Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K Sports has added the '07-'08 Boston Celtics (previously revealed) and '12-'13 Miami Heat to the list of classic teams in NBA 2K16.

There will be 12 new classic teams added this year, 8 of them have now been confirmed.

Here is the list of confirmed classic teams so far:
  • '12-'13 Miami Heat
  • '03-'04 Detroit Pistons
  • '07-'08 Houston Rockets
  • '99-'00 Toronto Raptors
  • '07-08 Boston Celtics
  • '00-'01 Los Angeles Lakers
  • '02-'03 Dallas Mavericks
  • '99-'00 Portland Trail Blazers
Two more teams will be revealed next Thursday.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/28/15 01:06 PM
If I see the 06 suns man Ima flip out . I've always wanted them back in 2k. I always make the 04 Pistons vs the 06 Suns lol I wasn't very good at creating teams tho lol

# 182 XxSpiritHunterX @ 08/28/15 01:18 PM
Too early to have the 12-13 Heat in 2K... Well at least too early to be announced. What's next, the 14-15 Warriors lol

Idc tho as long as we get and 05-06 Suns I'm happy

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk

# 183 DutchMastah7 @ 08/28/15 01:21 PM
Let me echo VDusen and say I'm grateful we get new "classics". The fact I can now use Vince and TMac with that Raptors team is awesome. Same goes for the other teams announced.

But as great as that Heat team was I still feel they should've went another route. Like someone else said, I want to play with a team I haven't seen in a while. I'll probably never use that Heat team.

# 184 Sellaz32 @ 08/28/15 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul21694
If one more person sarcastically mentions last season's warriors I wanna see bans.

It's one of the best teams of all time that blew through to a championship win. They're an all time classic team so I'm glad them being called a classic team.

I don't think the sarcasm comes from the greatness factor but from the simple fact that you lose the novelty with a "newer" classic team. It would be like them releasing the 1988 Lakers. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 185 redsox4evur @ 08/28/15 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul21694
If one more person sarcastically mentions last season's warriors I wanna see bans.

It's one of the best teams of all time that blew through to a championship win. They're an all time classic team so I'm glad them being called a classic team.
Why should people be banned? It's not a classic team like the Heat aren't a classic game, yet. They are both great teams, yes but they are no way near classic teams, especially the Warriors. They are basically the same exact as team as last year except they have Chris Babb and Gerald Wallace instead of David Lee. No way should that be a classic team. If you want to use that team trade Wallace and Babb back to the Celtics for Lee and there you go done.

# 186 Sellaz32 @ 08/28/15 01:51 PM
Maybe the term "classic" is throwing us off. I never liked the term "legends" for players on classic teams because let's face it. Many of those players were anything but legendary. For me the term classic has a nostalgic feel. You look back and say now that was a "classic matchup". Nobody says that about the last 2 years. Maybe 5 years from now I guess.

# 187 DutchMastah7 @ 08/28/15 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Why should people be banned? It's not a classic team like the Heat aren't a classic game, yet. They are both great teams, yes but they are no way near classic teams, especially the Warriors. They are basically the same exact as team as last year except they have Chris Babb and Gerald Wallace instead of David Lee. No way should that be a classic team. If you want to use that team trade Wallace and Babb back to the Celtics for Lee and there you go done.
I think GS let Crash go, but agreed on everything you said.

# 188 eko718 @ 08/28/15 01:58 PM
I wonder how many more pages there will be on people complaining about the '13 Heat. It's not like this team is going to be replaced; it is what it is.

# 189 Sellaz32 @ 08/28/15 01:59 PM
I was complaining about the complaints...

# 190 23 @ 08/28/15 02:07 PM
Any of the LeBron Wade Heat teams are one of the best teams of the 2010 after so far, so it's not hard to understand they were going to throw them in there.

It's not a big deal to be honest, just don't use em.

# 191 CookNBA03 @ 08/28/15 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
I wonder how many more pages there will be on people complaining about the '13 Heat. It's not like this team is going to be replaced; it is what it is.
Exactly, it's the same people cluttering the thread about an issue that's easily fixable and 23 stated it. Don't use them.

# 192 TheShield90210 @ 08/28/15 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Can you confirm that they've all been mentioned in this thread?

I can only hope he is referring to the 7 seconds or less Suns, the 04 Wolves, 06 Heat and 03 Nets.

# 193 Scramz718 @ 08/28/15 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
12(!) teams getting added due to likeness rights of existing players (i.e. additional content which cost company no additional money)
Let's complain about 1 of them because we hate free additional content
^OS Logic

First of all it isn't "free additional content" . Most ppl would a rather a different team don't see how that equals hating addition content.

Your logic???

I know it a long shot but the 09 Blazers would be dope.

# 194 fcf250 @ 08/28/15 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookNBA03
Exactly, it's the same people cluttering the thread about an issue that's easily fixable and 23 stated it. Don't use them.
Yes, everybody stop cluttering the thread about the two new teams with all this talking about the two new teams.

# 195 CookNBA03 @ 08/28/15 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcf250
Yes, everybody stop cluttering the thread about the two new teams with all this talking about the two new teams.
Yes, the same people complaining every page in the thread is cluttering it. Especially, when they repeat the same damn thing, it's annoying.

# 196 dubcity @ 08/28/15 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSpiritHunterX
Too early to have the 12-13 Heat in 2K... Well at least too early to be announced. What's next, the 14-15 Warriors lol

Idc tho as long as we get and 05-06 Suns I'm happy

Actually, the 15-16 Warriors should be a classic team already. So memorable. Best backcourt in NBA history. Actually Steph and Klay should just retire now and go to the HoF. I love instant nostalgia, lol.

# 197 XxSpiritHunterX @ 08/28/15 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Actually, the 15-16 Warriors should be a classic team already. So memorable. Best backcourt in NBA history. Actually Steph and Klay should just retire now and go to the HoF. I love instant nostalgia, lol.

Lol that's still too early. Maybe 2, 3 years down the line at least

# 198 fcf250 @ 08/28/15 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I'm still hoping for the 2022-2023 T-Wolves. Now that's a classic team.

# 199 Scramz718 @ 08/28/15 03:27 PM
Quote:

Quote:
Yes, the same people complaining every page in the thread is cluttering it. Especially, when they repeat the same damn thing, it's annoying.

Yeah because your last 2 comments didn't contribute to the "cluttering" of this thread. Ppl that do what you did is actually more annoying. If you're happy with the two teams then why you keep coming back to this thread.

Don't reply and continue the cluttering of this thread.

# 200 The 24th Letter @ 08/28/15 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Any of the LeBron Wade Heat teams are one of the best teams of the 2010 after so far, so it's not hard to understand they were going to throw them in there.

It's not a big deal to be honest, just don't use em.

I think the game crashes if you scroll past them...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.