 tds.

Sent from my Galaxy s4 so deal with the short hand
twitch broadcast name: tdawg3782
Old 10-13-2015, 08:45 AM   #117
Rookie

What penalty sliders you guys use?

Old 10-13-2015, 07:20 PM   #118
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFootball01
What penalty sliders you guys use?

I use 55 on all of them, except rtp: 54 and fm: 54
Old 10-13-2015, 11:54 PM   #119
Rookie

OVR: 2
Angry Re: All-Pro/Adjusted Penalty Sliders/32 team Control

I'm beginning to wonder if this game plays different for each system it is loaded on. As crazy as it might sound, consider the different responses various sliders get. If everyone loaded each game the same and followed the same rules, then one would think that within a certain range the game would play somewhat the same. I've followed the directions here, and elsewhere, and the games I've played for the most part are the same with the same issues.

For example, there is little to no pass rush. Occasionally defenders will get through, but not consistently. On a number of occasions I've seen defenders stop just before getting to the QB. This tends to happen more on my side then the CPU's. QBs have lots of time and complete a very high percentage of passes. Pass defense is a joke, especially for player controlled teams.

In zone defenders go to their spots and sit. On man coverage, player DBs are easily beaten (even those with high press) by WRs (even those with low beat the press).

I have everything at default on AP on normal with threshold at 75. I'm frustrated and at a loss. Either I accept the shortcomings or I turn to slider adjustments and like so many others, never find something that works and spend the next year making adjustments.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:33 AM   #120
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
I'm beginning to wonder if this game plays different for each system it is loaded on. As crazy as it might sound, consider the different responses various sliders get. If everyone loaded each game the same and followed the same rules, then one would think that within a certain range the game would play somewhat the same. I've followed the directions here, and elsewhere, and the games I've played for the most part are the same with the same issues.

For example, there is little to no pass rush. Occasionally defenders will get through, but not consistently. On a number of occasions I've seen defenders stop just before getting to the QB. This tends to happen more on my side then the CPU's. QBs have lots of time and complete a very high percentage of passes. Pass defense is a joke, especially for player controlled teams.

In zone defenders go to their spots and sit. On man coverage, player DBs are easily beaten (even those with high press) by WRs (even those with low beat the press).

I have everything at default on AP on normal with threshold at 75. I'm frustrated and at a loss. Either I accept the shortcomings or I turn to slider adjustments and like so many others, never find something that works and spend the next year making adjustments.

I feel you man, I'm one of those guys who tried everything and came to a conclusion that default still plays best for me, you are absolutely right for defense it's sometimes totally useless on the field but it is what it is, I sometimes get burned with most ridiculous deep pass between two covered or simply there's a guy standing wide open for 10 sec and just slides down field it's painful, I still find my defenders just frozen on field and there's no real solution for that, bumping Treshold to 100 solves many issues like awareness IMO but in further research I found that you Also have to raise run blocking and Wr catching RB for user to 60 and CPU 70 WR catching for both 65 but that still somehow doesn't solve the problem and throws me back at default sliders, no matter what I do I end up only to be happy with default, THE only slider that I might try is user pass coverage and reaction time cause I think it is factory broken, also CPU run blocking maybe a bump by 5 that's all I can suggest I didn't try it out yet but I will after that I'm totally done adjusting sliders and I'll just stick to all default and get used to have frustrating plays I don't mind losing I just hate how CPU is abusing my stand still defense sometimes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »