Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2014, 01:11 PM   #4001
Rookie

AZSYankee_24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
I'm in my first season with the Sixers in the ECF vs the Heat. Same position but I'm an overall 86. I had a similar experience during the regular season but in the playoffs our inside D has been crazy good and Thad Young is dropping 19&8 a game. ET has been inconsistent but can drop 20 once in a while as well as Noel.
I was thinking the same as you about sticking through it and I'm glad i did because we are pretty good right now and I'm still excited to see who we can get in the offseason. I'll post who I get during the offseason to give you an idea of who you might get. I'm just hoping we get some more shooters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For me Thad Young can't hit a inside shot to save his life lol, but Jason Richardson, before I toke his job, was on point anytime he had the ball and I could rely on Turner when he's open. But Noel is an monster on the inside offense. He can sink almost anything, I mean his defense isn't quite there yet but his offense is very good. And to be honest my team would be lucky to make the playoffs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2014, 02:53 PM   #4002
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSYankee_24
For me Thad Young can't hit a inside shot to save his life lol, but Jason Richardson, before I toke his job, was on point anytime he had the ball and I could rely on Turner when he's open. But Noel is an monster on the inside offense. He can sink almost anything, I mean his defense isn't quite there yet but his offense is very good. And to be honest my team would be lucky to make the playoffs.

Yup that's pretty much how my season went lol. Thad was terrible in the regular season but he's hitting 60% of his shots now. I didn't think I was gonna make the playoffs either but we finished the season on 9-1 to get 46-36 and the sixth seed.
The biggest reason we've been doing better I think is because I got on court coach. The play calls still don't work well but you can change the offense to 3 out-2 in, which will Thad from standing on the perimeter.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:18 PM   #4003
Just started!

I had a similar problem. I tied it up with .5 seconds left and won by 3 in overtime but still got scolded by the coach and got reduced minutes. So dumb
Old 03-01-2014, 04:02 PM   #4004
Rookie

AZSYankee_24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
Yup that's pretty much how my season went lol. Thad was terrible in the regular season but he's hitting 60% of his shots now. I didn't think I was gonna make the playoffs either but we finished the season on 9-1 to get 46-36 and the sixth seed.
The biggest reason we've been doing better I think is because I got on court coach. The play calls still don't work well but you can change the offense to 3 out-2 in, which will Thad from standing on the perimeter.

I'll definitely try that see if that works...
Old 03-01-2014, 04:10 PM   #4005
Rookie

You never get an opportunity to change from Nike to Adidas/Jordan after multiple seasons, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2014, 10:23 PM   #4006
Pro

j3nkins29's Arena

OVR: 5

Man the trade logic in this game...I am on the Cavs and looked at the transactions. We traded Jarret Jack to the Miami Heat for Mario Chalmers and Norris Cole. This trade makes on sense for either team. Miami would never trade them both and why did we bring in two point guards when we have Kyrie. Hopefully this will be improved in NBA 2k15.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:34 AM   #4007
Banned

Rdrunner's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by meekrab
I had a similar problem. I tied it up with .5 seconds left and won by 3 in overtime but still got scolded by the coach and got reduced minutes. So dumb
I'm a shooting guard. I had a game where I had 32 points (leading both teams), 4 assists, 3 rebounds, 2 blocks and 2 steals and after the game the coach reduced my minutes due to my poor performance. ??????

Might mention also that as a team we only had 77 points that game. Seems to me I was the MVP that game for the losing team. Think the coach was smokin' something.

Last edited by Rdrunner; 03-02-2014 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:21 AM   #4008
Rookie

I'm in my second season now and my player's feeling got worse every game. It was Satisfied for the entire first season and it went from there to anxious and now it's always upset or heated or frustrated. I haven't done anything to warrant this. I always answer the gm with everything's fine and everything has really been fine. Has this happened to anyone else? Am I getting traded even if I didn't request one? Does this make my player worse on the court? Is this a bug? Sorry for the barrage of questions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »