Home

How many have already stopped playing m18?

This is a discussion on How many have already stopped playing m18? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2017, 02:17 PM   #185

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: How many have already stopped playing m18?

Still anxiously awaiting the statue QB fix. Can't play the game otherwise..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2017, 04:59 PM   #186
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
These outcomes don't even have to be random. That is actually what I hate.

Tie them into mechanics and strategies within the game. Educate the user so that they understand when they run primarily man coverages or press coverage with DB's that do not possess the proper skill set, these types of penalties happen.
I agree. Hence why "random" was in quotes. It would only seem random to those who want penalties always tied to direct user actions.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:12 AM   #187
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

I dusted off 360. started up ncaa 14, and having a blast in coach dynasty. I know graphics are not.up to current gen, but still is fun. Using Matts community sliders. Why oh Why Madden 18 cannot be fun anymore offline. I might dust off an older Madden as well that had good gameplay. Any suggestions?
Old 11-14-2017, 11:27 AM   #188
MVP

OVR: 0

Took my son to gamestop friday for his birthday. Found a copy of "the division" for 9.99 so i got me a present too. Think i am done with madden for the year. Overall, it was the best nfl football game this year as it was the only one. below average year with a few interesting additions for gameplay and a total lack of improvements to cfm. The continued decline of cpu qb play was the biggest disappointment. Target passing was a fail as it was not related to qb abilities. Coaching adjustments was this years best addition/readded feature. Frostbite added little to the game for me but may in the future.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:48 AM   #189
MVP

saintrules's Arena

OVR: 0

Traded in Madden 18 to GameStop, which is officially a record for me, seeing as I bought it in September.

What did I like?

- Graphics were solid. Some of the best visuals I have seen in a sports game. Animations & movements were great, sometimes clunky, but always looking good enough.

...yep, that's seriously IT for what I liked.

What did I not like?

- Atmosphere was pathetically dead. There is absolutely zero difference playing against the 1-15 Jets in Week 17 or playing in the Super Bowl...seriously. The stands are completely filled and you get the same sounding cheer when making a big play...no stadium shaking, no defense chants, no NOTHING! It's like the action on the field was completely disconnected from the stands

- Zero depth in CFM. There is no personality to players, coaches don't even exist, trades don't affect OVR at all, and worst of all, you still can't ADD DRAFT CLASSES. I had to spend hours editing each player to just make years 4+ enjoyable in my CFM without seeing every other QB with long blonde hair...pathetic.

- Gameplay is confusing & frustrating. I could go on for days, but the best example is Marcus Mariota scrambling out of the pocket towards the line of scrimmage with 5-10 yards of green in front of him, only to throw at the last second to a receiver in tight man coverage 2 yards past the line...

Bought myself a 360 & NCAA 14 again, I'm done with this crap game.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:20 PM   #190
MVP

OVR: 18

I just traded my Madden 18. Unfortunately after several exhibition games, practice mode, and Longshot, the game didn't really do much to keep me coming back. Though this has been the case for the entire ps4/xbox one editions.

If I get that digital football itch, Madden 16 holds me down. It plays pretty well with Armor and Swords sliders.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:01 AM   #191
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I can't trade it in because it's a download. But after playing my cousin online and watching him spin and spin and keep getting yards spinning every time. I think I'll be staying away from Madden for another 10 years. It's not for football players lol. While I was trying to do different moves for each situation. The other thing at bother me. Was the suggested community plays. WTF is that? So someone can get the best plays that work. While I'm llooking at personal and formation. I know I can look at suggested plays myself. But that's got to be a buzz kill for someone who using the same few plays over and over.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2017, 11:05 AM   #192
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrules
Traded in Madden 18 to GameStop, which is officially a record for me, seeing as I bought it in September.

What did I like?

- Graphics were solid. Some of the best visuals I have seen in a sports game. Animations & movements were great, sometimes clunky, but always looking good enough.

...yep, that's seriously IT for what I liked.

What did I not like?

- Atmosphere was pathetically dead. There is absolutely zero difference playing against the 1-15 Jets in Week 17 or playing in the Super Bowl...seriously. The stands are completely filled and you get the same sounding cheer when making a big play...no stadium shaking, no defense chants, no NOTHING! It's like the action on the field was completely disconnected from the stands

- Zero depth in CFM. There is no personality to players, coaches don't even exist, trades don't affect OVR at all, and worst of all, you still can't ADD DRAFT CLASSES. I had to spend hours editing each player to just make years 4+ enjoyable in my CFM without seeing every other QB with long blonde hair...pathetic.

- Gameplay is confusing & frustrating. I could go on for days, but the best example is Marcus Mariota scrambling out of the pocket towards the line of scrimmage with 5-10 yards of green in front of him, only to throw at the last second to a receiver in tight man coverage 2 yards past the line...

Bought myself a 360 & NCAA 14 again, I'm done with this crap game.

The bold is sooooooo important. I haven't played Madden in almost 10 years. I got it this year because my brother wanted it (share games downloads). But I played a few games vs family remember and others. But last night I watch my cousin spin and spin and call the same few plays over. And even though I knew what was coming I couldn't stop it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »