Home

mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2012, 10:51 PM   #561
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I played 2 games last night - just wanted to watch the "flow of the game" to see how it felt. I have watched both ESPN pre-season games tonight... These sliders really feel like what I'm watching on TV... THIS is what I wanted to capture...
This,this,this. Playing the game, it feels real. The scores realistic, the game flows well, and they work with pretty much any roster set out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2012, 12:13 AM   #562
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
it's not the offensive boards - it's the fact they throw 95% of those rebounds back outside and never go up strong with it. That's a programming issue that needs fixed... But a HUGE issue that takes away a great element of real-life basketball.
Have you tried increasing "Attempt Putbacks" or "Dunk in Traffic Frequency"? I see a lot of offensive rebounds put back up for dunks/layups, but I have also seen a lot of easy dunks passed up by the AI after an offensive board.

If only these things could be simple..
Old 11-01-2012, 05:41 AM   #563
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey guys what adjustments should I use for offline association? I think 65 injury frequency is too high
Old 11-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #564
Rookie

OVR: 0

I use slimm44 roster with these sliders and the game plays amazing... I play on PC and we are lucky that we have slimm44 for the roster editing .
Old 11-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #565
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Yeah, this game is THE most frustrating basketball game I've played.

I've got some more tweaks - updates, but I'll post them later. This game could be great, but I must admit: in many ways it just flat out sucks. Offensive rebounds ALWAYS being kicked out side is a joke. I tweaked a number of things, including roster stuff, and it doesn't matter.

I'll post the next update and then that's it for awhile... and I'll probably end up just shelving this game and go back to 2K11 for some time. This game needs a serious patch on a number of issues... What bothers me is how everyone was going on about "this is the GREATEST game ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" stuff - and it's not even close. It has so many flaws it's unreal. But when 2K reads their hype, it doesn't behoove them to do much. Oh well...end of rant.

I'll post the new tweaks later...

I'm about to buy 2K13 because your sliders stimulate the desire to buy it, but after your last post I really hesitate !!

It feels like u really think that the game is not that good....but from what i saw it seems really good so i don't know what to think now !

can u reassures me ?lol

2k11 was a great game but sincerely, it's not that good today.
not realistic feelings.
2k11 is out of date for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #566
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

If I were you - and I had patience - I'd wait until they patch this game. Sliders can only fix so much, but there are issues with the fast break ... wings taking a TON of shots (unless you work on the rosters extensively to tone that down) ... offensive rebounds not going back up, but rather being continually thrown back out to the guards.

I'm different than most people - I don't care about shoes, colors being spot on, or some dude missing an arm sleeve. So for me, 2K11 is the game I love to play - but I'm more of a fan of NBA history, so I play those old rosters a LOT. 2K13 is a good game - pretty solid across the board. But it has some issues that will frustrate you after about 5-8 games that become very clear this is a broken game in some ways (mentioned earlier).

It comes down to what you're willing to put up with, and how bad you need a basketball fix. I never liked the previous 2k basketball games until 11. I hated 12... I'm trying to like 13, but I just don't know...
Old 11-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #567
Rookie

OVR: 6

OK thank you for ur answer !!!

So i will wait for a patch and buy Assassin's creed 3 while waiting for !!
Old 11-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #568
Pro

OVR: 0

Normally I only play MLB 2k but since the community seems rather dead I am about to buy NBA 2k13 the first time since some years.

Mkharsh, I think you know my name over from the MLB 2k forums. Do yourself a favor and don't take it too seriously.
Everyone thinks a new game is soooo great in the first moment, because you see overwhelming things you didn't see in the past versions. But after some times those overwhelming things become normal and then you realize that there are flaws. And those flaws take you down so much. Too much.

Every game out there has its flaws. It hase been so and it will be so forever. You can not expect to buy a game for 50 bucks (or even less for PC) and get the perfect game. This is no excuse for bad programing or anything like that but you simply shouldn't take it too serious.

And Mkharsh, I expect you back at 2k13 sooner than later. At the MLB 2k12 forums you said multiple times that you were done with that game. But you weren't.

Last edited by wudl83; 11-01-2012 at 12:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »