Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #113
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Dan... I had to drop my sliders back down the set I have on page 1 - post 1. I just can't stop the CPU (using your updates - probably because I haven't played as many games as others). Played 3 more games and the cpu shot 56, 55 and 57% in them. I had hands in faces and the whole nine yards and was powerless.

I also find that my shooting percentage goes way down (I never shot above 38% in any of those games as the user) because I'm constantly climbing out of a hole, and probably taking quick and ill-advised shots. Then the game becomes no fun and I ask myself why in the hell I'm spending weeks on rosters that I can't even enjoy playing with.

As stated, each must tweak to their own liking. Personally, I'm thinking about doing one slider update for my use and that's raising the user "clutch factor" from 25 to 30. But other than that these sliders are golden...
Old 04-08-2011, 04:08 PM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 0

Have been using these aswell, played 3 games thus far, all lost and the only things thats bothering me is that driving to the basket has become real hard. It does provide more of a challenge but besides the fact that my PG can't even get past his defender once also leads to quite some turnovers as the AI is having a way easier time intercepting the ball than I do. Stats however are quite realistic and the reason I lost 3 times could also be because I am playing with Melo-less Knicks (He broke his wrist in the season opener...*sigh*) but as said apart from the sometimes offensive frustrations and the AI that tends to go in beast mode on offense in one specific quarter they play very well imo. Only thing I did was lower shooting fould to 62 for both user and AI and am still getting realistic amounss of FT's and upped 3pt shooting for myself to 53 cause I was annoyed by the fact that Billups and Douglas, who can be lethal from beyond the arc, were missing wide open 3's and atleast they now nail atleast half of their wide open looks from 3 point range.

Also wondering, these are specifically made for all star mode right but would they become too easy on pro (which some say is the more realistic difficulty setting) or haven't you tried that out yet?

Last edited by JustinWK; 04-08-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:37 PM   #115
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

I Just started a Denver Franchise w/ These.. Not bad I really like them but I have to get used to them because in my 1st game I got Killed 113-84.

Mainly because of TO's and Missed Open shots(Shot 39% BTW), But it Seemed the CPU got to the line way too much, 47 Times in my 1st game. I hope that dips a little as I play more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2011, 05:18 PM   #116
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Hey guys... I won't update the first page, but try some ideas (from post 1):

- lower cpu on-ball defense from 70 TO 65
- raise user clutch factor from 25 TO 30
- raise cpu mid-range shot success from 47 TO 48 (this is just to help the cpu's offense if you think they need a boost).

Again, we all have a different playing style so there are some ranges you can stay within.

From the post above (Justin): I, too, find it difficult to get by a defender. Go with the on-ball defense slider at 65...if it's still too tough, lower it to 60. I don't want to raise the shooting sliders, but if you think guys are missing too many open shots it's possible the clutch factor will help with this.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:57 PM   #117
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

I have yet to confirm it by playing a few more games, but it seems that the slider changes you suggested have made a world of difference. The game seems to have opened up a whole lot.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:02 AM   #118
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Hey guys... I won't update the first page, but try some ideas (from post 1):

- lower cpu on-ball defense from 70 TO 65
- raise user clutch factor from 25 TO 30
- raise cpu mid-range shot success from 47 TO 48 (this is just to help the cpu's offense if you think they need a boost).

Again, we all have a different playing style so there are some ranges you can stay within.

From the post above (Justin): I, too, find it difficult to get by a defender. Go with the on-ball defense slider at 65...if it's still too tough, lower it to 60. I don't want to raise the shooting sliders, but if you think guys are missing too many open shots it's possible the clutch factor will help with this.
That's a good call on the on-ball defense. I like the sideways drive towards the paint for a floating J, but it's really tough to get the space to do that as the CPU bodies you the entire way.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 04-09-2011, 10:31 AM   #119
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Guys... Played a couple games using the new changes...wow! Opens things up a bit.

I updated page 1 - post 1... all changes made are in bold / red.

- raised the 3 cpu shooting categories by +1 each. Thanks to DJ (Dan) for providing those. If the cpu is still too tough for you to guard, just take those down 1 click apiece. You'll have to D-up and be stout, put guys in spots they don't want to shoot.

- lowered the cpu on-ball defense by from (from 70 down to 65). This is the most notable change made. Allows ball handlers more space...bumping animations are decreased. You will see a huge difference between good and mediocre ball handlers, which is how it should be.

- raised user clutch factor from 25 to 30. If you are seeing good shooting percentages for the user then don't touch this. however, i was seeing guys miss open shots.

in my personal sliders i have raised user 3-point shooting by one click. i have NOT put that on the opening page but i want to give it a look. i'm finding my user 3 pt. shooting percentage to be very low, but it might be the type i'm taking.

thanks for all the input. give these a shot and see how it makes a difference... thanks!
Old 04-09-2011, 11:34 AM   #120
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
lowered the cpu on-ball defense by from (from 70 down to 65). This is the most notable change made. Allows ball handlers more space...bumping animations are decreased. You will see a huge difference between good and mediocre ball handlers, which is how it should be.

I'm really impressed by this change. Before, perimeter mismatches were almost impossible to exploit, old D-Fish would guard dudes like Chris Paul effortlessly. Now, they have to bring the help D and that really opens the game up. On the other hand, getting past defenders like Artest remains difficult, and that's how it should be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »