Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2010, 10:20 AM   #385
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourf
This thing interest me, how many click must be modified for keep a realist side in gameplay ?

thanks

None.

Lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2010, 11:14 AM   #386
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

What's everyone's thoughts on turning Clutch off? I always turn it off in 2K basketball games and had had it off with 2K11 until I tried this set.

I don't know if it's the set or has to do with Clutch being on but I get extreme swings/runs in every game. It's too much "when it rains, it pours" every single game. I go through it and the CPU does. I rarely have one guy cold or one guy on fire - it's one way or the other for everyone. As a whole I won't be able to make a jumper, then all of a sudden my entire team can't miss. Same for the CPU, they go through some vicious cold streaks.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 12-18-2010, 11:40 AM   #387
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
What's everyone's thoughts on turning Clutch off? I always turn it off in 2K basketball games and had had it off with 2K11 until I tried this set.

I don't know if it's the set or has to do with Clutch being on but I get extreme swings/runs in every game. It's too much "when it rains, it pours" every single game. I go through it and the CPU does. I rarely have one guy cold or one guy on fire - it's one way or the other for everyone. As a whole I won't be able to make a jumper, then all of a sudden my entire team can't miss. Same for the CPU, they go through some vicious cold streaks.
Ehh, I can only speak for myself. I was the opposite from you in that ever since 2k3 I have always played with clutch on, with various slider levels of clutch once that was available. I always liked the feel of the extra "streakiness" similar to what you described. However, in my admittedly short sample size (4 games; 1 with clutch off) with these sliders, I found the streaks seem more realistic with it off, and the game more challenging overall. I don't really have an answer as to why other than it just felt better with it off, which is different than how I've felt in the past. Not sure I'm being all that helpful here, but that's my two cents.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:05 PM   #388
MVP

I've basically turned it off and crossed my fingers. Time will tell if it has any real affect.

The question I asked myself when I made the decision was, "Why have it on?". I can't come up with a good reason. Unless, Pro is too easy with it off. So far, that's not the case.

I'm now toying with the idea that neutralizing Consistency (whatever the hell that is) is best. I.e. set it to 50, 0, or 100. Right now I'm leaning 50.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:37 PM   #389
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
Not at all, Ewing. You gave me valuable info.
The next game I lost 124-86 to the Jazz lol. I shot like 38% and they shoot 48% and were like 9-20 from three and they got like 25 pts off turnovers. Guess things even out
Old 12-18-2010, 12:41 PM   #390
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewing6
The next game I lost 124-86 to the Jazz lol. I shot like 38% and they shoot 48% and were like 9-20 from three and they got like 25 pts off turnovers. Guess things even out

That was what I was hoping for, lol.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:12 PM   #391
Rookie

OVR: 3

10/10 sliders I can't put the game down
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2010, 02:14 PM   #392

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Love the sliders. I have had the game 2 weeks and have won a grand total of zero games.

But that's my fault. Trying to learn to play smarter and avoid turnovers (which are killing me).

Please keep up the good work and if you could periodically update 2K share...that'd be great!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »