Home

Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes, More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes, More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2018, 05:39 AM   #169
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
I'm hoping that you're wrong. For me personally, it adds virtually nothing of value. I just do not care. There are countless other things that I would have preferred that they spent time on.
Personally I'd have rather they had added an MLBTS style radio broadcast (not like the Tony Bruno scripted stuff) running through league scores and transactions to immerse me in my own league rather than just my own team. Then I could truly see it taking as much time as suggested here. I do like the pictures idea but would rather see that as the backdrop to a magazine cover like ESPN The Magazine, headlining what happened in my league that week. It's not like EA doesn't have any rights to any ESPN properties is it?

Last edited by RogerDodger; 06-12-2018 at 05:41 AM.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:45 AM   #170
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes,

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
A potential max to limit players progression. We all have potential limits.

A coaching staff with training attributes (for different aspects of football).
A training schedule (team and individual)
A work ethic modifier
Mentors in a players position
Injuries or lack of.
All kinds of things can be part of this. Add what you think would be valid.

I would also have both actual and perceived ratings (actual ratings would be hidden). With both coaches and scouting staffs having evaluation ratings. The longer a player is on your team and the better the evaluation ratings the more accurate the perceived ratings would be to the actual ratings.

Do the same kind of thing for rookie drafting. The better your scouting staff the more accurate the perceived ratings are for evaluating draft prospects.

There are all kinds of things one could do to make CFM be more realistic.

What aspects of football would require training modifiers. Is there a finite quantifiable list?

How does work ethic differ from the development trait?

What qualifies someone as a mentor and how is the skill earned. What does it develop? Given regression, how many teams would have a mentor? Could someone not load up on mentors, bench them, then disproportionately develop players?

I’m loving the idea of actual vs apparent ratings. Good one. Better than the ?? Ratings of old and closer to what FIFA does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 06-12-2018, 07:55 AM   #171
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

They're apparently still giving us more details for this year's game this week, so there could be some nice surprises, but I'm not holding my breath. Some things that would be at the top of my list include:

-Hiring and firing of the GM and scouts with meaningful benefits and consequences.

-A larger coaching staff. OC, DC, ST, and position coaches. If they cant get the real coaches, then I'm just fine with fictional ones. Meaningful short and long term benefits. The coaches should need to fit well with the HC or else have consequences. Working together for several years should have a positive effect. A coaching carosel every offseason would be amazing. Being a team who's coaches get promoted to other teams would make you more appealing as a destination. Retired players could transition to coaching. (much of this used to be in the game, back in the day)

-Restricted Free Agents and Fifth Year Options.

-Contract renegotiations for guys before they're in the final year of their deal.

-Interactions with player agents for things like free agency, extensions, pay cuts, holdouts. Developing a positive relationship with an agent could lead to better deals or free agents coming to the team. A bad relationship would lead to trouble signing his guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 09:15 AM   #172
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

We also are missing factors as to why guys sign as FAs in certain places, long-term injury effects. So much of the actual sport is not even accounted for by EA. They on the field stuff is average in terms of representation, but team building isn't even touched. The week to week stuff of having active vs. inactive players, managing practice time, scouting tendencies, real game planning, weather impacts, differences in rookie vs. veteran players, off season stuff, etc just flat out don't exist.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:28 AM   #173
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
We also are missing factors as to why guys sign as FAs in certain places, long-term injury effects. So much of the actual sport is not even accounted for by EA. They on the field stuff is average in terms of representation, but team building isn't even touched. The week to week stuff of having active vs. inactive players, managing practice time, scouting tendencies, real game planning, weather impacts, differences in rookie vs. veteran players, off season stuff, etc just flat out don't exist.
Retweet.

The game is very surface level & soft, it fails to truly represent the nature and business that is the NFL. After running two 10+ year CFM's, it became so stale and boring because the vast majority of the game is just rinse and repeat.

I consistently watched things happen that were so far off from real life that it made it infuriating to play. Players who have been loyal to their franchises (Drew Brees, Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Von Miller, etc), pack up and leave for some ridiculous 1 year deal with the Jets/Ravens/Dolphins. I would see teams sign or draft completely off their needs during the offseason, including drafting THREE QB's in one season. Players with season ending injuries would have absolutely zero ramifications, especially when they would tear an ACL as a HB or break their ARM as a QB. One of the worst parts about it is that every team felt the same to play against, there wasn't a difference in competition, only the names on the screen.

Every single year feels disconnected from the last and completely separate from the future. I don't understand how they cannot create a game that is fluid and builds off itself...it's 20 freaking 18.

Last edited by saintrules; 06-12-2018 at 09:31 AM.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:29 AM   #174
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
What aspects of football would require training modifiers. Is there a finite quantifiable list?

What qualifies someone as a mentor and how is the skill earned. What does it develop? Given regression, how many teams would have a mentor? Could someone not load up on mentors, bench them, then disproportionately develop players?

I’m loving the idea of actual vs apparent ratings. Good one. Better than the ?? Ratings of old and closer to what FIFA does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There isn't a finite list, but that is no reason to not include modifiers. Other games do it, their lists aren't perfect, but it is much better to have them there than not like in Madden.

I can see how they are somewhat the same thing, but work ethic doesn't just include how well they progress as a player. It can also be how much more likely they are to recover from significant injury, how likely they are to learn a scheme were that to be represented in game, etc.

Most other games also have limits to how much can be modified. That's easily something EA can set and also have a setting for us to customize to our likings also.

I'd like to reply with something more in depth, but typing from a phone is not idea, haha.

― Plato
Old 06-12-2018, 10:01 AM   #175
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
So a lot of what I was afraid of is here. There's one archetype per position. So, yanno, screw the Saints and Falcons backfields. Screw the 49ers receiving corps with their route runner split end, speed flanker, and agile slot receiver.

Simplistic, punishing users for being innovating by locking them into "schemes" that aren't really that at all. I'm not particularly liking any of this.

Same way I feel. Seems a lot more simplistic and restrictive. Moreso than past iterations. A good coach should be molding their schemes to their players. Not the other way around.

The changes to draft classes will be great. But there is simply not enough happening in CFM to peak my interest in M19. I'll wait for the next one after the hopefully solve a lot of the issues that are going to plague M19.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 10:41 AM   #176
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:

What aspects of football would require training modifiers? Progression. The ability of each coach on your coaching staff from HC to position coaches to teach.

Quote:

A work ethic Rating would have more variance. But the big difference would be dev trait is a modifier off of game and season goals, goals in drills. Which is stats driving development. Work ethic would be a modifier that works with the other modifiers to calculate progression. Then progression drives performance.

Quote:
What qualifies someone as a mentor and how is the skill earned.
It could be implemented as a rating or trait that kicks in after X years. You're getting into implementation questions.

Quote:
What does it develop?
It would mostly help develop younger players at the same position.

Quote:
Given regression, how many teams would have a mentor?
Any teams that can find one at the position(s) the team feels a mentor would help. Mentors wouldn't benefit a veteran team. But they would benefit a younger team. But only in the positions you can find a mentor.

Quote:
Could someone not load up on mentors, bench them, then disproportionately develop players?
I suppose if you can find that many available with that high of a mentor rating. But for every older player you keep, that's one less younger player to develop.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »