Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2015, 12:08 AM   #609
Rookie

dsmith710's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
(hoping that this was with tonight's setup)
If it's for both sides, try adjusting the main menu offensive holding to 20.

...and I share your pain about All Madden ....I'm debating right now about possibly building my own All Madden set.
I've had enough of All-Madden. I thought I could make it work but too much CPU stuff happens and I play no switch. I'm going back to All-Pro.

Things I'm not sure about being slider related or general game programming but for instance, on playaction. It'll look like I have 3 defenders ready to kill the QB, once there is playaction they go after the RB for a split second, then they seem lost and unsure what to do instead of just continuing on to the quarterback.

Another example, CPU ran to the outside, I had 1 guy there ready to make the tackle and had a safety about 10 yards away coming in on an angle. The RB broke the first tackle and started stumbling trying to gather himself, during that animation my safety decided to run toward the o-line, then once the runner reestablished his feet the safety went back to pursuing him. 39 yards later was a little late.

These types of things confuse/irritate the heck out of me and I don't know if sliders can fix it
Old 11-29-2015, 03:23 AM   #610
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

OVR: 0

I tried all-pro with the all-madden setup and sliders, game play felt a lot tighter and more realistic, in my opinion. The game has become fun again to me. The all madden shenanigans are just horrendous to deal with.

Last edited by Big Bankhead; 11-29-2015 at 04:35 AM.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:04 AM   #611
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith710
I've had enough of All-Madden. I thought I could make it work but too much CPU stuff happens and I play no switch. I'm going back to All-Pro.

Things I'm not sure about being slider related or general game programming but for instance, on playaction. It'll look like I have 3 defenders ready to kill the QB, once there is playaction they go after the RB for a split second, then they seem lost and unsure what to do instead of just continuing on to the quarterback.

Another example, CPU ran to the outside, I had 1 guy there ready to make the tackle and had a safety about 10 yards away coming in on an angle. The RB broke the first tackle and started stumbling trying to gather himself, during that animation my safety decided to run toward the o-line, then once the runner reestablished his feet the safety went back to pursuing him. 39 yards later was a little late.

These types of things confuse/irritate the heck out of me and I don't know if sliders can fix it
They irritate the heck out of me too. I would be totally fine with the AM speed boost if it weren't for little things like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bankhead
I tried all-pro with the all-madden setup and sliders, game play felt a lot tighter and more realistic, in my opinion. The game has become fun again to me. The all madden shenanigans are just horrendous to deal with.
It's a balanced setup, so it makes sense that it would work well. I'd just be surprised though if the CPU could maintain their run game on AP with those settings. But....that said, you have given me an idea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2015, 02:03 PM   #612
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Okay Josh:

Defensive Holding:

At higher settings, I see the MLB in a deep zone knock receivers off crossing / drag routes, by grabbing at them...

I'm betting it's also a modifier of strength and duration of press coverage...

What else do you think it does?

For instance:

Do you think it has anything to do with WR / DB interaction beyond the LOS / downfield?
Old 11-29-2015, 02:54 PM   #613
Rookie

dsmith710's Arena

OVR: 1

Playing a game on All-Pro I just saw illegal touching called. Negated a TD. I was stunned. It's not even on the penalty slider list haha
Old 11-29-2015, 03:13 PM   #614
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Okay Josh:

Defensive Holding:

At higher settings, I see the MLB in a deep zone knock receivers off crossing / drag routes, by grabbing at them...

I'm betting it's also a modifier of strength and duration of press coverage...

What else do you think it does?

For instance:

Do you think it has anything to do with WR / DB interaction beyond the LOS / downfield?
It definitely affects the duration of press coverage.....I tested it a while back by setting it super low and guys who were pressed got by them like a hot knife through butter. So, we definitely agree on that point.

I'm not sure about downfield though...if they were close enough, it might trigger another hold, but I'm not sure.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:10 PM   #615
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

So with all this nonsense of main menu settings affecting CFM settings would it stand to chance that the actual game play sliders might work in the same way. I mean we already make sure it's set to AP or AM (whichever you play) in both main menu and CFM. Now we need auto subs and penalties playing off each other as well. What if adjusting sliders can help find, as King would say, that in between value for certain sliders. Just a random thought I had driving home from work. This game makes my head hurt lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2015, 06:17 PM   #616
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
So with all this nonsense of main menu settings affecting CFM settings would it stand to chance that the actual game play sliders might work in the same way. I mean we already make sure it's set to AP or AM (whichever you play) in both main menu and CFM. Now we need auto subs and penalties playing off each other as well. What if adjusting sliders can help find, as King would say, that in between value for certain sliders. Just a random thought I had driving home from work. This game makes my head hurt lol.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing after the penalty / levels thing...

But decided not to open THAT can of worms...

Yet?

IF I were to do that, I guess the most reasonable / logical / expedient method would be to make your set inside of CFM "Default" (All 50) and then use the Main Menu to "influence" those values...

Since sliders like QBA / FUM / PCV / TAK influence CPU playcalls, then having the Defulat set inside CFM would "playcall" as default and the Main Menu settings could be used to lower things like QBA without suffering the consequence of having the CPU overplay the run, etc...

Intriguing!

Last edited by KingV2k3; 11-29-2015 at 07:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »