Home

mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #553
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

NEW UPDATES - Page 1 - Post 1

Anything new in BOLD / RED

Edited last post here - be sure to double-check your numbers. I've spent the majority of the day working on things. I think I've fixed a LOT of the issues that I can with sliders. I'm reaching a point of frustration, so that's always a good sign that I'm nearing the end of the tweaks.

If these don't work for you guys, then I'm not sure what will. When I deviate from certain things the game just doesn't play well.

One new discovery I made (I think): under tendencies - ATTEMPT DUNK - I noticed something in my testing: when this is raised above 40 the cpu goes berserk in trying to go to the basket - I mean really crazy. So what I'm wondering is this - even if a guy can't dunk all that well, that tendency programs a guy to TRY to get to the rim on a drive each time???

I started seeing the cpu take TERRIBLY forced shots and driving to the hoop EVERY time. So I had to lower it back to 40. It was a weird discovery I made today...

I think these latest sliders (2nd set) should make for a solid game of basketball...

Last edited by mkharsh33; 10-31-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:31 PM   #554
Rookie

The Yurpman's Arena

OVR: 6

I've been playing with the 1st set and it's getting a little too easy to win with the Wizards so I'm definitely going to try the 2nd set now. I love the sliders though and it makes the game a whole lot more fun to play.

Can't wait to try the 2nd set and thank you for the great sliders and the constant updates!
Old 10-31-2012, 05:47 PM   #555
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
NEW UPDATES - Page 1 - Post 1

Anything new in BOLD / RED

Edited last post here - be sure to double-check your numbers. I've spent the majority of the day working on things. I think I've fixed a LOT of the issues that I can with sliders. I'm reaching a point of frustration, so that's always a good sign that I'm nearing the end of the tweaks.

If these don't work for you guys, then I'm not sure what will. When I deviate from certain things the game just doesn't play well.

One new discovery I made (I think): under tendencies - ATTEMPT DUNK - I noticed something in my testing: when this is raised above 40 the cpu goes berserk in trying to go to the basket - I mean really crazy. So what I'm wondering is this - even if a guy can't dunk all that well, that tendency programs a guy to TRY to get to the rim on a drive each time???

I started seeing the cpu take TERRIBLY forced shots and driving to the hoop EVERY time. So I had to lower it back to 40. It was a weird discovery I made today...

I think these latest sliders (2nd set) should make for a solid game of basketball...
Interesting discovery.

The funny thing about Tendencies is that, when you move one up or down, it completely changes the way the AI plays. If you have tendencies that make the AI go to the post and stop driving the lane, but then you increase/decrease mid-range (for example), all of a sudden the AI goes back to ignoring the post and starts attacking the basket every trip down the court.

This game is incredibly touchy, so I understand your frustrations!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2012, 07:47 PM   #556
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Yeah, this game is THE most frustrating basketball game I've played.

I've got some more tweaks - updates, but I'll post them later. This game could be great, but I must admit: in many ways it just flat out sucks. Offensive rebounds ALWAYS being kicked out side is a joke. I tweaked a number of things, including roster stuff, and it doesn't matter.

I'll post the next update and then that's it for awhile... and I'll probably end up just shelving this game and go back to 2K11 for some time. This game needs a serious patch on a number of issues... What bothers me is how everyone was going on about "this is the GREATEST game ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" stuff - and it's not even close. It has so many flaws it's unreal. But when 2K reads their hype, it doesn't behoove them to do much. Oh well...end of rant.

I'll post the new tweaks later...
Old 10-31-2012, 07:50 PM   #557
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Yeah, finding the right balance with this game is incredibly frustrating. You can see the potential 2K13 has, but it's definitely not a finished product in its current state. Hopefully we get a sizeable patch that addresses a lot of the key issues that have been discussed since the game was released.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 10-31-2012, 09:43 PM   #558
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Yeah, this game is THE most frustrating basketball game I've played.

I've got some more tweaks - updates, but I'll post them later. This game could be great, but I must admit: in many ways it just flat out sucks. Offensive rebounds ALWAYS being kicked out side is a joke. I tweaked a number of things, including roster stuff, and it doesn't matter.

I'll post the next update and then that's it for awhile... and I'll probably end up just shelving this game and go back to 2K11 for some time. This game needs a serious patch on a number of issues... What bothers me is how everyone was going on about "this is the GREATEST game ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" stuff - and it's not even close. It has so many flaws it's unreal. But when 2K reads their hype, it doesn't behoove them to do much. Oh well...end of rant.

I'll post the new tweaks later...
Mk I hear you but it's not as bad as it seems....I put offensive rebounds for me at 55 and the CPU at 45 and I see a good balance for each team...2k11 was a good game but compared to 2k13 it's not even close.....good sliders by the way don't out think yourself...
Old 10-31-2012, 10:11 PM   #559
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
Mk I hear you but it's not as bad as it seems....I put offensive rebounds for me at 55 and the CPU at 45 and I see a good balance for each team...2k11 was a good game but compared to 2k13 it's not even close.....good sliders by the way don't out think yourself...
it's not the offensive boards - it's the fact they throw 95% of those rebounds back outside and never go up strong with it. That's a programming issue that needs fixed... But a HUGE issue that takes away a great element of real-life basketball.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:28 PM   #560
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
it's not the offensive boards - it's the fact they throw 95% of those rebounds back outside and never go up strong with it. That's a programming issue that needs fixed... But a HUGE issue that takes away a great element of real-life basketball.
I hear ya....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »