Home

NBA 2K - Georgiafan's 3 year realistic rebuilds / remasters

This is a discussion on NBA 2K - Georgiafan's 3 year realistic rebuilds / remasters within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2021, 04:49 PM   #17
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K - Georgiafan's 3 year realistic rebuilds / remasters

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
I would suggest you give yourself the option to stay for an additional X amount of years IF you complete your goals. At that point you can claim the owner wants to re-up your contract and you get to stay on for an additional 1-3 years, but with an increased difficultly in goals; at that point if you feel close to a title, you can stay on and see it through. Or bounce and go somewhere else if you feel like a new challenge.

And if you don't accomplish those goals, then you're out -- much like real life, hitting your goals or not will determine your fate. Every sports league is a "what have you done for me lately?" place -- even championships only go so far.
I like that for this first one I updated the in house rules where I can't stay for a 4th year unless i get a perfect 10 score. I'll see how this first round goes and tweak along the way. That will give me a little extra pressure to complete the goals.
Old 01-17-2021, 10:56 AM   #18
MVP

marshdaddy's Arena

OVR: 0

Agreed on liking the goals approach. I think it gives you a more realistic approach than what 2K creates from Governors, like adding a PF when you don't need one.

Curious why you chose to use historic drafts. Was there any reason?
Old 01-17-2021, 11:15 AM   #19
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Jan 1st Update

Memphis is sitting with a pretty solid record with 6 wins out of their first 14 games. We didn't post playoff standings as its to early for that and the teams are all extremely close.

Ja as expected is having a big year with 22 per game on 8 assist. The bad news is he is shooting under 30% from 3 so that is a area he needs to work on this off season. Clarke is having a big year with 18 and 10 off the bench. Grayson Allen is shooting well off the bench, but his minutes will likely go down soon with Justice Winslow about to come back. Melton is playing big minutes for his defense, but his offense has been non existent and a similar story for Kyle Anderson. Ty Jones has been rumored to be on the trade block so his solid start should only increase those rumors.

Team Stat Rankings
PPG - 105.1 - 22nd
PPG Def - 108.4 - 13th worst
FG % - 42 - 13th
3% - 33 - 14th
FT % - 79 - 12th
REB - 54.4 - 20th
AST - 26.9 - 12th
STL - 7.4 - 21st
BLK - 6.0 - 3rd
PIP - 31.3 - 10th

Memphis 3%
Brooks - 41%
Allen - 40 %
Ty Jones - 39 %
Clarke - 38 %
JV - 32%
Kyle Anderson - 29%
Melton - 28%
Ja - 27%
Deing - 26%
Bane - 18%

Last edited by georgiafan; 01-25-2021 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-17-2021, 11:19 AM   #20
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

NBA 2K - Georgiafan's 3 year realistic rebuilds / remasters

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshdaddy
Agreed on liking the goals approach. I think it gives you a more realistic approach than what 2K creates from Governors, like adding a PF when you don't need one.

Curious why you chose to use historic drafts. Was there any reason?

Yea I turned off all of the player conversation and demands for this one as from my test people that shouldn't ask for trades and to start.

The main reason was that I think it will make things more fun for me as its something I haven't ever really done. The 14 people i mentioned plus a few more like John Konkak and Bill Wennington are about the only other real life players in the draft class. So they are some modern fictional players that will go in the first some some even top 10. I'll have a article on those guys at some point. It will also allow me to not have to same exact draft class for year 1 every time i am a new team.

Last edited by georgiafan; 01-17-2021 at 11:31 AM.
Old 01-17-2021, 11:38 AM   #21
MVP

marshdaddy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Yea I turned off all of the player conversation and demands for this one as from my test people that shouldn't ask for trades and to start.

The main reason was that I think it will make things more fun for me as its something I haven't ever really done. The 14 people i mentioned plus a few more like John Konkak and Bill Wennington are about the only other real life players in the draft class. So they are some modern fictional players that will go in the first some some even top 10. I'll have a article on those guys at some point. It will also allow me to not have to same exact draft class for year 1 every time i am a new team.
That makes sense. So you're planning to restart to modern day for every franchise that you do, and not just change teams at the point in the dynasty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2021, 01:36 PM   #22
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshdaddy
That makes sense. So you're planning to restart to modern day for every franchise that you do, and not just change teams at the point in the dynasty?

Yea the plan is to restart to season 1 and start fresh instead of doing season 4,5 and 6. I think that will make it easier to follow along and remember the rosters. I do want to try out one as a new team starting at season 4. When I do that it will probably be as a bad team. I don’t think it will be the next one as I’m sure real life trades will be made along with some ratings updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-17-2021, 02:23 PM   #23
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Memphis Back to Full Strength

Finally 20 games into the season Memphis will be back to full strength and free from injuries. Justice Winslow made his debut a week ago and Jaren Jackson Jr will make his debut January 12th vs the Pacers. JJJ can't guard the perimeter and isn't a good rebounder. He can score, shoot the 3 and defend inside so is a huge addition. Winslow gives them a much needed true wing that can do a little bit of everything.

This now creates a log jam for playing time with more people needing to play then they are minutes to go around. JJJ will slide into the starting 4 spot which moves Kyle Anderson back to the bench. Memphis will be forced to go smaller now with Deing no longer in the rotation. This means you will see Brandon Clark get some time at small ball 5. Melton will hang on to his starting SG spot for now. Rookie Desmon Bane drops out of the rotation as Grayson Allen is shooting better then him.

Old 01-18-2021, 10:17 AM   #24
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Winslow Playing Well

Justice Winslow returned to action a few weeks ago after a hip injury and has been playing well since his return. Many are expecting him to join the starting lineup soon with Melton struggling. The coach said "somehow we got to find a way to get him close to 30 minutes per game"

The raw stats aren't anything mind blowing at 10.1 points, 4.9 rebounds, 2.9 assist and 42% from the field. The major factor when looking at the stats is that he is playing just 22 minutes per game and coming off the bench. Last year for example he played 32 minutes per game so he is posting similar stats in far less playing time. If you look at his per 36 minutes they are impressive 16.3 points, 7.9 rebounds and 4.7 assist. He is also shooting well from 3 going 12 of 22 which is 55%. Its not expected that he will be able to shoot that well all season. Last year he shoot just 22% from 3 so if he could just get to the 30's that would be a big improvement.

He has a team option for 13 million dollars this offseason which appears like it will be picked up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »