Home

Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2018, 11:54 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

CPU vs CPU guys have it made this release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2018, 11:58 AM   #66
MVP

Look guys, game plays more evenly if the user has control of the two coaches playing. Mash the right stick and create a new character but keep the original coach.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:58 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

In terms of the overall rating of a team what do you guys think a big gap is versus a small or medium gap? For example, if one team is an 82 and another is a 77 is that considered a big gap? If the 77 wins is that a big upset?

What gap do you expect to win almost all the time versus what is within the range of being closely matched teams?
Old 08-12-2018, 12:01 PM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Look guys, game plays more evenly if the user has control of the two coaches playing. Mash the right stick and create a new character but keep the original coach.
Interesting. If there is only one human controlled team, who do you think is favored this year? Human or computer?

Also, can you create just one additional character and rotate that character between teams or do you need to create a new character and put them in charge of every single team on your schedule?
Old 08-12-2018, 12:05 PM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSteve
Interesting. If there is only one human controlled team, who do you think is favored this year? Human or computer?

Also, can you create just one additional character and rotate that character between teams or do you need to create a new character and put them in charge of every single team on your schedule?
Each week do this for your opponent, then retire the character. Don’t worry, it won’t fire Pete Carrol or whoever the character is. The CPU will simply take back control.

20-17 Jags 11:21 left in the 3
Old 08-12-2018, 12:07 PM   #70
MVP

Quote:
In terms of the overall rating of a team what do you guys think a big gap is versus a small or medium gap? For example, if one team is an 82 and another is a 77 is that considered a big gap? If the 77 wins is that a big upset?

What gap do you expect to win almost all the time versus what is within the range of being closely matched teams?
The average NFL game isn’t close. The winning team wins by an 11-12 point average.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...erage-nfl-game

This link is from a 2014 i think. So some averages have changed. This is the best data on averages I can find.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:24 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Each week do this for your opponent, then retire the character. Don’t worry, it won’t fire Pete Carrol or whoever the character is. The CPU will simply take back control.

20-17 Jags 11:21 left in the 3
Hasn’t the concern in the past always been that the human team is given an advantage? If that is the case, I feel pretty confident in saying that is not the case in this game. I’m just trying to figure out how necessary it is to make sure the game is human versus human because I’m definitely not questioning if the human has an advantage. If anything, I have a concern that the human might have a disadvantage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2018, 12:41 PM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Hasn’t the concern in the past always been that the human team is given an advantage? If that is the case, I feel pretty confident in saying that is not the case in this game. I’m just trying to figure out how necessary it is to make sure the game is human versus human because I’m definitely not questioning if the human has an advantage. If anything, I have a concern that the human might have a disadvantage.
In years past, the human was at both a bad advantage and a good advantage. The past games had too much momentum going on under the hood. You’d see a team have 3 quick turnovers that results in scores for the opposing team. Stats would be close, but the score wouldn’t reflect it because of those crazy momentum swings that looked more like NCAA style ball than NFL.

This year things seem even.

Week 1 I controlled the Pats they won by 11 over Texans and they just beat the Jags by 17.

Only 2 picks, both by Bortles in that game. Week 2 picks didn’t seem as bad. Still havent seen a fumble though. Also may see if the kickoff slider works. Not enough touchbacks and there’s tons of short kicks that give the return team good field position.

So far these seem pretty good. Especially this early in the release with no player edits. Not gonna tweak much now. Just want to enjoy it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »