Home

The fact that its almost October and we have no CFM Website or App is inexcusable

This is a discussion on The fact that its almost October and we have no CFM Website or App is inexcusable within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 12:53 PM   #41
Rookie

danchan22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The fact that its almost October and we have no CFM Website or App is inexcusable

It is INSANE that they killed the site without having the app ready. This would never happen with a MUT feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 01:17 PM   #42
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: The fact that its almost October and we have no CFM Website or App is inexcusable

Quote:
Originally Posted by danchan22
It is INSANE that they killed the site without having the app ready. This would never happen with a MUT feature.

Im pretty sure the reason for taking down the website has been cleared up in this thread and is somewhat understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
It's Austin but yeah.

In the GC sessions I participated in, half were with commishes of long-standing, large leagues. They are definitely a part of the process. It seriously has nothing to do with a lack of understanding or need. It's 100% an unexpected technical issue.
Well thanks for that info. Good to hear.Sometimes it feels like, the online cfm community requests seem to kinda fall on deaf ears, and not just talking about the app here. So im glad to hear at least there are about half in those sessions. Of the GC i know of , only a few play in online cfms, so that made me wonder really.

Looking forward to it being out so our league can go back to using DL and i can keep a better record on things going forward.Really hope it comes out before our first draft , so i can keep doing our draft breakdowns , like i did last year for all 10 of them we did.It just would take way to long to try to do on the console, but i can manage to do it on DL in about 20 minutes. Just one of the very many aspects where DL just makes it better!

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 09-29-2016, 01:21 PM   #43
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

I've said in the past that there are plenty of GCs who exist only to give feedback directly to the devs. Not all of us have channels or podcasts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2016, 01:29 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
I've said in the past that there are plenty of GCs who exist only to give feedback directly to the devs. Not all of us have channels or podcasts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
...And some of us with channels and podcasts aren't even game changers haha! Seriously though, the dev team gets a lot of feedback from a bunch of different sources. They have a good grasp of whats going on, even if sometimes they don't acknowledge that they heard you.....the normally do. Heck, Rex just pops into random streams and follows social media discussions about the game unsolicited to get a pulse form the community.

Last edited by T4VERTS; 09-29-2016 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:43 PM   #45
Rookie

RunRunPass's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Yeah, i mentioned that was prob the reason for it, as it was mentioned before by CMhoe , so i figured that was the case. Just seems that should have been thought of sooner in cycle.

My point of what i was saying about disconnect. I still dont think they have a good touch with what its like being in an online league , with 32 people , all over the country, not just an in house league.That is not the same thing.Dealing with 32 people, who dont really know one another, across the dif time zones, and are serious about CFM, not casual about it. I just would like to know the actual % of people that are GC, or their testers for CFM, who actually deal with , play in , commish online leagues that run more than 2 seasons.Because i just get the feeling, they are not fully in touch with what all that entails that well, because it seems like there isnt that many involved in the process compared to how many or more just offline guys, or not even cfm guys at all giving feedback.Maybe im wrong, thats why id love to see the data on that. And why i hope, with the playtesting thing they posted recently, i really hope they were picking more Online CFM people( as that was something it asked , how you play the mode).
Could I just say it's not just "all over the country". I am based in the UK and run a league where we have owners all over Europe - one as far east as Siberia.

But we are as ticked off as everyone else about the delay in getting Daddyleagues up and running. We've been around since Madden 10, and while we run our own website, we've used League Manager, XFM etc over the years. If memory services me right, league Manager shut down because EA changed their coding or something and meant the site could no longer draw data from EA. So EA has "form" on this before.

I hope it gets sorted out soon, because there were many features, like comparing players, updating XP and so on that you could do in a quiet moment at work rather than having to go on your PS when you got home.

I'd like to say I don't mind waiting - but of course I am as impatient as anyone for it to come out - if it does. The cynic in me says it won't happen. I remember one of the top guys at EA said some years ago when they scrapped the PC version of Madden after 08 that it would return. Anyone seen it? I haven't.

The delay of the launch of this app (not to mention the update patch) is disappointing enough, but what IS unacceptable is the fact that EA don't see fit to communicate and tell people what's going on and what the ETA is for these essential items to drop.
Discord: GBDawg1 #4708
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 03:56 PM   #46
Rookie

scoobyskyline3's Arena

Not to be a grouch. Having an ETA would be great, but honestly as a consumer the ETA would've probably have been best if it was before NBA2K17 came out with their new game (which is shockingly WAY better than expected) with attached app to go with it. Madden 16 came out of obscurity last year but my leagues arent captivating me as they were last year with daddyleagues as a homepage on my work computer i could see Madden playing 2nd fiddle to 2K with all these other great games coming out

Last edited by scoobyskyline3; 09-29-2016 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:42 PM   #47
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunRunPass
Could I just say it's not just "all over the country". I am based in the UK and run a league where we have owners all over Europe - one as far east as Siberia.

Yes , i didnt just mean ,US. We actually had an ower from UK last madden. My point was , spread out all over the place, in dif time zones. Which when trying to schedule games, throws a wrench in that working within it self sometimes. We have a guy in hawaii, who is 6 hours behind east coast time. It can create a challenge for guys to schedule games .Just many things missing without having DL working for us.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 10-02-2016, 08:10 PM   #48
Rookie

We need to keep pressing the issue and bugging ea sports and they'll have no choice to give in and give us what we want .

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »