Home

the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

This is a discussion on the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 05:03 PM   #113
Banned

OVR: 0
Cool Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
The community is getting 'parched' b/c no 'brew' has been passed over to us for a shot bruh!

Its time to pass along the beta brew homie!

We are almost there, bear with me, I believe for those that prefer ALL-JOHNM mode, the wait will be WELL WORTH it....

Finishing testing on the following game play attributes that I believe my brew has dialed in:

1) More organic reactions on CPU QB play, including: read WR progressions while feet dance and stay nimble, move around the pocket, occasionally take off and pick up positive yards with the feet, more attempts to hit receivers down field, reduce the amount of times CPU QB defaults to the dump-off underneath, tame/eliminate(?) Robo QB

2) More organic reactions on CPU RB play, including: Aggressiveness, more tackle breaking efforts, better vision, better cut backs

3) More organic reactions on WR/DB play, including: Better route running (especially by the RED ROUTE/PRIMARY RECEIVER on a particular pass play, better "fighting/jostling" for a pass in the air, more stickiness on man coverage by HUM DB's, less one arm tackles from DB's to stop ball carriers

4) More organic reactions from LB's and DL, including: Ideal "peel rate" from O-Line run blocking for LB and D-Line, improved awareness by LB's on wide runs, improved awareness from LB's to break off a zone coverage and rush the CPU QB to force a bad throw

5) More organic reactions on O-Line play, including: Less "suction blocking", much improved "wall-blocking" for sweeps and outside runs

6) More organic reactions from D-Line play, including: more aggressiveness and intelligence from stud D-Linemen, improved bull rushing and swim moves from those D-Linemen that have this trait

M15 has been a BEAST to tame, but I SEE THE LIGHT at the end of the tunnel....

I had to abandon a lot of previous held beliefs that I had settled into while preparing the ALL-PRO mods, and also previous steadfast beliefs that the overall OS community has held dear, since penalties began to matter in Madden...

In fact, to tame ROBO-QB and achieve more realistic completion percentages for CPU QB, YOU MUST bring the heat from your D-LINE!!!! The challenge is how to bring the heat with 3 or 4 man rushes and still have the CPU QB maintain a semblance of awareness to avoid the CPU QB sack glitch....

And while on the subject of CPU QB sack glitch, the OS community has to get a grip and define what a true CPU QB sack glitch is/looks like .... Bringing the house and getting a sack IS NOT necessarily a CPU QB sack glitch.... Bringing the house, and getting the blitz picked up by the CPU O-Line and the CPU QB just stands there until he gets sacked WOULD BE A CPU QB sack glitch.... I have come to the conclusion that if the CPU QB makes a SINCERE effort to move his feet, scramble right, left or forward in the pocket, leave the pocket, or move around the pocket to BUY TIME due to a fly route being called by the CPU offensive coordinator, AND THEN I get the sack, I am sorry, but these ARE ALL tell-tale signs in the real NFL, that the chances of a sack going down go through the roof, so I am chalking up all of these type of sacks as L-E-G-I-T....

Additionally, sacrifices needed to be made to get the game play to be more organic:

1) Adios a realistic mix of penalties called
2) Adios realistic amount of fumbles
3) Adios consistent & smooth looking CPU QB throwing mechanics
4) Adios WR pass drops
5) Hello a slightly annoying amount of FACEMASK (FCMSK) and ROUGHING THE PASSER (RTP) penalties; nothing crazy, and the way I look at it, if four to five, 15 yard penalties are called in some games due to FCMSK and/or RTP penalties, how is this different than the mix of holding, passing interference, late hit, etc., penalties that are seen ever Monday, Thursday and Sunday on the flattie? If y'all haven't been paying attention, there are a lot of yellow napkins flying in the real NFL...

Still am torn on how to deal with FATIGUE and INJURY sliders, since raising the FATIGUE to high truly kills the ability to take back kickoffs and punts back to the house with the way that my PENALTY SLIDERS needed to be tuned and the fact that I have chosen to build around RUN BLK sliders set at zero...

Stay tuned...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg work in progress.jpg (4.6 KB, 192 views)

Last edited by theSliderWhisperer; 11-09-2014 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:02 AM   #114
Banned

Icon6 Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Ladies... Final polishes are in the works... Just sent my ALL-JOHNM slider mods to my crew for final testing and they will play the mods until Friday and then provide me statistical and game play/feel feedback to analyze....

On Saturday I will spend all day analyzing, maybe do some final tweaks, and then I plan to drop the beta set of the Whiz's ALL-JOHNM mods on the worldwide Madden community, no later than NEXT Monday (11/17, just in time to save your Thanksgiving!) ...

My PM and eMail are BLOWIN' up ... Gettin' shout outs from my peeps stationed abroad protecting our flag (was hoping to surprise them with a Veteran's Day gift, but just am pressed for time), shout outs from pimps who have been waiting to set up their 'chises, hell even my bud over at EA is buggin' me for the brew...

Patience kemosabes, they are worth the wait ....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Patience.jpg (29.0 KB, 166 views)
Old 11-11-2014, 12:34 PM   #115
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Haven't followed this thread since you first posted you are making sliders and just looked at your sliders and I will definitly be trying them out. I love the defense settings you suggest. I tweaked others sliders I've use by moving those numbers around close to yours. I was tired of defenders jumping in routes. For example, even though the wideout got position and turned the cb around on an in route, the cb jumps the route even though the wide out is still a step or two away from making his cut. Very annoying not being able to take advantage of a good release and throw an anticipation pass just to have the computers spider sense knock it down or get a pick.
One question, what would happen if I move the INT slider up? To make it tougher for myself I usual have them higher than most. To many should be picks get dropped. If I make a bad throw I have no problem paying the price.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2014, 10:48 PM   #116
Banned

Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRIPP81
Haven't followed this thread since you first posted you are making sliders and just looked at your sliders and I will definitly be trying them out. I love the defense settings you suggest. I tweaked others sliders I've use by moving those numbers around close to yours. I was tired of defenders jumping in routes. For example, even though the wideout got position and turned the cb around on an in route, the cb jumps the route even though the wide out is still a step or two away from making his cut. Very annoying not being able to take advantage of a good release and throw an anticipation pass just to have the computers spider sense knock it down or get a pick.
One question, what would happen if I move the INT slider up? To make it tougher for myself I usual have them higher than most. To many should be picks get dropped. If I make a bad throw I have no problem paying the price.

JGRIPP:

You may want to wait a few days since I hope to be dropping the ALL-JOHNM mods on the Madden community soon... The ALL-JOHNM mods, in my humble opinion, can, and do, provide a better game play experience than my ALL-PRO mods.

I may re-visit my ALL-PRO mods after the ALL-JOHNM experience and incorporate my refined knowledge for the inner workings of M15....

I can share with you that in a some key areas, what has been written and "proselytized" as sound slider theory, the Whiz, and likely others in the OS community, may have been off point. As an example, the Whiz has identified one slider mod in particular that impacts the realism of the outcome of a game. Unfortunately, the OS community, as well as the Whiz, had not properly accounted for this slider mod and have dialed it in incorrectly, thus impacting the outcome of every game played. I am not sure if previous oversights have contributed to the ongoing frustration with M15, but I am sure that it certainly did not contribute to moving the needle forward...

The Whiz looks forward to sharing his new-found appreciation for M15, because properly tuned, M15 can deliver some truly memorable game experiences. Is the game perfect? Hardly. Can it be tuned to improve upon the common gripes shared thus far here in the OS community? I believe so, but the ultimate judge will be the thousand's of gamer's that opt to give the Whiz's ALL-JOHNM slider mods a spin...

Stay tuned...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg lightbulbs.jpg (4.2 KB, 132 views)
Old 11-12-2014, 07:20 AM   #117
Rookie

OVR: 3

I disagree. The game is unplayable. I adjusted settings to make the game as hard as possible and still I average over 5 yards a carry. This is without even breaking lose for a big run. I even tried letting the CPU control the rb.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:40 PM   #118
Banned

Icon6 Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felkmaster
I disagree. The game is unplayable. I adjusted settings to make the game as hard as possible and still I average over 5 yards a carry. This is without even breaking lose for a big run. I even tried letting the CPU control the rb.

Uuuuuuh, what is the context of your disagreement, since I have yet to drop the ALL-JOHNM mods for the Madden community to experience, and more specifically, for you to disagree with them...

I would be interested in seeing your settings, especially since you seem to have tried to mod the game so that it's game play is as hard as possible. I assume that you are quite aware then that "maxing" sliders to 99 or even 100, does not mean that you are making the game as hard as possible. In fact, depending on which sliders you "maxed" you may have actually converted All-Madden into All-Rookie!

Letting the CPU control the RB is actually one of my favorite ways to play Madden, as I am assured to get an accurate representation of the RB's abilities, at least from D. Moore's point of view (curse you Donnie!!!).

The fact that you average 5 yards per carry, without even busting loose for a hay-maker, without even knowing your mod settings, leads me to conclude that you have slider mods that are not in harmony, and in fact, are in conflict because you have much too much "stickiness" at the O-Line/D-Line point of contact and furthermore that the linebackers are too slow to react to sweeps and tosses.... These are all issues that can fixed by dialing in well thought out mods....

But looking into my Madden Mods manual, on page 437, I think that I may have found just what you need to TRULY make M15 "as hard as possible" to play....

Cheers!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg blindfold no peeking.jpg (4.0 KB, 98 views)

Last edited by theSliderWhisperer; 11-12-2014 at 11:58 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:57 AM   #119
MVP

tyler28's Arena

Question Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Looks like your still not ready to unveil the all madden sliders. Boo. But I was wondering if you could give a sleek peek to your pass reaction and coverage settings. I feel that no matter what defense I play the results are about the same from game to game. I'm looking for it to play more realistic in that if I play a terrible pass d. I light it up and vice versa. I am also having the issue with rushing for 5ypc. Every game. I've tried multiple combos of sliders so km not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:03 PM   #120
MVP

OVR: 3

@SliderWhiz-zel -

Playa...playa...play...got a question for you...

So one of your 'house rules' in this upcoming All-Madden set is to player lock w/ the QB since you don't control the RB or WRs (I think you mentioned WRs previously)...I'm just a bit concerned b/c of the All-Madden skill level that if the CPU takes control that our disadvantage will be greater...but who knows...I ain't the Whiz-zel..

Send me a shout out homie...

Last edited by PhiPsi1; 11-13-2014 at 09:06 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »