Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2011, 08:03 AM   #1321
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

I went back and had another game on PRO and reminded myself of why I have a love/hate relationship with this game now lol.

All star = amazing cpu play and really competitive which i love, but freaking robotic cpu due to a ridiculous hard coding by 2k

pro = too easy. granted, the cpu can put up a challenge and yes you can lose some games, but it has the whole 'run and gun, no need to take every possession seriously' feel which I hate......

today I beat hornets by 16 with celtics, I shot about a 10% better FG%, had about 4 more blocks than I averaged on All Star and of course shot ridiculously well coz they would need to be turned down.....which i hated lol.

I wish I wasn't such a sim head OCD gamer, otherwise I would just play pro and be happy thinking I'm awesome lol.......

I'm sticking to All Star until I get to the point where I throw my controller :P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2011, 08:56 AM   #1322
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm so ashamed lol, I rage quit againt the Twolves....they jumped out to a 28 to 7 lead??? THE FREAKING TWOLVES?? lol...maaaannnnn....maybe I just stop playing since I can't be pleased lol
Old 01-23-2011, 11:22 AM   #1323
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabby21
I'm so ashamed lol, I rage quit againt the Twolves....they jumped out to a 28 to 7 lead??? THE FREAKING TWOLVES?? lol...maaaannnnn....maybe I just stop playing since I can't be pleased lol
They did start a game against the Knicks this year IRL by making 14/15 FGs lol. Impossible is nothing!

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 01-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #1324
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewing6
Played the Lakers again this time in Washington. I lost 118-107. They outscored me by 9 in the 2nd quarter, but only 2 total the other 3 quarters combined so maybe thats a good sign. I cut the lead down to 7 a few times, but everytime I got close they made shots.

Lakers/Wiz
Field Goals: 46-82(56%)/37-74(50%)
3'S: 8-20(40%)/7-18(33%)
Free throws: 18-25(72%)/26-32(81%)
assists: 21/20
turnovers: 11/14
rebounds: 38(4 off.)/31(7 off.)
steals: 10/6
Blocks: 2/10
PIP: 48/44
bench: 28/30
2nd chance: 6/4
fast break 6/10

Key Players:
Gasol 25 points 7 broads 2 steals 1 block
Odom 18 points 6 broads 5 assists
Artest 18 points 8 broads 5 assists
Fisher 18 points 3 steals

Wall 28 points 4 broads 11 assists 2 steals 7 TOS
Young 20 points 8-18 from the field 4-9 from 3
Blatche 17 points 5 broads

I am now 12-11 tied for 6th in a tight east(only 1.5 behind the Heat) Got the Nets at home next then I go to play the Heat. I think Im going to need to get a better 2nd option for Wall as Blatche is too inconsitant to be a 2nd option. Ideally this person will be a SF with a nice stroke, any suggestions?
Funny story about this game. I played this game in 2 sessons so I saved in the 3rd quarter when I was down 80-70, loaded it and finished it as you can see above. So I went to load my season today ready for next game, but then it brought me back to that spot I saved in the middle 80-70 in the 3rd quarter, so du I forgot to save after I finished. So i went on to finish the game. I was down 15 with 5:27 left and no hope. I start getting a few stops, but I miss mult. chances to cut it to 4. I was down 6 with a mintue left. I didn't think I was going to get to OT since I missed a lot of shots to get back into the game, but after I cut it to two with under 10 seconds left I decided not to foul bring full court pressure. They have to force it up to Gasol I double him with Wall get the steal call TO and Wall's dunk with 3 seconds left tied it and forced OT. Now I am playing OT. Wow I am shocked!!!!!!(of course the run started when Wall came in and he lead it on both sides)

Last edited by ewing6; 01-23-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #1325
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewing6
Funny story about this game. I played this game in 2 sessons so I saved in the 3rd quarter when I was down 80-70, loaded it and finished it as you can see above. So I went to load my season today ready for next game, but then it brought me back to that spot I saved in the middle 80-70 in the 3rd quarter, so du I forgot to save after I finished. So i went on to finish the game. I was down 15 with 5:27 left and no hope. I start getting a few stops, but I miss mult. chances to cut it to 4. I was down 6 with a mintue left. I didn't think I was going to get to OT since I missed a lot of shots to get back into the game, but after I cut it to two with under 10 seconds left I decided not to foul bring full court pressure. They have to force it up to Gasol I double him with Wall get the steal call TO and Wall's dunk with 3 seconds left tied it and forced OT. Now I am playing OT. Wow I am shocked!!!!!!(of course the run started when Wall came in and he lead it on both sides)
So I was up most of OT, but they took a 1 point lead with 20 seconds left. Young Missed a layup with 5 seconds left. I fouled Odom with under 2 seconds left. He missed the 2nd ft, but they got the offensive broad so I lost 117-115 in OT They doubled teamed wall on the last poss. and that hurt me as I dont have a 2nd scorer who I trust to make a big shot(I want Peja or someone gonna look after I post stats) I dunno how you want to count this game since it has almost 3 quarters of the same stats as the other one, but here are the stats

Lakers/Wiz
Field Goals: 46-90(51%)/43-86(50%)
3's: 9-23(39%)/6-17(35%)
free throws: 16-24(66%)/23-27(85%)
assists: 17/26
turnovers: 20/18
rebound: 42(6 off.)/31(6 off.)
steals: 13/15
blocks: 4/14
PIP: 52/58
bench: 30/29
2nd chance: 8/8
fast break: 6.15

Let this game slip away in OT, confidence boast for me though I guess

Key Players:
Artest 20 points 11 broads 4 assists
Gasol 19 points 6 broads
Odom 18 points 10 broads 3 assists 2 blocks
Fisher 17 points 4 steals

Wall 39 points 10 assists 4 steals 7 TOs
Blatche 17 points 7 broads 3 steals 1 block(6-16 from the field) missed some big shots in regulation and OT.
Young 16 points 2 steals 6-17 from the field 2-6 from 3
Robinson 15 points 6-10 from the field 3-7 from 3
Mcgee 6 points 5 broads 3 steals 6 blocks(shut down gasol in the 4th during the rally
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #1326
Rookie

OVR: 4

Another way that I've cut down on the bs TO's was I figured that the buttons are pressure sensitive and a lot of those crazy TO's come from when I mash the help out of the controller. Softer press = softer pass.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:22 PM   #1327
Pro

OVR: 8

You guys must be very good because I am getting me butt handed to me by the CPU with these sliders. I was always a Allstar level player but this year I am getting taking to the hoops by the CPU. I have tried all Pro sliders on this forum and I win almost every game. I can't get within 10 pts of the CPU on Allstar LOL. I am going to retire from 2K this year and wait on Baseball. Not having fun LOL. Great sliders but I am no good on any level pass Pro this year.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:03 AM   #1328
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

OVR: 20

Ok, I don't really understand what I can do to level out the playing field. I use my Atlanta Hawks in Association. I started off the Assoc. using these sliders. I got my butt handed to me BIG TIME in the first two games. I had some where around 30 Turnovers in EACH game and lost by at least 20 in both games. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I don't feel like I am forcing passes. It also seemed to be why I was losing the game because turnovers and then a transition score would give the CPU team momentum.

So, I played my third game against the Washington Wizards. At the end of the first quarter I had already gone to the free throw line and shot 17/22, while they had yet to go even 1 time. 2nd quarter I stopped giving the ball to Horford down low because every time I did and used a post move Horford would get fouled and it would result in him getting easy points, and that to me was not realistic. I really need help balancing this stuff out because I absolutely destroyed the Wizards this game. I will play another game when I wake up and see what kind of results it yields, but I want it to be more realistic. How can I cut down on the turnovers, and actually battle in the paint without going to the charity stripe every time I back a guy down? Also, for the entire game I had 3 Offensive Rebounds, 11 Blocks, 14 Steals, and 54 total rebounds.

Any help you guys can give me for evening the playing field so I can play this and actually sweat the games would be greatly appreciated. As it stands right now, i'm either getting blown out or blowing the team out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »