Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2014, 09:29 PM   #505
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
JoshC1977:

I have to commend and thank you for the insight into your revelation re: the relationship between OPI / DPI...

The "discrepancy of one" has lead to two immediate observations:

1) It's now possible to complete intermediate and deep passes, because there is reduced mirroring by formerly "psychic" CPU DBs...

2) CPU QB throws to the "red route" primary receiver more often, leading to more realistic completions and in completions...

I personally, built my "house of cards" with both at 100 (as always) because I like the "five yard fight" at the LOS that is high risk / reward...I'm also of the opinion that, like the INT slider and a few other penalty sliders, it has a "universal ball pursuit" tied to it...

Anyway:

Regardless of where one prefers these to be set, the "discrepancy of one" is prob the most eye opening find I've run across in years...

And I "read and react" to ALL of this sort of thing...

Well Played, Sir!
Forgive me if I am a little dense at this hour (after an 11+ hour day at work), but I take it that you are referring to the setting of OPI/DPI to an offset of 1 (with OPI 1 notch higher than DPI)?

If so, I have to be a bit humble in that I would not have discovered this if not for the work that Matt10 and I did on the OS Community Slider set for NCAA 14.

Truth be told, the deeper I dig into this, it is utterly amazing (and a bit sad) how similar the slider settings behave between the two games. I have taken things learned from NCAA and applied them for M15 and most certainly vice versa. Both games have their unique quirks (such as the QB AI on M15 or the DB 'dropback' glitch on curl patterns in NCAA 14) but they fundamentally respond to slider changes very similarly.

If we could somehow 'fix' the QB AI; this game would be absolutely golden....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2014, 09:30 PM   #506
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
JoshC1977:

I have to commend and thank you for the insight into your revelation re: the relationship between OPI / DPI...

The "discrepancy of one" has lead to two immediate observations:

1) It's now possible to complete intermediate and deep passes, because there is reduced mirroring by formerly "psychic" CPU DBs...

2) CPU QB throws to the "red route" primary receiver more often, leading to more realistic completions and in completions...

I personally, built my "house of cards" with both at 100 (as always) because I like the "five yard fight" at the LOS that is high risk / reward...I'm also of the opinion that, like the INT slider and a few other penalty sliders, it has a "universal ball pursuit" tied to it...

Anyway:

Regardless of where one prefers these to be set, the "discrepancy of one" is prob the most eye opening find I've run across in years...

And I "read and react" to ALL of this sort of thing...

Well Played, Sir!
What exactly do you mean by the "discrepancy of one"?

I'm very intrigued by the OPI/DPI penalty sliders, but am torn on what setting works best. I see a lot if inconsistencies with it. If you could expand on your thoughts and what you're seeing, that would be much appreciated.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:17 PM   #507
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

By "Discrepancy of One" I refer to JoshC1977 (and apparently Matt10's) assertion that setting OPI one click higher than DPI creates proper separation and limits mirroring...

I always kept them them equal, which this year esp. is NOT the preferred option...

Didn't think my post was that obtuse, but hey...

BTW: Really got a lot of great info from that NCAA "Community Slider" thread as well...it's pretty hefty, but there's also plenty of sound testing / conclusions therein...

Thanks again!
Old 12-08-2014, 10:33 PM   #508
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
By "Discrepancy of One" I refer to JoshC1977 (and apparently Matt10's) assertion that setting OPI one click higher than DPI creates proper separation and limits mirroring...

I always kept them them equal, which this year esp. is NOT the preferred option...

Didn't think my post was that obtuse, but hey...

BTW: Really got a lot of great info from that NCAA "Community Slider" thread as well...it's pretty hefty, but there's also plenty of sound testing / conclusions therein...

Thanks again!
Obtuse....not at all (I just wanted to be sure we were referring to the same thing)

Well, your post prompted me to try something I haven't done in a while on this game for a while. I have only played one half (watching Matt Barkley play nicely subbing in for an injured Foles, who I injured in the 1st quarter ; and after getting 1 1st half sack...a near record for All Pro, especially using the Redskins' good pass rush unit) but I wanted to post these updates.

First off...

OPI 75
DPI 74
(As pointed out above....just enough separation...some awesome animations here and nice, tight coverage)

PCV 21/21 to allow for a little less free-lancing in the secondary

IG at 79 (helping the CPU QB get rid of the ball more frequently)

50 False Start and 80 for holding (yes, I am ending the 1/1 experiment...it looks pretty, but is less effective overall)

I'm updating the OP here in a second....
Old 12-09-2014, 12:38 PM   #509
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey Josh,

I am seeing a lot of dropped int by the CPU, to the point where its bothering me. Clear int are being dropped to the point where the CPU will go a whole game without one INT when they have 5 or 6 chances. Would you recommend increasing INT to 50 for the CPU or will that have other negative effects?

Last edited by hesterj89; 12-09-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:02 PM   #510
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

I have incorporated the OPI/DPI 75/74 numbers and have gone back to the QB Accuracy of 6/6....And I have to say, there is a very nice feel here...
Old 12-09-2014, 07:16 PM   #511
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesterj89
Hey Josh,

I am seeing a lot of dropped int by the CPU, to the point where its bothering me. Clear int are being dropped to the point where the CPU will go a whole game without one INT when they have 5 or 6 chances. Would you recommend increasing INT to 50 for the CPU or will that have other negative effects?
I wouldn't go THAT high that quickly. Try 35 for a few games and if that still isn't to your liking, try 40 and so on. It would not shock me if 35 does the trick for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 08:28 PM   #512
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27

I know these sliders are for current gen, but do you feel that they can also be effective on last gen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »