Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2017, 07:06 PM   #3521
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Hey man I need the picture from the other sliders that you took down. I'm using them...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2017, 07:25 PM   #3522
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I have made what will likely be my last major update to the Opening Post. I decided to remove the old set from the OP based on the feedback here and my own play. I never really expected such overwhelming support for it...I figured more people would get hung-up on the subbing situation. But, this set plays such a wonderful brand of football that it has even been cutting into my time with The Show. I just feel that keeping the old set would be offering an inferior option that would cause confusion.

Let's not forget: aside from the main menu game speed tweak....this is EA's game....this is the game that they gave to us....and it is terrific. Unfortunately, you change just about anything and you break it....so 99% of the players probably don't realize just how good this is.

I have also updated the Opening Post intro and made it specific to this default set and made a long-needed adjustment to the suggested schemes (I'm sorry, I did it on the fly and did not record what I changed.....sorry). These are not required by any means, but do add to the pleasure. The main theme of my adjustments was to tone down the number of offenses using the vertical scheme...just way too many bombs. I also feel like the schemes have been playing more truly to what you would expect based on their labels. I am still very strongly against using the 'balanced offense' scheme for any CPU opponent as the play calling is just way too repetitive.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:31 PM   #3523
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldan1991
Hey man I need the picture from the other sliders that you took down. I'm using them...
LOL...figures....

Seriously, just search through the thread...I always post them in the thread when I first post a set...not just in the OP.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 04-24-2017 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:47 PM   #3524
Pro

Ok. And I am one that's hung up on no subs. Its a big part of the game for me which is why I chose to use the other set. I didn't see much difference between them. I'm biased towards better subbing I guess. If I start using formation subs for me then ill have to do it for every team and I just don't have time for all that. I want ea to make a game I can just install and play that works properly.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:47 PM   #3525
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

Could you imagine a game in where every skill and penalty slider worked correctly, and exclusively to itself without spilling all over the place? Weird.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2017, 08:49 PM   #3526
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldan1991
Ok. And I am one that's hung up on no subs. Its a big part of the game for me which is why I chose to use the other set. I didn't see much difference between them. I'm biased towards better subbing I guess. If I start using formation subs for me then ill have to do it for every team and I just don't have time for all that. I want ea to make a game I can just install and play that works properly.
Yes, we're all aware of that.....lol. Look, I get it, we all get hung-up on different things. I'm no different.

I will ALWAYS put gameplay ahead of everything else. I try to do what I can to get other aspects involved (like subbing, penalties, and so on). But, if they adversely affect gameplay, I won't do it. That is where we are now.

The OP is nothing more than a reflection the current thinking and what I am currently supporting but I always try to leave old sets alone within the body of the thread so we have a historical record. It's extremely rare that I have more than 1 active OP set at one time. I initially thought that they were pretty equal, but the more time I put into the OP set, the more I realized just how much better it is...

You, just like everyone else, is welcome to use whatever set within the thread that you want....it's your game....

Last edited by JoshC1977; 04-24-2017 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:33 PM   #3527
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Highlight montage of my last game. Really cool looking plays. I am really digging the fluidness of it. So great. On the last highlight my QB gets crushed way late and they were called for unnecessary roughness. It was on 3rd down to. My WR also takes a shot lol.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:55 PM   #3528
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Highlight montage of my last game. Really cool looking plays. I am really digging the fluidness of it. So great. On the last highlight my QB gets crushed way late and they were called for unnecessary roughness. It was on 3rd down to. My WR also takes a shot lol.
LOL....I love it....it's the "little things" with the interactions and animations that are just terrific. It has a much more lifelike feel to it.

I love seeing those plays where a RB can truck or knock a smaller corner out of his way just to get plowed by a bigger/stronger LB right afterwards....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »