Home
NBA Live 18 News Post

Some of the more popular YouTubers were invited to attend a private NBA Live 18 party and posted some quick videos. For the most part, they are video blogs on their experience at the event, along with a few glimpses of action.

We will probably see a few more trickle in throughout the week, so keep your eyes open, as we wait for more announcements leading up to EA Play in June.

JesserTheLazer

DenkOps - Chris Denker

UberYouTuber

Scomo

Game: NBA Live 18Hype Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 05/24/17 12:11 PM
Still saw some weird movements especially in that alley pass. Graphics look good and saw some signature moves .

I thought the guys that attended the event got to play. Guess it's too early.

# 2 tsbmolina @ 05/24/17 12:18 PM
Players bodies look weird like midgets and the same robotic animations. Who the heck is this suppose to be?

# 3 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 05/24/17 12:18 PM
Here is another by agent 00

https://youtu.be/Xfvi5Buybkw

# 4 iFnotWhyNoT @ 05/24/17 12:22 PM
It looks similar to Live 16 to me [not a bad thing], I don't know what I was expecting but this didn't blow me away or make me think it's terrible. I really want to see some 5 on 5 gameplay now, I'm more interested to see if the gameplay animations are smoother throughout a course of quarter or full game. I'm definitely interested, not sold.

# 5 Mintsa @ 05/24/17 12:37 PM
Well, the raptors defense on Giannis was spot on.......

Hahahaha!

# 6 Guapo516 @ 05/24/17 12:44 PM
I gotta be honest not exactly happy with what I saw, but I kinda only care how smooth and authentic the 5v5 interactions will be.

And I respect that you gotta get the most known player in the world right but it appears he's the only unique body type.

# 7 JODYE @ 05/24/17 01:02 PM
One thing I can say for sure, is that player models, jerseys and facial animations look much improved.

Go back and watch that NBA Live 16 trailer and you will see a stark difference graphically and in relation to animation fluidity.

I certainly didn't expect all the strange animations to be out of the game just yet, and really only saw one in this trailer that I didn't particularly enjoy and that was the Kyrie alley oop to LeBron.

Still need to see these animations in game and real 5v5 gameplay, because if EA does know how to do one thing, it is make trailers.

# 8 noshun @ 05/24/17 01:03 PM
Meant to post this here, not the screenshot thread.

You can def see the same ole live as far as movement in that short clip is concerned. the stiffness, semi floatiness is still there. Hardens crossover, and Kyries layup are good examples of Live legacy issues. I do see improvements. Its doesn't jump at me enough to say its on a level that 2K is at, or something we haven't seen from that distinguishes itself from 2K's movement. Better but still "Live"..

# 9 DaWolf @ 05/24/17 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun

You can def see the same ole live as far as movement in that short clip is concerned. the stiffness, semi floatiness is still there. Hardens crossover, and Kyries layup are good examples of Live legacy issues. I do see improvements. Its doesn't jump at me enough to say its on a level that 2K is at, or something we haven't seen from that distinguishes itself from 2K's movement. Better but still "Live"..
Yeah but I like that its still "Live".

# 10 TecmoZack @ 05/24/17 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Here is another by agent 00

https://youtu.be/Xfvi5Buybkw
Looks so much better. Very happy with the movement.

# 11 quincy0 @ 05/24/17 01:13 PM
Giannis looked horrible in the video lol

# 12 noshun @ 05/24/17 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf
Yeah but I like that its still "Live".

I get that, and have no problem with what people like. Live has issues with movements. Its look spastic and chippy. Look at Hardens crossover. There are hinges in the animation, about 3 of them. That's the stuff that sticks out to me, especially because im an animator.

# 13 TecmoZack @ 05/24/17 01:13 PM
I love the way the Celtic player falls to the floor after the Lebron dunk.

# 14 DaWolf @ 05/24/17 01:16 PM
Quote:
I get that, and have no problem with what people like. Live has issues with movements. Its look spastic and chippy. Look at Hardens crossover. There are hinges in the animation, about 3 of them. That's the stuff that sticks out to me, especially because im an animator.
Yeah I know what you mean but at least in Live always FELT good to play. Hope it also looks good on 5 on 5 cam. I just cant stand 2K gameplay any more tbh..

# 15 nba2kpdx @ 05/24/17 01:42 PM
Quote:

They took a year off and this is the best they came up with? Sad. Make Live great again!

# 16 TreJayMMA @ 05/24/17 01:53 PM
Idk what it is but the Animations just look stiff and weird...

Look at the kyire ally oop to Lebron...that was not impressive at all. Look at Kyries arm.

It honestly looks like an action figure passing the ball.

Idk, maybe its because I've played 2k too much. Or the lack of hardcore experience with the live franchise.

But it literally looks like nothing improved from the last game. I still see the stiff awkward animations (that now seems to be NBA Lives trademark).

I hope they prove me wrong and I hope I have to type a future post saying I was wrong...

# 17 Crunky @ 05/24/17 02:11 PM
I cant wait to purchase it face scans look on point, facial expression look beautiful. My issues are arena lighting it's to dark it reminds me of NBA 2k15, they need to brighten it up. Also Kyrie Irving looked off they gave him a pin head with a giraffe neck. Russell Westbrook head looked a tad bit small and his neck need's to be a tad bit wider like NBA Live 16 version. Animations looked the same as NBA Live 16 a bit clunky and robotic. Overall it's a first day buy for me as long as there's roster editing.

# 18 tsbmolina @ 05/24/17 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TecmoZack
I love the way the Celtic player falls to the floor after the Lebron dunk.
Officer someone's been shot. Looks like they will need a chalk outline of him. Strange

# 19 RICH72601 @ 05/24/17 02:49 PM
Other than the fluidity of movement in Live's games, what always bothers me as that there doesn't seem to be a lot of aggression or purpose when someone pulls off a move. It's like even with a defender on you, the offensive player makes moves like he's practicing in a gym by himself. Of course we all need to see this game running 5v5, not some highlight reel. A lot of time until the game comes out. Hopefully we get more vids. The detail in the faces are really nice (2K take note, fix your muddy faces). Kyrie....please try again, and his body type.

# 20 RyanJS08 @ 05/24/17 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JODYE
One thing I can say for sure, is that player models, jerseys and facial animations look much improved.

Go back and watch that NBA Live 16 trailer and you will see a stark difference graphically and in relation to animation fluidity.

I certainly didn't expect all the strange animations to be out of the game just yet, and really only saw one in this trailer that I didn't particularly enjoy and that was the Kyrie alley oop to LeBron.

Still need to see these animations in game and real 5v5 gameplay, because if EA does know how to do one thing, it is make trailers.
Facial expressions/animations look off to me. Case in point, check Giannis' drive to the basket. Also the Bucks jersey's are off.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.