Home

Jarodd21s Madden 17 All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 17 All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2016, 08:58 PM   #425
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 17 All-Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Ok, everything is the same as yours minus the speed threshold at 45 and tackling at 55 like you mentioned. I just dont like the over abundance of big plays, that in itself will lend to higher scoring games, fewer sustained drives and less defensive battles. Ill let you know how it goes.
Yeah I feel you but when I was watching your game, I was seeing times where you could have neutralized the big runs with some simple line shifting. You was leaving the edge open for an easy run a lot. So start working on cleaning that up too. Sliders can only do so much. You have to make plays with the player you control and scheme right in certain situations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 09:22 PM   #426

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Yeah I feel you but when I was watching your game, I was seeing times where you could have neutralized the big runs with some simple line shifting. You was leaving the edge open for an easy run a lot. So start working on cleaning that up too. Sliders can only do so much. You have to make plays with the player you control and scheme right in certain situations.
Dont disagree but my issue as it is presently isnt the running game as much as it is the passing game and the big plays. Tackling at 55 might be too much as Im playing Green Bay, keep in mind Aaron Rodgers got hurt on the 2nd play of the game so that skewed things, but they have less then 50 yards of offense, in fact they have 16 yards lol. Im up 17-0 but I have less then 150 yards, 2 punt returns have setup short fields and thus the score. I really like the speed threshold where it is, feels like football and less like a waiting game for the big play to happen. Tackling should come back down to at least 50 where I had it and lower until we find that happy medium. I really like the feel its giving now, if tackling does indeed influence block shed then lowering that might solve it and make it play perfectly imo.

EDIT - Im gonna stream it if you wanna check it out for yourself.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:27 PM   #427
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Dont disagree but my issue as it is presently isnt the running game as much as it is the passing game and the big plays. Tackling at 55 might be too much as Im playing Green Bay, keep in mind Aaron Rodgers got hurt on the 2nd play of the game so that skewed things, but they have less then 50 yards of offense, in fact they have 16 yards lol. Im up 17-0 but I have less then 150 yards, 2 punt returns have setup short fields and thus the score. I really like the speed threshold where it is, feels like football and less like a waiting game for the big play to happen. Tackling should come back down to at least 50 where I had it and lower until we find that happy medium. I really like the feel its giving now, if tackling does indeed influence block shed then lowering that might solve it and make it play perfectly imo.

EDIT - Im gonna stream it if you wanna check it out for yourself.
Okay. I'm watching. Told you that tackling slider plays a huge role but I wanna see a bigger sample size. I usually don't trust the first game after tweaking sliders. You probably need to put the threshold back on 0 too.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:35 PM   #428
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
There are people who are struggling with the green sliders too so I'm trying to make that set a little more USER friendly. I'm only updating the Green, Red, and Blue sliders. My Black sliders are pretty much set for me and the select few that use them at the moment.
I thought I was good enough to go to red, big fail, dropped back to green, still not great, though I think playing as the bears isn't helping!

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2016, 09:43 PM   #429
Rookie

OVR: 0

Jarrodd how much do you think the gameplan each week has an effect on what happens on the field each week? Like they know who to key on, how much we like to run certain plays and etc. At times it can seem like they are just waiting for you to run that one play so they can blow it up. Could just be my mind playing tricks.

Also after this weekend in sports, sport games can be unpredictable as well. Things just don't play like you think they should. I mean honestly if I was to lose to the Rams, I would be piss and say something needs to be tweaked. Just this past weekend, the Rams beat the Seahawks. I mean who saw that coming. So with that said, I think your sliders are almost perfect to be honest.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:55 PM   #430
Rookie

Jarrod so only change right now you see is raising tackle to 55 for green set. Is that for both user/cpu? Do you think if I play with ball hawk and heat seeker on it will effect anything? Thanks
Old 09-20-2016, 10:18 PM   #431
Rookie

dxpsman's Arena

First off, thanks for all the work you guys put into these sliders; I could never find the time and I definitely don't have the patience.

Quick question: I downloaded your green set and applied it both through the menu and the franchise itself, but the ratings aren't the same (especially penalties) as the ratings in this post. I suppose I could be doing something wrong, but I thought I'd check and see if anyone else has the same issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 10:48 PM   #432

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Okay. I'm watching. Told you that tackling slider plays a huge role but I wanna see a bigger sample size. I usually don't trust the first game after tweaking sliders. You probably need to put the threshold back on 0 too.
Yeah, I know you prefer 0 and I get it I just think that having it at 0 leads to big plays too frequently and makes it hard to have defensive games because of that. I will bow out a little since Im not using your sliders verbatim but will continue to let you know how it plays and will start broadcasting more often so you can see it for yourself as time permits. Ill pretty much be playing at the same time every night for the rest of the week until the weekend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »