Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Quote:
"Here is the most recent 'Behind The Scenes' clip from NBA ELITE 11. This clip of OJ Mayo driving the lane is a great example of the all-new Hands-On Control. It combines a shot fake to get the defender to bite, one-to-one behind the back dribble move to get into the key, a pro-hop to create space and a layup to finish. This is user v. user gameplay and as you can see the sticks give you more control than you get playing with the button controls. By playing with the sticks, switching to buttons, then back to Hands-On Control, you will really be able to feel the difference for yourself. You'll be able to experience this and a whole lot more in the demo coming soon to both PSN and XBL."

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 dexvex @ 09/13/10 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Im sorry man but you know good and well that aint no go to move. They dont have go to moves in this game, this is not NBA Live 2008

Raymond Felton was doing this, Melo was doing it, LeBron was doing it... dude it was in all of the magazine scans and everything... Its just a generic dribble move and thats why it was in every video.. unless Nash has Mayo's go to move as well
http://media1.gameinformer.com/image...Media/GI01.jpg
Not goto moves ala live 08. I meant that it is more than likely the vid makers move that he likes to use which is very likely...

# 42 yungflo @ 09/13/10 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by convince
Def. regressing in video quality. Serious aren't we past these little, "I was playing the game and saw something cool". You guys just need to flood us with 5 on 5 gameplay videos.
they need to do what your username tells us.

sell us on the gameplay, like a used carsalesmen can sell an used car with 150,000 plus miles on it.

Just do it, be passionate about it. Tells us about the strides in the game. Even though the game does look like it won't live up to live 10, they can still advertise it as if its the key to elite franchise and this is just the beginning.

instead of showing us the carfax, they are giving us carflaps, etc lol. Like dude, we already known about controls. That's been previewed since JUNE!

enough with the control vids.

Show us the post. The posts in here are FLUID. They are spectacular in my opinion. Show that off a little more. When I saw the post moves in the hornet videos, it was impressive. I was a bit turned on lol. I was not expecting that sexiness.

# 43 23 @ 09/13/10 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexvex
Not goto moves ala live 08. I meant that it is more than likely the vid makers move that he likes to use which is very likely...

Thats fine and all but like I said, you could do that stuff in Live 10, so whats the point? We've seen it over and over and over and over again

Let alone the sequence I just showed you that is humanly impossible to pull off by Crawford... impossible!

# 44 rEAnimator @ 09/13/10 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexvex
Did it ever occur to you all that complaining that mostly the same guy makes all these videos and maybe just maybe the behind the back is his goto move? They've shown alot of different moves if you pay attention and this is user control so I am not really worried about that. Verts can easily be edited if its not up too par by release too so thats a non-issue. I just need that demo now ea...
That is totally connors goto move. He loves it. I'm more partial to the spin, but to each his own.

# 45 23 @ 09/13/10 11:33 PM
How do you explain Crawford turning into Scottie Pippen x2 ? Thats the AI right?

You know thats not possible reanimator

# 46 scottyp180 @ 09/13/10 11:35 PM
not going to get excited over a one move video. Nice move, looked fluid, but one play isn't going to make me think any different of this game. The game looks but I haven't seen anything that really wows me. EA has been saying its about the control and feel of the game so i'm interested to see how the demo will play

# 47 Tha_Kid @ 09/13/10 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
If this is about Hands On Control, whats the difference between what you could do in Live 10? Maybe im missing that part of the mechanic?
The difference is the choices you get to make in Elite that were at times made for you in 10. Deciding to go behind the back to the right to avoid the charge, gather (pro hop in this case) left, then finish with the right hand. You could attempt the same thing in Live 10, but the results weren't consistent with your input (Particularly with layup solutions). Basically, in Live 10 you could trigger a layup from the free throw area (and might get a hop step, euro step or spin), whereas in Elite you can choose to specifically hop step, the direction, and afterwards choose to attempt a layup to either side or dunk. Same with the dribble moves.

# 48 23 @ 09/13/10 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
The difference is the choices you get to make in Elite that were at times made for you in 10. Deciding to go behind the back to the right to avoid the charge, gather (pro hop in this case) left, then finish with the right hand. You could attempt the same thing in Live 10, but the results weren't consistent with your input (Particularly with layup solutions). Basically, in Live 10 you could trigger a layup from the free throw area (and might get a hop step, euro step or spin), whereas in Elite you can choose to specifically hop step, the direction, and afterwards choose to attempt a layup to either side or dunk. Same with the dribble moves.

I just posted a video in Live 10 doing alot of those same exact things man

# 49 bmgoff11 @ 09/13/10 11:43 PM
i didnt even notice how high crawford jumped wow they have to really tone that down other then that thevideo looks real good to me

# 50 convince @ 09/13/10 11:44 PM
Maybe this is the reason they don't release videos, too much negative reaction. But i think its pretty clear what we want to see, no of more of these "diaries" type of vids.

# 51 bmgoff11 @ 09/13/10 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
nope, I don't really understand what they are trying to show, OJ has a wide open 3 but instead is able to take it to the hole on 3 defenders Elite really and you call yourself sim.
how does not taking the three and driving to the lane not sim // really u need to look up what sim is// the user didnt want to take three i would have but he didnt has not affect on if the game is sim or not

# 52 Tha_Kid @ 09/13/10 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I just posted a video in Live 10 doing alot of those same exact things man
Did you even read my post?

Quote:
You could attempt the same thing in Live 10, but the results weren't consistent with your input (Particularly with layup solutions). Basically, in Live 10 you could trigger a layup from the free throw area (and might get a hop step, euro step or spin), whereas in Elite you can choose to specifically hop step, the direction, and afterwards choose to attempt a layup to either side or dunk. Same with the dribble moves.

# 53 The 24th Letter @ 09/13/10 11:51 PM
Quote:
So basically just consistency? I know I could do a behind the back on command....and hand finishes were pretty consistent....cant remember hop steps....just wondering

# 54 BiggD @ 09/13/10 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
The only time EA will confess to how bad Elite was..is when ELITE 12 drops and they will show vast improvements over 11. "In elite 11 lats year, our emphasis was controls. In elite 12, we're bringing a whole new array of animations using our rtp system, giving the user more contact/physical play"

or something bs like that.

I hate that.

I still want this game to do good, Live 10 was great imo, I liked it better than the other game. which is why im not so quick to jump off the ea bandwagon, they can do it.
Great post...the Elite12" hype train" will include a total bashing of Elite 11. Thats the way EA roll

# 55 23 @ 09/13/10 11:57 PM
Quote:
So basically just consistency? I know I could do a behind the back on command....and hand finishes were pretty consistent....cant remember hop steps....just wondering
Exactly

as well as left or right handed layups

# 56 mlp111 @ 09/13/10 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deefrw
Definitely looks better to me.

The possibility of using buttons just for one or two things and sticks for the rest is good to hear, but I'm sure I'll end up using one or the other for everything.

Wish they would of used the Red ATL jerseys in this video.

Edit: Good to see Al's model looks leaner and taller.
the other game being live 10, yeah, but not even close the the other company game!!!!!!!

# 57 BiggD @ 09/13/10 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Exactly

as well as left or right handed layups
how were the layups when you played bro?

# 58 Tha_Kid @ 09/14/10 12:00 AM
Quote:
The layup solutions were pretty inconsistent - you couldn't choose which type of gather, just a direction. You chose the side finish with layup solutions, but couldn't choose the hand after the direction. I don't remember that about behind the backs, but I never liked freestyle or quickstrike, so at the least I'd call both of this year's games move 1-to-1 handling much more intuitive.

Basically, I think of it just as a more granular way to do what you could do before. By it's very nature, it'll present a few decisions that weren't there before. So consistency in addition to some more choice (touted as control).

For shooting, the finish does call for aim (and maybe timing?)

# 59 coolcras7 @ 09/14/10 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmgoff11
how does not taking the three and driving to the lane not sim // really u need to look up what sim is// the user didnt want to take three i would have but he didnt has not affect on if the game is sim or not
No one purposely makes scoring more complicated than it has to be, he was wide open but instead decided to go up against 3 taller players and able to score and receiving not a bit of contact how is that realistic, come on bro open your eyes stop making excuses, J Crawford stop in mid air after one block attempt then jump 7 feet high in the second, really

# 60 convince @ 09/14/10 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD
Great post...the Elite12" hype train" will include a total bashing of Elite 11. Thats the way EA roll
I hate that. Makes me think like, why did i buy the product?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.