Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2016, 03:04 AM   #161
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

I'm sorry I'm so confused but other than fatigue and some penalty changes and auto subs isn't this just the base slider settings? How are those changes affecting difficulty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 06:52 AM   #162
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
OK....back to basics night

After being essentially able to abuse toss and stretch plays, I knew something was just wrong. I went back to my old standard with 60/80 autosubs and default sliders (including fatigue). Yes, more warping and so on....but I immediately could tell the difference - the CPU was so much more competitive! So YAY! Using the Bears versus the Texans...while I finished 133 yards rushing, it was on 37 carries (a 3.5 ypc average...inflated by two Cutler scrambles for 26 yards.

The best part, autosub driven rotation across the board (some O-line subbing, but oh well, they don't get injured, so I am OK with that). The best part, it was about a 2:1 split in downs played and rushing attempts (22 for Langford, 12 for Carey, and even 1 for the 3rd stringer Howard on a long drive). The CPU split was less (more 3:1 for the starter, but I think it was partly driven by some big plays versus the abysmal Bears defense ). I lost the game 41-20. So, competitive game...good starting point. It's also the first time I actually managed to finish a game since this came out (and I actually enjoyed it). Completion percentages were at 66% for me and 70% for the CPU...I'm good with that considering I saw badly thrown balls and a variety of passes. Watt was a force too, finishing with 5 tackles, 2 TKL, and a sack (not to mention all the plays he disrupted).

Not going to get into the tweaks, just going to post the updated set....at least we got a challenge back. I'll continue to re-visit some of the other settings as patches come out and as we gather data. Going to stick with this basic setup for a while now that I could see a definite improvement in CPU competitiveness. I expect every game will be different.
Josh, I did the reinstall, and tested something very similiar , not far off, and was way better than gamesI was having before.

All Pro default, 9 min, no accel
All settings the same in main and CFM
60/80 auto subs in both main and CFM
Armors penalty sliders (the variety of penalties is outstanding, even had a forward illegal pass called against cpu QB)
fatigue 55
injury 50 in both main and cfm
35 speed threshold

Best All PRO experience I have had yet. Ofcourse only 1 game, cannot wait to try more. Had CPU actually scramble to get away a few times.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2016, 07:05 AM   #163
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

I played a couple defensive gems last night. Been awhile since I could say that. First game I lost 20-10 with 550 total yards (YEAH!). Second game I won 17-16 with around 730 t.y. Since this is such a small sample size, it's hard to say if it was just a coincidence or maybe on to something.

Here are the only differences I made to all default All Pro:

-Games were in Play now (may be a big reason)
-Threshold set @ 43/ Fatigue @ 57
-Game Speed SLOW (I have a feeling this is why)

That's it. I really need to test inside CFM but I really feel the game speed on Slow might have a big impact on making plays on defense and keeping the yardage down. I know this will not be the case for EVERY game and EVERY player, it is just something I'm throwing out there for Josh to monitor.

Last edited by Rubio809; 08-25-2016 at 07:09 AM.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:11 AM   #164
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

ALL my games are tested in CFM

Old 08-25-2016, 07:14 AM   #165
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Oh and OPI & KCI were "on".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 07:15 AM   #166
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
Oh and OPI & KCI were "on".
Exact penalty settings Armor has in his thread, so all on. He always does an excellent job on penalty sliders.

Old 08-25-2016, 09:00 AM   #167
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Josh, I did the reinstall, and tested something very similiar , not far off, and was way better than gamesI was having before.

All Pro default, 9 min, no accel
All settings the same in main and CFM
60/80 auto subs in both main and CFM
Armors penalty sliders (the variety of penalties is outstanding, even had a forward illegal pass called against cpu QB)
fatigue 55
injury 50 in both main and cfm
35 speed threshold

Best All PRO experience I have had yet. Ofcourse only 1 game, cannot wait to try more. Had CPU actually scramble to get away a few times.

What about Fumble settings? And were the amount of fumbles respectable?
Old 08-25-2016, 09:07 AM   #168
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I thought this was interesting to pass around.

This is a note from Clint on Twitter:

Game is tuned to provide balanced stats at 5-8 minutes QTR length

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »