Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2014, 04:28 PM   #4033
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Just picked up P&R Maestro on my PG and I'm wondering if the bonus points to shooting also apply to 3 point shots? Obviously it's a bit too late to cry now even if it didn't, but still would be nice to know...
Old 03-04-2014, 05:38 PM   #4034
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdrunner
SG. I just had a sit down with the GM and he told me they are about ready to start me, not quite yet tho. I also had a guy on the plane come up and tell me he thinks I will be taking his starting job soon. Odd thing is, he hasn't started all season either.
Something similar happened to me. The gm called me in and said coach was ready to start me but the gm told coach to wait. I got angry and we argued. Then next away game Evan Turner comes up to me on the plain (not sure why him since i am a pg) and thinks I will take his spot soon. After that game I am traded.

Played my first game as a starter for the hawks. Managed somehow to get 5 assists with my 34 points and 3 rebounds. It is so frustrating playing with the hawks. Seems like it's me and 4 statues on the court.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:48 PM   #4035
Rookie

OVR: 4

Well I'm 25 games into my first season with my 6'1 PG for the Bucks. We're currently sitting at 15-10. I'm a 78 OVR and averaging 19 & 8 on 55% shooting. I'm hoping to start soon seeing as how I'm the highest rated PG on the roster but from what you guys are saying, it looks like its going to be a while before that happens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2014, 07:36 PM   #4036
Banned

Rdrunner's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm not really sure what the GM expects from me. After 18 consecutive games of 20+ points, 9 of those with 30+ points, he said the coach wanted to put me in the starting lineup but he (the GM) told him to wait a few more games to see how I do. What?

I lead the team in scoring (23.6) and am 6th in the league in scoring after 68 games. What else does the GM need to see? Go figure. Maybe I shouldn't be so agreeable in the sit downs, but I don't want to end off getting traded either since the team is playing great (40-28).

Since when does the GM determine the lineups?
Old 03-04-2014, 07:51 PM   #4037
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblack228
Well I'm 25 games into my first season with my 6'1 PG for the Bucks. We're currently sitting at 15-10. I'm a 78 OVR and averaging 19 & 8 on 55% shooting. I'm hoping to start soon seeing as how I'm the highest rated PG on the roster but from what you guys are saying, it looks like its going to be a while before that happens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Well I started after 33 games I think. Most people I know, started around game 30 but I've seen a lot of people on here saying how it takes them 60 or so games. I know your overall doesn't matter but I know it takes longer if you ask for a trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2014, 08:21 PM   #4038
Banned

Rdrunner's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
Well I started after 33 games I think. Most people I know, started around game 30 ................

That's why I'm confused. Lillard went out injured and instead of putting me in as the starter they put in Crabbe who has averaged 7 mins and 2 points a game for the season, and he has shown why he should start while I haven't? They traded Matthews early in the season and have had Mo Williams on the trading block all season, tho he has been starting all along. Batum has been injured for a while now and they have had me playing SF some. Barton was waived early in the season.

Weird tho, lately they have been putting all 6'5", 200 lb me into the PF slot at times. I get beat up there.

The asst coach tells me how all the players respect me and he's heard how well I get along with the team. The head coach keeps telling me how I am stepping it up every time I get called into his office. At this point I have no idea what is going on.

Must be that I have never given an attitude to the GM during a sit down. Well, maybe I can get the 6th man award, if they have one.

Last edited by Rdrunner; 03-04-2014 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:03 AM   #4039
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdrunner
That's why I'm confused. Lillard went out injured and instead of putting me in as the starter they put in Crabbe who has averaged 7 mins and 2 points a game for the season, and he has shown why he should start while I haven't? They traded Matthews early in the season and have had Mo Williams on the trading block all season, tho he has been starting all along. Batum has been injured for a while now and they have had me playing SF some. Barton was waived early in the season.

Weird tho, lately they have been putting all 6'5", 200 lb me into the PF slot at times. I get beat up there.

The asst coach tells me how all the players respect me and he's heard how well I get along with the team. The head coach keeps telling me how I am stepping it up every time I get called into his office. At this point I have no idea what is going on.

Must be that I have never given an attitude to the GM during a sit down. Well, maybe I can get the 6th man award, if they have one.

Yea Idk about your situation. I know you won't get into the starting lineup because of teammate injuries. If you're getting those cutscenes you should be starting soon though.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:25 AM   #4040
MVP

Well, damn. I was up 3-1 on the Heat in the ECF, aaaand now we're tied with game 7 in Miami. **** lol. These guys are so damn cheesy in this game tho.
I hate to say it but it did feel very scripted. I hate to think about sports games feeling like they run on a script but some of Miami runs were just insane. Hopefully I can just win this next game.
Also for some reason I can't hit threes anymore. I've hit 1-16 over the last four games, at one point missing 14 straight. I don't take bad 3s and I shot 40 in the season and the first two rounds of the playoffs. I don't expect to make all of them, but 14 straight? Damn. Just have to stick through it, I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »