Home

mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #873
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

Loving these sliders pre-patch but have no been able to get a game in post-patch. Can someone tell me how these are playing since the patch arrived? I won't be able to get a game in for another day or so.

EDIT: My apologies. I did not realize you had already updated these post-patch. So, I'm sure they'll still be great.

Thanks for all the great work!

Last edited by Smokey; 11-29-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:59 AM   #874
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
I've never understood how fg% can be realistic when someone is using 'shot timing' too shoot.
Why not?Shot timing is also based on player stats. A perfect jumper with shot timing can hit the rim even if the shot is uncontested.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #875
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

UPDATED - Friday, November 30 - 7:45 PM

More post-patch updates - page 1 / post 1 - everything in BOLD and RED is new, so be sure to double-check your numbers. It's now mostly subtle things. I must admit, I really like the way this game plays now. Just trying to keep the cpu realistically competitive with regarding to shooting percentages. I still will rank 2K11 as my favorite basketball game, but this game plays really smooth now. Enjoy!

Last edited by mkharsh33; 11-30-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #876
Rookie

erod550's Arena

OVR: 2

I really liked these sliders in the few exhibition games I've played offline. Is there a way to use them in an online association? I don't see anywhere to set the sliders for the whole league, only to set them for myself. Do Gameplay options from the main menu carry over to online associations if each member sets them on their own console?

Edit - It seems changing the sliders set them for the whole league, but I'm not sure how to get everyone to use Real Player % instead of User Timing, as there are no settings for that in the Online Association. Anyone have any luck with that setting?

Last edited by erod550; 11-30-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:15 PM   #877
Rookie

OVR: 2

mkharsh! what speed should i put in associations "player speed"? im starting with 45 just in case.

also dont you think 75 consistency is too high for the cpu? they seem to never miss
Old 11-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #878
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

I tested player speed at 45 in Association - it's all I've used with 2K games. Regarding consistency, I have no problem holding the cpu to low 40%-range - but if you want to lower it, feel free to do so.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #879
Rookie

OVR: 0

One of the unintentional side effects of these sliders in Association mode is that it makes Monta Ellis (and other shooter/slashers, I imagine) pretty much hell to play against because they will either pop jumpers, drive and score, and/or get to the line every time. I haven't been able to keep him under 40, and I don't see how I would unless I double every time, in which case they would probably find Jennings and do the exact same thing (he's basically a slightly lesser version of Ellis in the game).

(And I know this isn't the proper thread for this, but whoever made the decision to tie alley-oops to the shoot and pass buttons needs to be hung by his balls for about 48 hours.)

Question about the patch: I'm worried about going with the patch, since the sliders have been mostly ok pre-patch. I have an xbox unconnected to the internet, but I can bring it over a friend's house to get the patch. If I install the game on the xbox hard drive, will that version be patched and I can maintain an unpatched version on the disc?
Old 12-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #880
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

It's funny... It seems like we've got a "Monta Ellis Bug" that EVERYONE seems to deal with. My suggestion: in your rosters, lower his individual shooting attributes. I've had the same problem, but ONLY with him. And I've read this in other posts. But I'd suggest just changing him and not the sliders. The problem I had with 2K11 that I struggled with was getting star players to play like star players, and take more shots than the other teammates.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »