Home

Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

This is a discussion on Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2017, 08:57 PM   #73
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan813
Yea I thought about waiting until week 1

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Are you on xbox one or PS4? If you're on Xbox one go get those rosters. He does a good job. He doesn't edit ratings or anything he just adds missing players and keeps up with transactions every day.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:11 PM   #74
Rookie

Flazko, I'm going to definitely use your sliders, I love them. I will let you know how it goes as well. My question though is this: Why is CPU run blocking and pass blocking higher than User blocking?
Old 08-25-2017, 09:13 PM   #75
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK19
Flazko, I'm going to definitely use your sliders, I love them. I will let you know how it goes as well. My question though is this: Why is CPU run blocking and pass blocking higher than User blocking?
To compensate for the fact that it is an AI system. It's not as smart as a human brain. Same goes for why there's higher coverage reaction time for cpu. It's to bring a little bit of a challenge without taking away from it being a simulation experience.

Last edited by Flazko; 08-25-2017 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Typo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 10:17 PM   #76
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
To compensate for the fact that it is an AI system. It's not as smart as a human brain. Same goes for why there's higher coverage reaction time for cpu. It's to bring a little bit of a challenge without taking away from it being a simulation experience.
Those adjustments make a significant difference. I'm hittin the hay early, but I have everything set up and I'm good to go. I'm gonna commit to all-pro this year and just keep trucking. I've been using all-madden for years, but I'm deadset on all-pro for Madden 18. If any unexpected curve balls come my way, I'll adjust what I need to and keep going with All-Pro. I'm not restarting. After I complete my first season, I'll take over as the head coach by creating my own character (as in I was a coordinator that was promoted after JDR moved on to take over a college program) for year 2. Then at some point I'm gonna take over a random team and have some fun.

Slider note: I'm using everything as you have except for CPU coverage - I bumped that to 75.

Settings notes: I'm still undecided on quarter lengths. I'm either going to use 15 min / 14 sec, 12 min / 20 sec, 10 min / 25 sec or 9 minute/ no run off. Also, I've decided not to screw around with game speed this year; I'm going to use normal even though I love the animations and fluidity that Slow provides.

Thanks Flazko for sharing your sliders and settings. I've got a crazy weekend ahead of me (two fantasy drafts and my son's 7th bday), so I probably won't be able to kickoff my CFM until Sunday night. I'll post results, feedback and stats.

Do you have any advice on quarter length (amount of plays) based on what you're using and the four options that I listed?
Old 08-25-2017, 10:19 PM   #77
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
Those adjustments make a significant difference. I'm hittin the hay early, but I have everything set up and I'm good to go. I'm gonna commit to all-pro this year and just keep trucking. I've been using all-madden for years, but I'm deadset on all-pro for Madden 18. If any unexpected curve balls come my way, I'll adjust what I need to and keep going. I'm not restarting. After I complete my first season, I'll either take over as the head coach by creating my own character (as in I was a coordinator that was promoted after JDR moved on to take over a college program) for year 2. Then at some point I'm gonna take over a random team and have some fun.

Slider note: I'm using everything as you have except for CPU coverage - I bumped that to 75.

Settings notes: I'm still undecided on quarter lengths. I'm either going to use 15 min / 14 sec, 12 min / 20 sec, 10 min / 25 sec or 9 minute/ no run off. Also, I've decided not to screw around with game speed this year; I'm going to use normal even though I love the animations and fluidity that Slow provides.

Thanks Flazko for sharing your sliders and settings. I've got a crazy weekend ahead of me (two fantasy drafts and my son's 7th bday), so I probably won't be able to kickoff my CFM until Sunday night. I'll post results, feedback and stats.

Do you have any advice on quarter length (amount of plays) based on what you're using and the four options that I listed?
Typically I like 15 mins with 15 sec. You can also do 12 mins with 17 sec or 10 mins with 20 sec. Those combinations are great.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:05 AM   #78
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Going to give your sliders a shot, used them primarily last year. Already 0-9 with my Jets on default all-pro, can't get any worse.
Old 08-26-2017, 06:43 AM   #79
MVP

OVR: 4

Played a game with the newest settings as Dallas at Buffalo. Lost 27-10. Got very little pressure on Tyrod Taylor and he was 18-25. I think he was 12-13 at one point before I finally got some pressure and forced throws on the run. These are tough settings.
Old 08-26-2017, 06:57 AM   #80
Just started!

Used your sliders last year to great pleasure.

I was happy with the result of my first game, prime time @Seahawks so struggles were expected and I lost 16-12.

However am a bit concerned with both Wentz & Wilson atleast 4-5 times missing a throw by 5-8 yards or a fade towards the sidelines being thrown at a FS inside the numbers without any pressure. Also at crunch time they shot up from 3 sacks to 11 on two drives, some were the AI taking control of my QB and gravitating him towards the rusher like a magnet and some were myself taking my eyes off the rush.

Am looking forward to how it will play out once I get used to the game and itīs mechanics again. The statline was very realistic the sacks not withstanding.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »