Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2014, 09:06 AM   #65
Rookie

ZoeK35's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

I played around with the Penalty slider first, before trying our your sliders quinn. I had Clipping, Holding, and False Starts at 75, and was seeing a nice pocket forming. With offsides at 25, I was hardly getting sacked, and it didnt feel like a jailbreak, where I would have to get rid of the ball the moment i made my dropback.

I went with your sliders at the start of the season, and like them alot. The first two games there was only a total of 5 sacks by myself and the computer. WIth me getting sacked 3 times. I also used speed threshold at 50, and noticed a difference than when on O. I like it much better on 50, I hit Jeffery on a deep fly route, where as on O i was never able to hit any WR. I have pass blocking about 10 points lower than yours, due to not seeing hardly any sacks in the first 2 games. Then against the Jets ended up getting 6 sacks in the game, from there have been getting about 3-4 a game, so not sure if I will raise up, or if its cause my guys have confidence.

The games have been a blast, each game has a different feel to it, and really have to bring a different game plan. First game beat the Bills 38-3, and the offense was really humming in both the rush and the pass. Next game against the 49ers run game was destroyed, ran 21 times for 69 yards. Was forced to throw 58 times. Still got beat though, as I had two crucial int, and my first 3 trips to the RZ resulted in FG. Thanks to you and the other guys who put the time in for these sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 10:45 AM   #66
Rookie

fhs2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeK35
I played around with the Penalty slider first, before trying our your sliders quinn. I had Clipping, Holding, and False Starts at 75, and was seeing a nice pocket forming. With offsides at 25, I was hardly getting sacked, and it didnt feel like a jailbreak, where I would have to get rid of the ball the moment i made my dropback.

I went with your sliders at the start of the season, and like them alot. The first two games there was only a total of 5 sacks by myself and the computer. WIth me getting sacked 3 times. I also used speed threshold at 50, and noticed a difference than when on O. I like it much better on 50, I hit Jeffery on a deep fly route, where as on O i was never able to hit any WR. I have pass blocking about 10 points lower than yours, due to not seeing hardly any sacks in the first 2 games. Then against the Jets ended up getting 6 sacks in the game, from there have been getting about 3-4 a game, so not sure if I will raise up, or if its cause my guys have confidence.

The games have been a blast, each game has a different feel to it, and really have to bring a different game plan. First game beat the Bills 38-3, and the offense was really humming in both the rush and the pass. Next game against the 49ers run game was destroyed, ran 21 times for 69 yards. Was forced to throw 58 times. Still got beat though, as I had two crucial int, and my first 3 trips to the RZ resulted in FG. Thanks to you and the other guys who put the time in for these sliders.
Are u using the edit rosters or the normal one? I'm with the normal rosters and sacked cutler 6 times in the opener witht he Bills. ( hope it happens in real life!lol)
Old 09-07-2014, 06:06 PM   #67
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quinn please tell me you watched that game, so much for D, maybe default is all good? Big win for the Falcons.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:44 PM   #68
Rookie

fhs2's Arena

Quinn, is you having around 120 plays per game with 15 min qtrs and 15 secs accelerated clock? I play with that and always had above 120 plays. Thanks!
Old 09-07-2014, 09:04 PM   #69
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Quinn please tell me you watched that game, so much for D, maybe default is all good? Big win for the Falcons.
Oh yeah, you better believe I saw how horrible our defense played. It is embarrassing, and it is easy to figure out what went wrong, which is just terrible in my opinion.. our D-line was non-existent. Even Jake Matthews goes out and Cameron Jordan can't get a sack or put pressure on Ryan. Akiem Hicks did nothing either. Credit to your O-line, man.

But I give credit to the coaches of the Falcons as well. Ya'll knew exactly where to attack us. Our two weakest links on the D. CB Patrick Robinson and the CB we moved to cover the slot who got burned often, Corey White. Not hard to figure out the weak links though. And that fumble by Colston was heart-breaking.

I already knew it was going to be a close game, as they are pretty much always are. I also knew you had JJ, White, HD, and even Hester (can't believe he received so well), who were all healthy and ready to go.

Hopefully this lights a fire under their a** and we wake up for the rest of the season. I have faith we can split the series when ya'll come to the Dome though. But good game, man. Ya'll deserved it, and Ryan played lights out. Not like it was a blow out though! lol :P

And go back to default sliders?! Haha, no way! Not my fault the Saints beat you in-game when you play them with the Falcons. I mean, dude, the game did go to OT afterall. lol

EDIT: And to make matters, worse.. Robert Quinn and the Rams, that front 7 (but what happened to their offense today is really to blame), got completely destroyed by the Vikings. I didn't get a chance to watch the game yet, but still will be a champ and watch it with NFL Game Rewind tomorrow.. see everything that happened. Ah well, crappy day all around. Rams were supposedly to match up well against the Vikings and their run game with that front 7. From what I've seen from the box score, the Rams did hold Peterson to 75 rushing yards, but it was Cordarrelle Patterson that killed the secondary, which certainly is the weakest chink in the D. Ah well...

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-08-2014 at 07:47 AM.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:16 PM   #70
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhs2
Quinn, is you having around 120 plays per game with 15 min qtrs and 15 secs accelerated clock? I play with that and always had above 120 plays. Thanks!
Hey fhs, about how many total plays are you seeing? Yes, I usually do get around 120-130 plays per game (maybe a sometimes a tad bit higher on how I run my offense or the CPU runs theirs), with that setting, which is about the NFL average. Now, that play total can be affected on how you play your game. If you are passing a lot, stopping the clock, going hurry up at all, can all change the total play amount.

If you aren't doing these things and are going way above the average, I suggest try adjusting the minute of quarters. Since these sliders are a base of Armor's with only tweaks, even 13 minute quarters (which some are using now with Armor's sliders) will work just fine.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-08-2014 at 07:33 AM.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:18 PM   #71
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Also, I will try to get a couple games in tonight, sometime later, after Sunday Night Football is over, especially. So, I'll probably post up box scores of those games tomorrow. I will also begin my testing on the penalty sliders.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-07-2014 at 11:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 09:22 PM   #72
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quinn I started with your base set in pre-season and liked how it felt. I have been tweaking things for more challenge as I've gone. Now in week three of regular season.

Everything is perfect for me except user rushing. Since the tuner I haven't been able to get the CPU to stop me.

I have user run block at zero now and still going for 150 on the ground

Any suggestions?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »