Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2016, 11:51 PM   #193
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Everyone is saying how easy outside runs are. Seems to be a pursuit thing.

It seems running is easier to run in CFM than play now. That's why I'm wondering if it's because of the CFM default 49/50 auto subs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You guys would be shocked to see the star/playcalling logic for the default teams defensive schemes/gameplan.

I'm sure if the cpu made better defensive play calls in those situations, we wouldn't be saying "it's too easy".

I do believe you guys will find custom gameplans for the offensive and defensive calls to be just as important for the cpu as sliders changes. Possibly more!
I mean, by default the defensive PBs only have 2 goaline calls!? So many situations the cpu needs adjusting in the gameplans.

Really makes you think,
Was I able to get a hb toss to work 90% of the time on the goaline b/c of the blocking or b/c the cpu keeps picking A-Gap blitz?

We should be looking at why a play was so successful.
What did they call?
What did we call?

Last edited by D81SKINS; 08-26-2016 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-25-2016, 11:52 PM   #194
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Yeah, that helps...some of it may be game-tuning related (not so much sliders). ANother question though...how do you have your position schemes set-up?
I generally tend to set position schemes to the strengths of the starter at that position. Right now I'm just messing around with a couple of teams in cfm getting a feel for the gameplay. Haven't gotten too in-depth with the schemes on some teams. I agree, I think the zone issue is a tuning problem. The block shedding became an issue when I put the latest set in. I believe the holding penalty was raised to a higher value in it. I only have a small sample with the new set up (2 games) but it really stood out.
Old 08-25-2016, 11:52 PM   #195
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
You guys would be shocked to see the star/playcalling logic for the defaults teams defensive schemes/gameplan.
Shocked in a good way or a bad way?

Edit: read some of your thread....my god...that's icky.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 08-25-2016 at 11:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 12:06 AM   #196
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgexpat
Me too. I wonder if offensive holding -> 20 like the early version of joshc sliders from m16 would help.
Yup....nailed it. I really didn't want to go there. But just like when the game came out last year, this is the fix.

OP updated to reflect Holding at 20 MM, and 20 CFM. (I'll re-evaluate when the patch comes out)

Edit: turned ballhawk and heatseeker off to clean up some warping.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 08-26-2016 at 12:09 AM.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:12 AM   #197
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Yeah we are really nailing this issue down!
CPU playcalling logic is improved bro!

Check this out if you haven't yet:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-cpu-user.html
Old 08-26-2016, 12:32 AM   #198
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
You guys would be shocked to see the star/playcalling logic for the default teams defensive schemes/gameplan.

I'm sure if the cpu made better defensive play calls in those situations, we wouldn't be saying "it's too easy".

I do believe you guys will find custom gameplans for the offensive and defensive calls to be just as important for the cpu as sliders changes. Possibly more!
I mean, by default the defensive PBs only have 2 goaline calls!? So many situations the cpu needs adjusting in the gameplans.

Really makes you think,
Was I able to get a hb toss to work 90% of the time on the goaline b/c of the blocking or b/c the cpu keeps picking A-Gap blitz?

We should be looking at why a play was so successful.
What did they call?
What did we call?
Is the solution choosing a generic playbook from the list? Is there a way to get the CPU to 'stick' to a playbook selection or do we have to create a player or coach on each team we play in CFM and select the playbook per game?
Old 08-26-2016, 12:47 AM   #199
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgexpat
Is the solution choosing a generic playbook from the list? Is there a way to get the CPU to 'stick' to a playbook selection or do we have to create a player or coach on each team we play in CFM and select the playbook per game?
All the answers are listed in the link listed above(post #197).
Not trying to derail Josh's slider discussions
Old 08-26-2016, 02:05 AM   #200
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Yup....nailed it. I really didn't want to go there. But just like when the game came out last year, this is the fix.

OP updated to reflect Holding at 20 MM, and 20 CFM. (I'll re-evaluate when the patch comes out)

Edit: turned ballhawk and heatseeker off to clean up some warping.
Let me make sure I am on the right track, Off holding at 20 makes for more aggressive off line thus more RB YPC? I am seeing about 4.6 YPC for me at 20, before I was avg about at about 4.1.
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »