Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2016, 08:35 PM   #1593
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

As an update...

King and I have been PMing back and forth almost all day. We've forged a set together based on past experience and it sounds like we're onto something very positive already based on feedback I've been getting from him.

I'll be evaluating things this evening after work (west coast here). Hope to have a resolution so we can get back to business soon
Old 10-06-2016, 10:42 AM   #1594
Pro

Woad23's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
We have a lot of work to do.....
Just played AM all on default with heat seeker and ball hawk off as requested, here is what I saw...

In won game 54-34, with my 3-2 team (playing with your exact AM set) who previously had been averaging 29 points a game...and allowing 23. Shootouts happen but here is why this wasn't normal.

Running game: my backs went for over 300 due to three things.

First, giant holes opened by Oline.

Second, super sticky blocking. There was very little block shed by either team allowing both teams rbs to get to the second level with ease, where the wr would be locking down the dbs creating multiple 30+ Yd runs by both teams.

Third, and this one was new to me, the defensive players weren't attempting tackles as rbs would run past them. Numerous times the rb would run through the gaping hole and brush shoulders with a lb who wouldn't engage in a tackle. No moves were needed just a little direction with the stick.

The pass rush for both teams was also an issue. There were 15 total sacks in the game. I had 9, (team had been averaging less than 4.) The sacks were due to two things.

First, the instant win with a move. Ball snapped, swim move made, sack. (I was not usering dline)

Second, and perhaps more distressing, horrible blitz pick up. Lbs were running past Oline who would watch them fly by then go triple team a de.

The coverage was also loose, but with the type of pressure coming their qb were still at 65% but almost all on check downs, once again i blame the pressure.

Hope this is useful, thanks as always for your work

Last edited by Woad23; 10-06-2016 at 10:45 AM.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:35 AM   #1595
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
Just played AM all on default with heat seeker and ball hawk off as requested, here is what I saw...

In won game 54-34, with my 3-2 team (playing with your exact AM set) who previously had been averaging 29 points a game...and allowing 23. Shootouts happen but here is why this wasn't normal.

Running game: my backs went for over 300 due to three things.

First, giant holes opened by Oline.

Second, super sticky blocking. There was very little block shed by either team allowing both teams rbs to get to the second level with ease, where the wr would be locking down the dbs creating multiple 30+ Yd runs by both teams.

Third, and this one was new to me, the defensive players weren't attempting tackles as rbs would run past them. Numerous times the rb would run through the gaping hole and brush shoulders with a lb who wouldn't engage in a tackle. No moves were needed just a little direction with the stick.

The pass rush for both teams was also an issue. There were 15 total sacks in the game. I had 9, (team had been averaging less than 4.) The sacks were due to two things.

First, the instant win with a move. Ball snapped, swim move made, sack. (I was not usering dline)

Second, and perhaps more distressing, horrible blitz pick up. Lbs were running past Oline who would watch them fly by then go triple team a de.

The coverage was also loose, but with the type of pressure coming their qb were still at 65% but almost all on check downs, once again i blame the pressure.

Hope this is useful, thanks as always for your work
Heat seeker and ball hawk are supposed to be "on". Fyi.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 11:45 AM   #1596
Pro

OVR: 1

I just want to reiterate what Josh has said several times about deleting a profile if you're seeing something wonky. After the new patch came out, I deleted the game, my profile and old tuner and reinstalled. I went through the whole Rams/Redskins intro, so I had a completely new profile. So I was trying to start completely from scratch.

Made some small tweaks to my MM profile (time, coach mode, assists off) and played AP default (100% out of the box) with my franchise. Game play was awful...no running game at all (crazy block shedding and lack of RB moves and BTK) and passing was unstoppable (DB coverage was no where to be seen). Overall, CPU sucked, and I was killing them. After 3 games of this, all I did was what Josh recommended...go back to MM, set the profile up the way I wanted it, went in Share/Manage and deleted the profile, then backed out and let the new profile get auto created and saved.

I then went and played the same games again in my franchise and I had a totally different game play experience. Now, I can't stop the run (RBs have crazy moves now), passing is more manageable (more throw aways and DBs do better covering), and the CPU is a bit more competitive overall.

Crazy that this works since I touched nothing in my CFM and my MM profile settings were exactly the same as I had them before. Whatever this is, it probably explains why you read on this board how folks have very different experiences...it's not just slider changes.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:48 AM   #1597
Pro

OVR: 1

Josh, et. al., any thoughts on fatigue post patch? Seems like there's way less fatigue overall on both sides of the ball. Reminds of M16's May patch that "broke" fatigue. Curious if you're seeing the same thing and are adjusting fatigue with your latest "tinkerings."
Old 10-06-2016, 12:14 PM   #1598
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Got in 6 games yesterday (all PTM so while not full games still got some good data) on the AM default set.

-Human passing isn't too bad. Cpu D played pretty good but I was able to move the ball around a bit. I have Brees, Cooks, and a 2nd year WR who is a beast so it felt pretty solid. There is some suction blocking but it wasn't super bad. I was pressured and didn't have all day to throw.

-Human running for me was non existent. I signed AP as a FA and he is still 88 ovr and pretty damn good. Any counter or outside run was blown up very fast. Dives, off tackle, and some traps could get you a little. Seems to tight. I have a slightly above average oline but there guys got off blocks very fast. No suction blocking here.

-Human run defense wasn't that bad but suction blocking was there again. I have a DT who has 88+ in Str, PMv, and BlkShd who could not get off a block to save his life. I really liked the pursuit angles made by my LBs and S.

-Human pass D was also not to bad. Suction blocking popped up pretty bad here. Blitzs were effective when called at the right time. Coverage was too loose and in zone guys just seem lost. The defense does attack to the ball though.

Went 2-4 in those games also fwiw.

Last edited by tdawg3782; 10-06-2016 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-06-2016, 01:28 PM   #1599
Pro

Woad23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Heat seeker and ball hawk are supposed to be "on". Fyi.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Doh! At least we know not to turn them off!
Old 10-06-2016, 03:50 PM   #1600
Banned

I think the game plays just as good after Patch #2 with these settings listed on first page. Are we kinda obsessing here ? I appreciate the work - I just hope that we can play more than trying to extract gameplay that may not be there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »