Home

mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #473
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngdutch13
Thanks for the reply.
I've noticed that the teams I've faced have only attempted below 70 shots. I believe the right stats in real life would be in the high 80's? I'm guessing this is a tendency issue and I'm not exactly sure what I should bump up. Maybe minutes? But I've been scoring high 90's low 100's and been blowing out all the teams i've faced. I've lowered my shooting attributes by 1 tick and raised the CPU's attributes by 1 tick.
I'd up minutes then make the game harder for you. Check team stats in your association and see what you're doing far too well for your team. Compare them to the 2011-12 Cleveland Cavaliers stats using basketball-reference.com. Your overall offense and defense should maybe be slightly higher, but not by much.

It's really a thing you have to look at and judge for yourself. Most sliders are. These are just a base. Are you getting around defenders too easily (up their on-ball defense and maybe their help defense strength)? Is it too easy for you to pass around the defense or excel past them on the fast break (up CPU defensive awareness and maybe their help defense strength)? Are you one of the top teams in FG% (lower your shot success sliders)? You can do the same thing when trying to improve their offense.

The Cavs offense, even with the addition of Dion Waiters, should still leave a lot to be desired. I'd be expecting an average of 95 or so PPG, and about 99 PPGA. To get those averages, the high scoring teams should run you for about 108-110 on average. The weaker offensive sides should still hit low-mid 90's on you (most games, some games your team just plays great). You should put up around 102 PPG against the weaker defensive sides, and about 88 against the better defensive sides. Against middle of the road defensive teams, you should rest around that 95 PPG mark.

Your style of play will effect your PPG and PPGA a decent amount though. Adjust accordingly.

Last edited by i am the messenger; 10-26-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #474
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Funny world we live in within this thread... Some guys say scores are too low, others say they're too high... Which means they're a good slider set since we're not seeing the SAME thing by each person who plays with them. I cannot fix things when the spectrum is that wide spread... Personal ability is something I canNOT take into account...
Old 10-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #475
Rookie

OVR: 0

Can anyone help I'm watching the heat game 5 min left in 2nd and score is 29 29

When I play 2k I have that in the first I can't get the game to have 17 min types of quarters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #476
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Denver (CPU) Charlotte (Me)

Indiana (CPU) Chicago (Me)

I spoke a bit about the Denver/Charlotte game last night, but the one I had earlier against the Pacers with the Bulls was another tough battle. The Pacers were on fire for most of the game and I had to match them pretty much shot for shot to stay in it. In the 4th quarter we found ourselves down 8 points and then Derrick Rose took over. He had gone a little cold in the 3rd, but when it was crunch time he stepped up and started hitting everything. It seemed like the defense fed off of his energy because we started shutting down the Pacers offense too. He ended up finishing with 39 pts, 7 assists and 5 boards. In the final two minutes we held them scoreless to secure the victory and give me a nice little achievement. Awesome stuff, I'm getting all kinds of different games with this set.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #477
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10

If I had to pick one word to describe this slider set.....well it would be tough because there are so many positives I'm seeing with it, but I'd have to go with dynamic. First three games of my Houston Rockets franchise:

Game 1: Overcame a 13 point deficit with four minutes remaining against the Kings.

Game 2: Blown out by 27 by the Hawks on the road

Game 3: Controlled the game against the Knicks throughout all four quarters and won by ten.

No game felt the same, every game was full of runs by both teams, exactly like how an NBA game plays out. The fourth quarter and the struggle to close out a game or to steal a game from the other team really plays out well with this set.

And about getting by players, I'm not having trouble with Lin. It's critical to set up your moves before you engage the defender. And the use of picks is also important.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:50 PM   #478
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I played 2 games last night - just wanted to watch the "flow of the game" to see how it felt. I have watched both ESPN pre-season games tonight... These sliders really feel like what I'm watching on TV... THIS is what I wanted to capture...
Old 10-26-2012, 11:54 PM   #479
Rookie

OVR: 1

What roster are you guys using with this slider?
Old 10-27-2012, 12:21 AM   #480
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I played 2 games last night - just wanted to watch the "flow of the game" to see how it felt. I have watched both ESPN pre-season games tonight... These sliders really feel like what I'm watching on TV... THIS is what I wanted to capture...
Ive been playing with Pro sliders, but will now make the step up to these.

Do you find forwards and centers put up a good amount of shots (and not just via off rebs)?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »