Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2014, 08:04 AM   #89
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Watch what you wish for, you might not be, haha
Ah well, I got my sliders you got your sliders. We can all be happy with our own tweaks. That's all that matters.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:27 AM   #90
Banned

RoDogz85's Arena

OVR: 1

Tested this set and I love it. All Pro is a challenge with these. I faced the Seahwaks (because they have a good D) as the Bengals and it was competitive. The CPU QB was making throws down the field. The running game was good (user and CPU). The only change I made was user and CPU catching down to 45. Reason being too many times a receiver would stretch out and make a one handed catch, get popped but still hold onto the ball. And I'm talking about really reaching out for the ball.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:31 PM   #91
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Made a separate post for my settings for broadcast CFM, if anyone interested, thanks to Armor, Quinn, and Aaron for all their help! Post is in madden slider thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 05:51 PM   #92
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDogz85
Tested this set and I love it. All Pro is a challenge with these. I faced the Seahwaks (because they have a good D) as the Bengals and it was competitive. The CPU QB was making throws down the field. The running game was good (user and CPU). The only change I made was user and CPU catching down to 45. Reason being too many times a receiver would stretch out and make a one handed catch, get popped but still hold onto the ball. And I'm talking about really reaching out for the ball.
Glad you like them, WR 45 catching is a bit too low for my liking, but if it's working better for you at that setting, then great. I was actually thinking of maybe one last change and just dropping WR catching several points, down to 85. I don't want to get away from what I believe is to be a more realistic setting when it is higher, just like I previously mentioned, you never see too many wide open drops with your starting WRs, but they do exist, and I've seen them on 90 catching as well, but 85 might be a sort of "sweet spot" for me.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-08-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:53 PM   #93
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Icon14 Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Made a separate post for my settings for broadcast CFM, if anyone interested, thanks to Armor, Quinn, and Aaron for all their help! Post is in madden slider thread.
Nice man, I'll check out them ASAP. Good job taking an initiative and coming up with sliders and tweaking them. It isn't that difficult, at least not as much as it was last year. Last year was a debacle, lol.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:02 PM   #94
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

So I've decided to make another small change to the gameplay sliders.

This time WR catching down to 85 from 90. This is definitely my final change to these sliders, so no more changes until I get the penalty sliders adjusted, which those should be coming sooner rather than later. Then, everything is done with these sliders. Final.

No more tweaks to gameplay sliders from here on out.

As other have made though, I encourage you to slightly tweak these sliders yourself if you feel the need to be. They are playing great for me pretty much as is. I just believe 85 catching is the so called "sweet spot" for realistic catching.

90 catching to 85 catching changed will changed in the OP.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-08-2014 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:24 PM   #95
MVP

OVR: 11

haven't use anyone sliders but will your sliders reduce sacks? blitzing seems to be way too easy on all pro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 06:24 PM   #96
Rookie

fhs2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Hey fhs, about how many total plays are you seeing? Yes, I usually do get around 120-130 plays per game (maybe a sometimes a tad bit higher on how I run my offense or the CPU runs theirs), with that setting, which is about the NFL average. Now, that play total can be affected on how you play your game. If you are passing a lot, stopping the clock, going hurry up at all, can all change the total play amount.

If you aren't doing these things and are going way above the average, I suggest try adjusting the minute of quarters. Since these sliders are a base of Armor's with only tweaks, even 13 minute quarters (which some are using now with Armor's sliders) will work just fine.
I always had above 120 plays, around 130. that's playing 15/15. I like to play 15/17, since i think at 17 the cpu QB make more adjustments on the line. But then i always get aroud 140 plays.
I was counting plays from yesterday games and some games had around 110 to 115 plays. The Bills game with OT had around 130.
So, i'll need to try, maybe like our other friend said, 14/15 or maybe even 13/17. Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »