Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #753
MVP

OVR: 1
For what it's worth, I've continued to tweak these sliders along with changing Steph Curry to play a bit more like himself and I haven't found a combination that I've liked.

I gave Steph a quick release shot form like he has in real life and now he absolutely destroys the CPU perimeter defense even with contest shots turned up and on-ball D at 60. Any higher tends to destroy the driving game.

I can shoot 3-4 3's often during first quarters which is even more inhuman than he already is. Not sure what else to do to keep the game playable with other three point shooters with slower releases. I could lower his 3 point rating (92 in my roster) but he is really one of the best 3 point shooters there's ever been (highest in 2k is 98). Maybe knock down his consistency but increase 3 point shooting to simulate that he might have merely a good game most games or might go off like he does occasionally? Knock down 3 point shooting overall while lowering shot release defense?

A big part of the problem is that the AI doesn't make adjustments needed to slow him in real life, like Denver and San Antonio did by trapping early or putting long athletic 2's and 3's on him.

Last edited by Sundown; 05-21-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:03 PM   #754
Rookie

DENCIO's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

hi sir i used default roster and it looks good for you slider,thank for that slider sir.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:43 AM   #755
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
For what it's worth, I've continued to tweak these sliders along with changing Steph Curry to play a bit more like himself and I haven't found a combination that I've liked.

I gave Steph a quick release shot form like he has in real life and now he absolutely destroys the CPU perimeter defense even with contest shots turned up and on-ball D at 60. Any higher tends to destroy the driving game.

I can shoot 3-4 3's often during first quarters which is even more inhuman than he already is. Not sure what else to do to keep the game playable with other three point shooters with slower releases. I could lower his 3 point rating (92 in my roster) but he is really one of the best 3 point shooters there's ever been (highest in 2k is 98). Maybe knock down his consistency but increase 3 point shooting to simulate that he might have merely a good game most games or might go off like he does occasionally? Knock down 3 point shooting overall while lowering shot release defense?

A big part of the problem is that the AI doesn't make adjustments needed to slow him in real life, like Denver and San Antonio did by trapping early or putting long athletic 2's and 3's on him.
I would probably lower his consistency a LITTLE bit if you ALWAYS seem to make his shot. But don't lower it too much. I'm actually working on the defensive pressure and awareness, so I'll get back to you on that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2013, 02:09 AM   #756
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Thanks for the reply! Yea, I was looking at PJT's roster REAL hard the other day, so that's my #1 unless other people disagree.
I kinda disagree I think it should be between the OS collab swagged out roster (best on this site IMO) and PJT's
Old 05-22-2013, 04:47 AM   #757
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
I would probably lower his consistency a LITTLE bit if you ALWAYS seem to make his shot. But don't lower it too much. I'm actually working on the defensive pressure and awareness, so I'll get back to you on that.
Cool deal. Would definitely like to hear your thought process on how you made your changes and how those two sliders work together, along with shot contest, shot defense, and whatever I've left out.

It's not so much his overall shooting percentage, but rather the volume he can put up with good accuracy because of opportunity. I could probably hit 8 to 10 every game which just doesn't happen. The Warriors would destroy teams if they could really have Steph jack up 5-6 every quarter as the backbone of their offense.

Basically I'm aiming for a realistic game-- 3-4 makes a game on 45% with around 9 attempts in the flow of the game, with some epic nights where he hits 8 or more. I'm just finding way too many opportunities to jack one up on good percentage which isn't something even he can keep up all game every game.

Last edited by Sundown; 05-22-2013 at 04:50 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:02 AM   #758
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I need a little help from you guys before I start working on my next update. Basically, I need to know which XBOX roster(s) you would like me to center these sliders around. In the past, I've been working off of a lightly-modified version of the default 2k rosters (the only modifications were Vann's playbooks and some aesthetic/art changes), but I would like to know what the demand is for other, perhaps more customized rosters. Also, I would prefer for these rosters to be on 2k Share, as I don't have a flash drive and really don't feel like going out to get one. I am just fine with working on 2k Rosters if that's what you guys want, but I'm not afraid to branch out to other rosters.

As for PS3 users, I've heard that my sliders so far have worked with Bedwardsroy's roster, so I would recommend that you use that. From what I've heard, Bed's roster is the premier roster for the PS3, and I really think you would be missing out if you used any other roster.

And unfortunately for PC users, I have uninstalled my copy of 2k13. I was running out of space on my 240gb SSD (thanks to Skyrim and Fallout NV modding..), and since I hadn't played 2k13 in so long, it was the first to go. If I ever re-install the game, I'll try to get some testing done. But for now, my PC sliders are staying as-is. Again, I apologize for this and I will see what I can do in the future.

Alright, so let me know what you all think. Which Xbox roster(s) should I take a look at? Default or custom? And if custom, which one?

Edit: Alright, it looks like the choice of options for Xbox 360 rosters are between Sim-World, Take That 2K13, PJT's roster, Trifecta roster, or 2k Default. Let me know which of these you would most like me to use!

For PS3, I've only heard good things about Bed's roster, and they are apparently compatible with my sliders, so it looks like we're all good there!
You don't have the collab roster listed as an option? It is by far the most popular. 300+ pages of coments.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #759
Rookie

OVR: 0

I use bedwardsroy roster for ps3, great roster with excellent coaching profile, sorry for the bad english: -)
Old 05-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #760
Rookie

OVR: 0

i have an important question: does the game option (game speed, player speed in ***) influnce the CPU vs CPU game? becsaue i scoring about 90-100 but in other games the score about 90-120 and often 110-120?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »