Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2016, 12:57 PM   #1729
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Limited sample size....but not seeing it with the OP setup. I have seen the beginnings of the animation (and the lower rated the corner, the more likely that beginning animation seems to be to occur)....but that continued slide hasn't happened.
Josh--Unfortunately I have seen it with the exact settings from the OP. In fact, I saw it 2 of my first 3 passing plays in a game last night. The two videos below are from the same play. First video is a side view and is much clearer then the second video. The second video is not intended to focus on the glitch but rather provide a wider view of the play. I ran shotgun slot cross. CPU was running sam3 will blitz (zone blitz 3 deep concept). The play prior to this CPU was in man coverage and I saw the same glitch on a comeback route but did not take video of it. After taking this video I turned off the game. One because I was tired and secondly I'm losing faith in this patch. While it has improved some areas of the game I'm starting to realize it has introduced other glaring issues. Frustrated with the game and process certainly not your sliders!

I also saw the glitch playing everything all-pro default with 60/80 auto subs. I haven't played a game where I haven't seen it on a regular basis unfortunately. I'm wondering if some of the comments about passing being too easy is partly because of this glitch.

Video 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEQpf8gshlk
Video 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDYZKSClySI
Old 10-11-2016, 03:07 PM   #1730
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Is there any way to change qtr length once the cfm is started?
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 10-11-2016, 03:28 PM   #1731
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Is there any way to change qtr length once the cfm is started?
go to "league settings".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2016, 03:28 PM   #1732
Banned

Quote:
9 minutes with no ACC clock is the best setting imo. I get a solid 130 plays per game out of it. Just don't the play clock drain all the way down and you're golden.
Josh: do you think that changing fatigue to 45 is ok ?
Old 10-11-2016, 03:37 PM   #1733
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu32
Josh: do you think that changing fatigue to 45 is ok ?
You will likely see more offense and more big plays and obviously less rotation...but if that is what you are looking for, go for it.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:42 PM   #1734
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
Josh--Unfortunately I have seen it with the exact settings from the OP. In fact, I saw it 2 of my first 3 passing plays in a game last night. The two videos below are from the same play. First video is a side view and is much clearer then the second video. The second video is not intended to focus on the glitch but rather provide a wider view of the play. I ran shotgun slot cross. CPU was running sam3 will blitz (zone blitz 3 deep concept). The play prior to this CPU was in man coverage and I saw the same glitch on a comeback route but did not take video of it. After taking this video I turned off the game. One because I was tired and secondly I'm losing faith in this patch. While it has improved some areas of the game I'm starting to realize it has introduced other glaring issues. Frustrated with the game and process certainly not your sliders!

I also saw the glitch playing everything all-pro default with 60/80 auto subs. I haven't played a game where I haven't seen it on a regular basis unfortunately. I'm wondering if some of the comments about passing being too easy is partly because of this glitch.

Video 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEQpf8gshlk
Video 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDYZKSClySI
That sucks. I had hope that we might not see it with these settings. I hope you tweeted Clint and Rex with those videos. I still can't understand this isn't getting more publicity.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:04 PM   #1735
Banned

Quote:
You will likely see more offense and more big plays and obviously less rotation...but if that is what you are looking for, go for it.
thanks. do you know of any way to adjust run/pass ratios in simulated games ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2016, 04:06 PM   #1736
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Just a general comment....

I don't want us to get de-railed on one animation right now. I get that this 'glitch' may be utterly annoying...but again, I have not seen it so far (I also haven't looked for specifically until last night).

OK...vids show it happens under certain circumstances. No argument....but let me preach it again....CONTEXT. There are a ton of variables in play. Examples (and this is just off the top of my head):

What system?
What roster?
What slider setup (provide info on fatigue, thresh, quarter length, gameplay sliders, penalty sliders, and autosubs)?
What mode?
Ratings of the WR, and DB (such as route running, awareness, MCV, play recognition)?
What plays (both offense/defense)?
Situation of game (i.e. is it happening near the end of drives more...where fatigue may happen)?
Field conditions? (Yes...seriously...I've seen sliding and other things happen in rainy games)
Was issue seen after a post-patch profile reset?
With or without tuner?

Want to fix this....start collecting the data from every occurrence so troubleshooting can begin. Info should be collected from several hundred occurrences from a wide number of users it can be trended/tracked. If this is the same sort of issue as on NCAA, this is not going to be a simple fix...and chances are, it isn't going to be a slider fix.

If anyone wants to spearhead this, feel free to do so and maybe even start another thread to get organized. I don't plan on actively exploring this...Matt and I once spent 14 hours one day on Twitch running nothing but curls on NCAA14 to fix a very similar issue (not quite the same animation, but close)....we never did.

If I get a "fix" through happy coincidence...great....but I am not going to actively pursue this based on my past experiences.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 10-11-2016 at 04:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »