Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-01-2019, 09:24 AM   #73
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Wait, do people actually use L1? I've never touched it and it never occurred to me that people would use it.

I might have my first ever house rule for the slider thread if that's the case.

I dont even know what L1 does lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-01-2019, 09:30 AM   #74
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222

Nor do I, so not sure what he's getting at there. I'm a hold L2 guy for strafe.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:39 AM   #75
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222

Defensive assist. It basically causes the defenders to swarm to the ball. It is very imbalancing on defense.

Side note bucknut: I played a bit vs the Browns defense last night....they are crazy good....I’m not shocked now at what you’re seeing.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 08-01-2019 at 09:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2019, 09:55 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 6

Josh did you postpone the franchise kick off?
Old 08-01-2019, 10:03 AM   #77
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCBasketball
I went crazy and went Pro default. Seems nuts, but I am seeing decent stuff there and don’t feel cheated. First CPU pass was a long ball and the best long ball I have seen in 4 days.

My whole goal is to not feel cheated and play to ratings, hint why I go pro in 2K off Armors. It’s the most fun game I have had and I have played all day. When stuff happens I didn’t feel cheated. I feel All Pro default CPU is at such an advantage unless we find the right slider mix. Keep working because would have normally given up on the game, so testing pro default shows I want to make it work.
I used to make my sliders for this game on pro for this very reason..... But it just became too hard to get proper balance and challenge

https://www.youtube.com/user/schnaidt1

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 08-01-2019, 10:18 AM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
I used to make my sliders for this game on pro for this very reason..... But it just became too hard to get proper balance and challenge

https://www.youtube.com/user/schnaidt1
Josh is onto something at AP keeping things at default. The issue is EA needs to tighten up zones or no matter what you do your in trouble

Only issue with pro is CPU losses Aggression at times, but other than that it feels good. This is my test CFM, so I may go back to AP after my current game to test the difference I see
Old 08-01-2019, 10:26 AM   #79
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Defensive assist. It basically causes the defenders to swarm to the ball. It is very imbalancing on defense.

Side note bucknut: I played a bit vs the Browns defense last night....they are crazy good....I’m not shocked now at what you’re seeing.

That’s not what it does at all actually. It literally just controls your player that you’re usering and makes the CPU control him. Nothing more.

Old 08-01-2019, 10:30 AM   #80
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Quote:
Did some streaming last night with some test games. We DID encounter a couple of bugs, which I am going to try to capture vids of to send off to EA.

Guys....I CANNOT stress this enough - ratings REALLY matter. Let me say that again. Ratings REALLY matter! I've played as and vs a number of teams - you can really see/feel the difference and this is BY FAR the most important thing to me personally. I'm diving into my 'real' franchise tonight and am beginning my 3-4 season run before making any further changes to the set (of course, barring some major issues).

10 other random thoughts:

1. God this game is fun!!!!
2. All Pro feels really good to me - I'm disinclined to move up to AM....I just don't think it's needed.
3. Right now, I prefer the gameplay with RTP at 51. I can't quite put my finger on it just yet, but it just feels better to me. There WILL be weird RTP calls with the slider at 51 (e.g. QB gets barely grazed) but I want to give it more time.
4. I have not seen an issue with too many facemask calls. A lot of it will depend on how well you square-up your tackles (strafe is your friend this year).
5. Fumbles are NOT an issue - people need to stop whining! You have to be smart when running. If you have a defender with the enforcer trait bearing-down on you, DO NOT try to make moves - cover up the ball or get out of bounds. Use the conservative ball carrying coach adjustment in key situations. Be extra careful in rainy games. I've not seen CPU fumbles as an issue either. There will be variety here based on matchups and weather conditions.
6. Coverage does have some wonky issues and I am NOT going to spend weeks trying to 'fix' them with sliders only to have a patch fix it and leave us spending weeks reverting back. This setup does mitigate a lot of those issues - it's way better than pure default.
7. X-factors have a chance to put up some pretty crazy stats from time-to-time. You know what? I really don't care about stats (I never really have). I WANT great players to stand out and take over games. I want to have to THINK about how I am approaching things and make adjustments. If you're blessed to have a couple of Superstars on your team, enjoy them!
8. The CPU WILL adjust to what is working/not working for them on both sides of the ball. You have to adjust as well...there IS a cat-and-mouse game here.
9. Pay attention to individual ratings....do not build your depth chart based solely on who has the highest overall. Look at matchups closely because the CPU can and will burn you. Oh, and for those of you who do "no switch" or whatever, stop it. Give yourself a chance to screw up....the CPU CAN juke you and 'usering' is much more realistic than before.
10. Remember, Year 1 of a franchise always plays worse than any other season. So, this is 'rock-bottom'....remember that. Play through it!
Just wanted to say, this is one of the best posts I have ever read on OS lol...but all jokes aside, good stuff bro!

~Koosa10:27~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »