Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2015, 06:00 PM   #905
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhigginsluckow
Out of curiosity, what have you noticed when leaving the intro difficulty (the difficulty you select when you first start the game) on All-Madden, as opposed to choosing All-Pro? Did it just make the games harder, were animations out of whack, etc?
I haven't studied this at-length this year....but last year, it lead to a lot more warping and weird anomalies.

I will say that I decided to test some on All Madden and set the intro menu to All Madden. I then later plugged-in an All Pro setup...it really didn't seem that much different. It may not be necessary to do this, but I am leaving it there from a "make sure we're comparing apples to apples" standpoint.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2015, 06:18 PM   #906
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey josh. Have you ever considered bumping the quarter Length down to 8? If I am correct, on NCAA it was 8 minute with your sliders. So I did 8 minutes and 70 fatigue and exact OP settings. I experienced nothing less then what you guys have but the exception of no offensive lineman being subbed out and 110-115 total plays a game. I know average is 120-130. But a small change can't hurt. I played against the panthers as Jaguars and I won 16-22. It was a tight and challenging game through out. Thought you should know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2015, 06:25 PM   #907
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
One other little trick up my sleeve here which I have been testing. I'm comfortable enough with it now to at least post it here....

If you go to the main menu autosub screen, the default setting is 60 Out/80 In. Resetting the autosubs in the CFM menu doesn't work right because they are in the opposite order from the main menu screen. Using the main menu default autosub of 60/80 and then manually setting the CFM autosubs to 60/80 across the board has lead to some interesting results.

So, the proposal is this....

Accelerated Clock: Off
Fatigue: 60
Autosubs: All positions set to 60 Out/80 In

The pros and cons, relative to the current OP autosubs is as follows:

Pros
  • Even more dynamic line play. There are still times where pass blocking will completely stonewall the pass rush, but it is modestly improved. Run blocking is even more of a "game of inches" than before - run the same play multiple times and each one will have a different outcome depending on blocking dynamics.
  • Runningbacks seem to run "harder"
  • Actual missed tackles by CPU and more broken tackles by both sides
  • QB Play (both sides) is much more unpredictable. More errant short passes. In a game versus Baltimore, Flacco threw 2 picks against me due to poor throws
  • Solid rotation across the board with far more subs late in the game (as in real life - you really feel/see fatigue set in...but realistically)
  • More dropped passes by open receivers
Cons
  • Some o-line subbing - but pretty much at the same level as using a high fatigue as the current set. It seems to be very dependent on drive length.
  • A little less RB rotation
  • This setup "humanizes" the CPU a bit more, so in some respects, it might be a tad easier....but I've lost my share of games with this setup.

I'm going to add this as an alternate to the OP - some of you will love it, some will hate it - but options are a good thing

P.S. Gunfighter....this may very well address your concerns with pass rush (though I note another user earlier posted that the pass rush was too easy....I really think it depends on style of play and personnel).
I agree, style and personnel definitely play a big roll and remember I am playing Coach Mode, so what's too easy for someone who is controlling the D may be difficult to someone who is just calling the plays. I'd like to check this out. So your basically setting everyone to 60 out/80 in on both the main menu and in CFM? Isn't that default? Also, would I need to restart my CFM or can I just edit the settings in the main menu and in my CFM?

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 12-23-2015, 06:30 PM   #908
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Ok, so I squeezed in another game and really the only issue I'm seeing is the lack of pressure on the CPU QB. I played against the Bears, Cutler was hurt and Fales was the QB, I couldn't get any pressure on him at all, even with heavy blitzing and the result was him being able to just stand in there and wait and wait for receivers to come open. I was throwing the house at them and never managed to get any kind of real pressure on him. Is anyone else seeing this? Chicago's line is not that good and the Cards can generate some serious heat so I would have expected to be able to at least force him into some bad throws but he had all day. Any suggestions for tweaking this? Thanks!
I don't see any issues with pass rush. In fact, controlling a d linemen like a I do, I often and easily get by the o linemen on runs and less often on pass plays but still break through relatively easily. I'm finding the CPU having a difficult time establishing the run on me. I think this is the difference between me playing and you using coach mode frankly. Also I play with the lions and bills both have good d lines.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:42 PM   #909
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Be sure to turn all assist off (autostrafe, heat seeker, ball hawk, switch assist). It helps level out the gameplay, even if you don't switch it still helps the cpu pass and run on a more even level imo.

I'm in a 32 team CFM and noticed after changing my qtr. Length to 9mins and turning acc clock off it turned all assist: On for all the other teams in my league. I may have not noticed before and had the assist off for my Main team (the team you select 1st to start cfm).

Anyway, before I play each game on the schedule now, I'm going to double check my settings and make sure my user assist are off, it's specific to each owner/coaches team.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:43 PM   #910
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
I agree, style and personnel definitely play a big roll and remember I am playing Coach Mode, so what's too easy for someone who is controlling the D may be difficult to someone who is just calling the plays. I'd like to check this out. So your basically setting everyone to 60 out/80 in on both the main menu and in CFM? Isn't that default? Also, would I need to restart my CFM or can I just edit the settings in the main menu and in my CFM?
It is default, but you have to set the sliders manually within the CFM to those values (i.e. hitting the reset button in CFM will not work).

No....you do not need to restart your CFM...just plug them in for both the MM and CFM and you will be good to go.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:47 PM   #911
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
I don't see any issues with pass rush. In fact, controlling a d linemen like a I do, I often and easily get by the o linemen on runs and less often on pass plays but still break through relatively easily. I'm finding the CPU having a difficult time establishing the run on me. I think this is the difference between me playing and you using coach mode frankly. Also I play with the lions and bills both have good d lines.
I'm using the Raiders right now and while Mack is a good player, he's frankly out-classed at RE where he is in the roster I am using (yes, I know he is a LE IRL). Unless he can get a quick move on the LT and blow by them, he is struggling. The rest of the d-line isn't anything to write home about, so my pass rush - even though I control my d-line manually, is struggling a tad bit. When I have used better d-lines, I have done much better.

Now....gunfighter....if you are still struggling even with autosub adjustment, as a coach mode player, you might consider dropping the CFM holding slider to 48 (leaving the MM value where it is now).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2015, 07:04 PM   #912
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I'm using the Raiders right now and while Mack is a good player, he's frankly out-classed at RE where he is in the roster I am using (yes, I know he is a LE IRL). Unless he can get a quick move on the LT and blow by them, he is struggling. The rest of the d-line isn't anything to write home about, so my pass rush - even though I control my d-line manually, is struggling a tad bit. When I have used better d-lines, I have done much better.

Now....gunfighter....if you are still struggling even with autosub adjustment, as a coach mode player, you might consider dropping the CFM holding slider to 48 (leaving the MM value where it is now).
Your referring to the offensive holding slider right? Yeah, without me user controlling them my d-line can't get off any blocks.

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »