Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2018, 11:54 AM   #65
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seed Tick Alabama
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

CPU vs CPU guys have it made this release.
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2018, 11:58 AM   #66
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seed Tick Alabama
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Look guys, game plays more evenly if the user has control of the two coaches playing. Mash the right stick and create a new character but keep the original coach.
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:58 AM   #67
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2018
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

In terms of the overall rating of a team what do you guys think a big gap is versus a small or medium gap? For example, if one team is an 82 and another is a 77 is that considered a big gap? If the 77 wins is that a big upset?

What gap do you expect to win almost all the time versus what is within the range of being closely matched teams?
MarcSteve is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 12:01 PM   #68
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2018
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Look guys, game plays more evenly if the user has control of the two coaches playing. Mash the right stick and create a new character but keep the original coach.
Interesting. If there is only one human controlled team, who do you think is favored this year? Human or computer?

Also, can you create just one additional character and rotate that character between teams or do you need to create a new character and put them in charge of every single team on your schedule?
MarcSteve is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 12:05 PM   #69
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seed Tick Alabama
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSteve
Interesting. If there is only one human controlled team, who do you think is favored this year? Human or computer?

Also, can you create just one additional character and rotate that character between teams or do you need to create a new character and put them in charge of every single team on your schedule?
Each week do this for your opponent, then retire the character. Donít worry, it wonít fire Pete Carrol or whoever the character is. The CPU will simply take back control.

20-17 Jags 11:21 left in the 3
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 12:07 PM   #70
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seed Tick Alabama
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSteve
In terms of the overall rating of a team what do you guys think a big gap is versus a small or medium gap? For example, if one team is an 82 and another is a 77 is that considered a big gap? If the 77 wins is that a big upset?

What gap do you expect to win almost all the time versus what is within the range of being closely matched teams?
The average NFL game isnít close. The winning team wins by an 11-12 point average.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...erage-nfl-game

This link is from a 2014 i think. So some averages have changed. This is the best data on averages I can find.
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 12:24 PM   #71
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2018
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Each week do this for your opponent, then retire the character. Donít worry, it wonít fire Pete Carrol or whoever the character is. The CPU will simply take back control.

20-17 Jags 11:21 left in the 3
Hasnít the concern in the past always been that the human team is given an advantage? If that is the case, I feel pretty confident in saying that is not the case in this game. Iím just trying to figure out how necessary it is to make sure the game is human versus human because Iím definitely not questioning if the human has an advantage. If anything, I have a concern that the human might have a disadvantage.
MarcSteve is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2018, 12:41 PM   #72
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seed Tick Alabama
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSteve
Hasn’t the concern in the past always been that the human team is given an advantage? If that is the case, I feel pretty confident in saying that is not the case in this game. I’m just trying to figure out how necessary it is to make sure the game is human versus human because I’m definitely not questioning if the human has an advantage. If anything, I have a concern that the human might have a disadvantage.
In years past, the human was at both a bad advantage and a good advantage. The past games had too much momentum going on under the hood. You’d see a team have 3 quick turnovers that results in scores for the opposing team. Stats would be close, but the score wouldn’t reflect it because of those crazy momentum swings that looked more like NCAA style ball than NFL.

This year things seem even.

Week 1 I controlled the Pats they won by 11 over Texans and they just beat the Jags by 17.

Only 2 picks, both by Bortles in that game. Week 2 picks didn’t seem as bad. Still havent seen a fumble though. Also may see if the kickoff slider works. Not enough touchbacks and there’s tons of short kicks that give the return team good field position.

So far these seem pretty good. Especially this early in the release with no player edits. Not gonna tweak much now. Just want to enjoy it.
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 PM.

Top -