Home

Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2016, 01:35 PM   #145
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2j469
Bug (Be Specific):No kickers or punters available in 2017 Draft, however after the draft there were rookies at both positions available as free agents.

Game Mode Experienced In: CFM

Can you reproduce it? How?: It only happened for the 2017 Draft, the following year there was 3 kickers and punters available in the Draft.
That is not a bug/glitch. Recall someone from EA saying that kinda of thing was actually put in the game last year. Willing for someone to say I'm wrong on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 01:42 PM   #146
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WackZ1LLA
Check your Practice Squad. I thought this happened to me, but they were on my practice squad which you can sign to your active squad if you want to.
This was occuring before i was able to put people in my practice squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav3rek7
Also, something that I think is throwing people off, and it threw me off too, when you go into Free Agents, by default it does not show everyone, it only shows the Top 100. You have to change to the position of the guy you are looking for, and they will probably be in there.

For instance, Taylor Mays is a free agent. However, if you look for him in the free agent list when you first bring it up, he won't be in there because he is not in the top 100 free agents. If you switch to SS, then you will find him listed.

This really confused me at first. Now I know where all the missing players I was looking for are.
So what happened to me was i went into big decisions for my player cuts, i cut only 2 out of the 4 i was told to cut for that week and backed out. I went into roster in spreadsheet form and realized the cpu made some cuts for me. I did however find those guys in free agency that i wanted to put in my practice squad that the cpu randomly cut. Mav3rek7 is right adjust the filter from top 100 and you should find those that were cut from by the cpu.

But this is definitely an issue, I'm running on PS4. Workaround for now is to just re-sign those you want back after you make cuts, look in your transaction screen and you should see who the cpu cut.

Last edited by iFnotWhyNoT; 08-24-2016 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:15 PM   #147
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
me three.

started and simmer a CFM with no training issues. went back and started another CFM and this issue popped up.

gonna try deleting the "auto-save" files and see if that works.

- - -

UPDATE: NO, DELETING THE "AUTO-SAVE" FILES DOES NOT FIX.

given there was no problem on my first CFM, this is kinda annoying. it has basically ground my CFM to a halt.

- - -

UPDATE 2: GOT IT WORKING - SOMEHOW.

deleted all of my saved CFM files, including the auto-saves. started a new CFM. didn't do anything else before training. didn't even re-order the depth chart. just started the training without changing anything. it worked.

Then I would guess it's not just auto saves but multiple saves period (more than one CFM save file of any type). I can't play til this weekend, but I'll try to test it out if nobody else gets to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 08-24-2016, 02:32 PM   #148
Rookie

Mav3rek7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFnotWhyNoT
This was occuring before i was able to put people in my practice squad.

So what happened to me was i went into big decisions for my player cuts, i cut only 2 out of the 4 i was told to cut for that week and backed out. I went into roster in spreadsheet form and realized the cpu made some cuts for me. I did however find those guys in free agency that i wanted to put in my practice squad that the cpu randomly cut. Mav3rek7 is right adjust the filter from top 100 and you should find those that were cut from by the cpu.

But this is definitely an issue, I'm running on PS4. Workaround for now is to just re-sign those you want back after you make cuts, look in your transaction screen and you should see who the cpu cut.
Question, when you setup your franchise, did you turn off the CPU roster decisions? (I can't remember the exact names) I know one was "Auto-Fill Roster" or something like that. Maybe one of those "auto-cut" players options was left to CPU control, or turned on... hope that makes sense, lol.

** Edit ** nevermind, did some research and none of those options were for cpu cutting players from what I saw.

Last edited by Mav3rek7; 08-24-2016 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:35 PM   #149
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
Then I would guess it's not just auto saves but multiple saves period (more than one CFM save file of any type). I can't play til this weekend, but I'll try to test it out if nobody else gets to it.
that is a sensible conclusion. i've gone thru two training sessions now without issue.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:44 PM   #150
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by modog123
Bug (Be Specific): I keep calling for a replay challenge after plays. My runner or receiver will be tackled, and the routine for a coach challenge comes up and it says I'm challenging the spot of the ball. I don't know if there's a button I'm pressing accidently or if it's just glitching, but I lose both of my challenges and two timeouts almost immediately every game.

Game Mode Experienced In: I've just seen it in Play Now because I haven't started a Franchise yet.

Can you reproduce it? How?: It happens every game at some point.

Video/Picture of Bug (attach to post or link to media):

This might be related to the bug I saw so I won't add it to the list.

My bug was that I called time out and instead got the "I challenged the call" commentary which I did not call for a challenge. All I did was press the time out button (PS4 Middle Button) due to game time running out in the 4th qtr. I lost an extra time out because of it.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:57 PM   #151
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Bug: if you don't have spot available on your team and try to sign a practice squad player the game encounters an error and quits.

Platforms4

Mode: CFM obviously

It happens every time.

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 03:03 PM   #152
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Bug - Custom PBs don't work in free pracrice within CFM. I downloaded an emptybook and filled it. When I entered practice only plays that were available were the 10 or so plays I started with. I quit and reentered, same thing happened.

PS4

Happens everytime

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »