Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2016, 05:54 AM   #2177
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
If you want to get more of a challenge @ qb, see more organic airballs and less ints caught.
1. Lowering Qb short, med, and deep throw acc by 25%, remember to also do the backups in case of injury.

What's also good to do is, take the avg of the 3 and apply them to the Throw on Run and PA.

2. Lower ints to 30, still seeing too many caught at 32. Which is also a product of more inaccurate throws.

Also I'm getting good feedback with a 45 tackle for user.
Have been looking to do something like this for a while. Was thinking 10% off all accuracy attributes, but considered that might not be enough. Definitely keen to try this though, as I feel it's the only way to see more off target throws which produces realism and "what you see on Sundays".

How have you found lowering INT to 30, as that obviously affects more than just the defenses ability to catch. I remember testing with it dropped to 40-45 (along with QB accuracy, pass blocking, and tackling) and my first few games I actually saw more INT's.

Tackling is definitely much better when dropped below default. Have tested both 40-45 and both were an improvement in terms of animations and broken tackles.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:12 AM   #2178
MVP

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
Have been looking to do something like this for a while. Was thinking 10% off all accuracy attributes, but considered that might not be enough. Definitely keen to try this though, as I feel it's the only way to see more off target throws which produces realism and "what you see on Sundays".

How have you found lowering INT to 30, as that obviously affects more than just the defenses ability to catch. I remember testing with it dropped to 40-45 (along with QB accuracy, pass blocking, and tackling) and my first few games I actually saw more INT's.

Tackling is definitely much better when dropped below default. Have tested both 40-45 and both were an improvement in terms of animations and broken tackles.
Its funny you say that youve seen more int because i have too. Is this a patch 2 thing. Ive always played w int around 35 -40 for cpu. Ive been playing w it on 30 and ive thrown 6 int in 2 games. The cpu has 0 drops all catches. Weird. Ill try 25 now but im sure this will make something feel off in the gameplay and make am even more easier

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2016, 01:13 PM   #2179
Rookie

OVR: 1

I see we are getting into player re-rating now, ugh. Without a global editor, that is just too much work required. I started seeing some ugliness too with ST sliders, I'm getting close to giving up on this year's Madden. A few games will play well, and then something that just ruins it for me will hit.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:29 PM   #2180
Rookie

RVBlackhawks's Arena

OVR: 1

I have a few questions, if anyone can answer for me that would be great:

1. Just wondering if theses sliders are for cpu vs cpu?

2. If so, can someone post the up to date ones or if they are the ones on the front page?

Thanks
Old 11-07-2016, 07:57 PM   #2181
Rookie

I think M16 plays better at the moment than this rendition. Way too many instances where batted passes pop up to a near by defender, blocked kicks are still not what they should be, mobile qbs not scrambling near enough etc etc.

I do have confidence that Josh will figure something out though, he usually finds a happy medium.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2016, 11:48 PM   #2182
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Sorry for the silence guys, I've been ill the last couple of days...starting to shake it now...a little catch-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrtkolman
I see we are getting into player re-rating now, ugh. Without a global editor, that is just too much work required. I started seeing some ugliness too with ST sliders, I'm getting close to giving up on this year's Madden. A few games will play well, and then something that just ruins it for me will hit.
I agree. I'm not into roster editing for the reasons you mention above. I do think we need one final patch to hopefully iron things out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVBlackhawks
I have a few questions, if anyone can answer for me that would be great:

1. Just wondering if theses sliders are for cpu vs cpu?

2. If so, can someone post the up to date ones or if they are the ones on the front page?

Thanks
They aren't designed for CPU v. CPU, but many enjoy these in that style of play. The OP is current...for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb1976
I think M16 plays better at the moment than this rendition. Way too many instances where batted passes pop up to a near by defender, blocked kicks are still not what they should be, mobile qbs not scrambling near enough etc etc.

I do have confidence that Josh will figure something out though, he usually finds a happy medium.
I hope so. Again, I think another patch can iron out some things.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I've started re-examining that 75 MM injury slider. It does a lot of good, but it is the one value that is extreme relative to the rest of the set. While the game's default value of 10 is just not viable, going with a more moderate value of 50 may open some things back up. My biggest concern has been lack of progressive fatigue due to that high injury value....I think the ST sliders further exacerbated that issue further and lead to some of the wonky results.

The biggest thing I've learned this year is that the further you stray from default, the worse the game gets....so, less may actually be more...
Old 11-08-2016, 06:59 PM   #2183
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56

I took the 93 and 75 rosters and have nearly perfected that era's sim stats. everything looks great and I do not have any attachment to the 16 roster, so I love these old sets.
Old 11-09-2016, 01:36 PM   #2184
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Been away from Madden for a bit. I see a new patch (1.06) has dropped? Has this messed things up???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »