Home

Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2014, 05:43 PM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist

I don't know why you guys hate the XP system so much. It is much better than the extremely flawed potential system. A C rating player is useless since they will never get above 80. The XP system is more about statistics and less about a potential rating which is the way it should be. Anyway onto my 3 important suggestions.

1. Make season/team goals better for lower rated players. I shouldn't have young guys having impossible goals to get full XP.

2. Let us choose who goes to block punts and cover punts. There's nothing worse than seeing your highest rated LB's tackling the returner.

3. Fix assisted tackles. I'd like to see one of my linebackers getting above 100 tackles in a season.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #138
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1

We need the ability to match up players. I hate spending extra in free agency or in trades to pick up great CBs, only to have Calvin beat my second CB or the nickel back in the slot.

Along with this, we need to have more options on defense. I either need specific plays or packages for a true "island" level CB. If I have Joe Haden, I want him covering the #1 in Man almost all game. I want a man/zone defense that leaves my #1 CB in man and leaves a safety free. I can user that safety if I have to, but I want some sort of complex defensive options that let me use my best players. Maybe leave it as an option after the play... like Coverage audible> left side>select player> island. It would shift any zone away from the WR and leave the CB to do his work.

A must to go along with this: WR - CB interaction. Let the Man and Press ratings show up here along with beat press/route running for the WR. Let it become a fight for the ball. 2 players in the mid-90s should fight for the ball. If there is a big difference or both are bad, that's where you get a bigger chance for pass interference.

I want route running to actually mean route running. I want bad receivers to take longer out of breaks and be in bad position. I want awareness to factor into how well they do on option routes and to have a higher chance of a wrong route or false start. This should also affect the reaction time/adjustment on longer passes.

Aside from these, we need accuracy to affect ball placement more than anything, kinda like MLB pitcher ratings. Accuracy above 90 should put the ball within a 1 or 2 - yard window most of the time. 80s should put it in a 2-4 yard window. 70s should be able to place it within 5 yards. Raising accuracy would affect these windows. Or better yet, change the accuracy rating to a yardage window (definitely wouldn't happen).

Also, change the way lead passing works. Make the left/right place the ball at different spots on the route and up/down dictate the placement. A receiver on a crossing route hit with a low placed pass should catch the ball going to the ground, not adjusting like some superhuman to stay in stride. On streaks, up/down controls route spot while left/right should only determine which shoulder it is place on.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:11 PM   #139
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

Another point, change the goals system. My "receiving" back should have total yards as a goal, not just rushing yards. If he has 1050 rushing yards and 65 catches, he shouldn't be punished because I actually utilized his skills. Along with this, QBs should really have completion % and lack of turnovers as his goal. It's good that he had 4000+ yards or 30+ TDs. It doesn't look good with 15+ INTs, though.

Also, why does my 3rd string receiver expect the same type of work as my starters?
Old 01-02-2014, 02:36 PM   #140
Rookie

I'd like to see Restricted/Unrestricted Free Agents.

This was in the game a few years ago and I really liked it.

If I have a RFA and another team wants to sign him, they are going to have to give me a draft pick. And vice-versa.

People have suggested having an OC and a DC, but I'd like to have even more than that. Wouldn't it be cool to have a whole staff?

For example: Along with being able to hire an OC and DC, I want the ability to hire a QB coach, O-line coach, D-line coach, and every other position that calls for a coach. Each coach can have a bonus of some kind along with some sort of negative. Say my QB coach gives +3 THP but he has -3 Play Action or something like that. There should always be some sort of check and balance.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:44 AM   #141
Rookie

#1TACKLING! more low wrap up tackles. no more cb and safeties hitting like ray lewis. more struggle animations. every tackle in madden 25 is a decapitation. watch any football game coming up and see how many kill shots you see. good linebackers go for the legs or the sure wrap up. i've yet to see a middle lb meet a rb in the hole and wwe style body block him 2 yards back in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2014, 03:59 PM   #142
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I haven't played M25 and I will probably wait until 15 comes out before I decide if I'm going to get it. I would love if they improved on somethings: 1. Presentation- Make it like what I watch on tv on Sundays. 2. More emotion- NBA2k14 did a great job with this and it would be nice if Madden also did this. 3. Score ticker during your game- It feels like you're the only one playing it would be nice to see other teams scores and would immerse you into the game even more. 4. Realistic injuries- There should be off ball injures and OL should also get injured. 5. Dynamic weather- It would be nice if your game started out cloudy and then later on it started to rain. 6. Smarter A.I.- This goes for off and on the field(trading logic, roster moves, drafting players). 7. Better ignite engine- Make everything more fluid. 8. More equipment- Cleats, gloves, knee braces, and mouth pieces. 9. Weekly wrap up shows and a half time show. 10. At least one more broadcast team. 11. Better player models.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Last edited by Cowboy008; 01-05-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:37 PM   #143
MVP

OVR: 15

It ALL starts with a UNIVERSAL Locomotion system which applies to all 22 players on the field. EVERY player should have weight, momentum, foot planting, and acceleration/de-celeration factored into every movement.

No more warping, shifting, skating, and animation frame skips.

It would also be nice if they would finally re-vamp the running animations. There should be a ton of different running animations and running forms depending on height/weight and overall build of the player.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:41 AM   #144
Just started!

mollo29's Arena

These may have been mentioned before but i think that a player like Peyton Manning should be able to audible from formation to formation while players that have less experience and lower game management ability to only be able to audible within the formation.

Also there needs to be mistakes on offense like miscommunications between qbs and receivers. And more option routes for receivers like whether to run a curl or run a slant etc...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »