Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

During a recent interview with Machinima, Producer Ben Haumiller introduces the Skills Trainer for NCAA Football 14, which teaches players some of new gameplay mechanics. No word on whether it will be similar to FIFA's version of the skills trainer.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 The_Wise_One @ 04/30/13 11:25 PM
Nice find. Would be awesome if it also included off season workouts. Man that dynasty playbook....

# 2 Yubbed @ 04/30/13 11:25 PM
Never played FIFA but sounds cool.

# 3 BLACKjersey53 @ 04/30/13 11:26 PM
I hope they're similar to Fifa's. They'd be great for killing some time when an exibition game is too long or when a commissioner hasn't advanced an OD. Plus, I'm sure I'll have to get used to this speed burst thing.

# 4 jello1717 @ 05/01/13 12:38 AM
I don't play fifa. Is their skills trainer similar to the mini games that used to be in NCAA?

# 5 khaliib @ 05/01/13 12:08 PM
Don't take this wrong, but most young folks that play this game have some type of football experience that's greater than the Dev's that build the game.

From pick-up games, to pee-wee leagues, to Jr High, to high school, to college......
What exactly are they trying to teach that many gamer's already understand from personal experience?
This is why the community picks the game apart.
It's because folks personal experience sees something in the game that's not in-line with realism.

"State of the Art Nike Facility".....
My 1st thought when I hear State of the Art is "Top of the line dynamic/stereo Audio quality"

Here's the big question concerning this area....
Will the Audio/crowd of each stadiums atmosphere match the effort that has been put into this Nike "Practice" facility and the gloves?

# 6 Cowboy008 @ 05/01/13 12:16 PM
Why would they build a state of the art Nike practice facility just for skill trainers. Could this also be something for dynasty mode like what The_Wise_One said?

# 7 balljonesjr @ 05/01/13 12:17 PM
Amen Khaliib

# 8 khaliib @ 05/01/13 12:40 PM
If you really want to bring some "WOW" Dev's....

Allow gamers the ability to inject some sounds over the loudspeaker as they.....are you ready for this?

come out during the pregame and be able to throw the ball around with QB, practice kicking/punting, have players practice their position moves (that are already tied to the controller/sticks)

Basically taking what's already being done on the practice facility and place it inside each stadium as fans start to fill the seats.

There!!!

Use this method for training/practice instead.

You can then start to tie in other elements (story-lines or the impact of injuries on player ratings etc...), rest of team runs/comes out etc...

It would add alot of life to the pre-game and the injection would actually serve a purpose for your time and efforts spent.

# 9 CM Hooe @ 05/01/13 12:48 PM
I applaud any and all tutorial and accessibility additions. Tiburon games have historically lagged behind games across all other genres in this area.

I do like the idea of blending the tutorials with the pre-game warmups. That'd be a nice progression of it going forward.

# 10 CcAaRrSsOoNn3 @ 05/01/13 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I don't play fifa. Is their skills trainer similar to the mini games that used to be in NCAA?
A little different.

Pretty much in Fifa, you get 6 different Skills to train with. Such as crossing, penalties etc.

You can play on different skill levels, accumulate points etc.

Nothing fancy ... but doesn't hurt to have it.

# 11 moylan1234 @ 05/01/13 01:22 PM
Great idea khaliib.

Also, hoping the state of the art nike facility is somehow involved in a new AD mode where u can upgrade practice facilities/stadiums/uniforms. since they have different ball brands perhaps there's an upgraded facility for each brand as well. Wishful thinking I know.

# 12 KANE699 @ 05/01/13 02:14 PM
Let's get the uniforms sort of close and the gloves but lets really not pay attention to any other part of the uniform such as helmets or facemasks or shoes.

That's what I gathered from this.

Now I KNOW it is hard to keep up with college uniforms as it seems now everyone is making a change or addition every week each year.

That said, there are helmets and facemasks and shoes that have been missing for multiple years and new stuff coming out each year, it would be nice to see them somewhat catch up here.

# 13 Allpro1414 @ 05/01/13 02:51 PM
i just wanna know if the Precision Modifier is in the game or not

# 14 jello1717 @ 05/01/13 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Don't take this wrong, but most young folks that play this game have some type of football experience that's greater than the Dev's that build the game.

From pick-up games, to pee-wee leagues, to Jr High, to high school, to college......
What exactly are they trying to teach that many gamer's already understand from personal experience?
When those Pee-Wee or HS QBs are running the triple option they aren't holding down the "A" button while reading the end and then keeping it held down to give it to the FB or if the DE crashes, letting go of the "A" and then running with the HB and reading the next guy and then either keeping it or hitting "LB" to pitch it to the HB or clicking the "RS" if you wanna fake a pitch to the HB.

I'm sure that's exactly the sort of things that they're trying to teach.

# 15 BA2929 @ 05/01/13 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Let's get the uniforms sort of close and the gloves but lets really not pay attention to any other part of the uniform such as helmets or facemasks or shoes.

That's what I gathered from this.

Now I KNOW it is hard to keep up with college uniforms as it seems now everyone is making a change or addition every week each year.

That said, there are helmets and facemasks and shoes that have been missing for multiple years and new stuff coming out each year, it would be nice to see them somewhat catch up here.
Does EVERY thread that includes something new have to come back to cleats and helmets?!?!? Why can't there be just ONE thread that introduces a new feature without someone chiming in about cleats and helmets? Why can't we just discuss the new skills trainer and spitball about what it's going to include or if it's going to be in dynasty in this thread and that's it? Is that too much to ask?

I understand you guys really, really want these things, but seriously, EVERY thread?

# 16 canesfins @ 05/01/13 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Prob an early build but the hurdle at 1:26...wooof. I mea does EA see the things we see or do they just turn a blind eye
That was a very awkward landing/weird movement right before his feet hit the ground.

# 17 jello1717 @ 05/01/13 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Prob an early build but the hurdle at 1:26...wooof. I mea does EA see the things we see or do they just turn a blind eye

# 18 canesfins @ 05/01/13 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I have no problem with football players hurdling other plays....Just when he was in the air right before landing it looked unusual right at 1:27.

# 19 DorianDonP @ 05/01/13 05:09 PM
Yeah I see it. The motion shift throws it off a bit. Sort of looks like the camera moved too.

# 20 BLACKjersey53 @ 05/01/13 05:21 PM
Seeing as how the title mentions a skills trainer, and the OP has a video, I figured.....maybe the video would have something new....about the skills trainer maybe? Boy, that was silly of me!

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.