Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2016, 05:59 PM   #633
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Wow that bad? Interesting! I will toy with field goal settings only just out of sheer morbid curiosity. Going to pick up a second controller right now
If you do, just do it within franchise mode....leave the ones in the main menu alone. Let me know how it goes
Old 09-05-2016, 06:01 PM   #634
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
If you do, just do it within franchise mode....leave the ones in the main menu alone. Let me know how it goes
Roger that
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 09-05-2016, 06:35 PM   #635
Banned

Brightline's Arena

OVR: 0

I am unsure how this works. If only playing cfm is there a reason to also set the main menu sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2016, 06:51 PM   #636
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
A couple of housekeeping items:
  • Defender pursuit, fatigue, injuries, and penalties (if possible) are still on my list of things to look at in order of importance.
  • I have a massive project at work this week that has to be done next Monday. I'm going to have extremely limited play time in the interim...but sorry, work pays the bills, sliders don't
  • Really double-check and even triple-check your settings. I played a game on Twitch last night and I had a setting messed up that affected things.
  • It was posted last night, but might have been buried. But, I did bump CFM fatigue back to 55 last night. It is reflected in the OP.

Mini-rant time....

Raise your hand if you are here to play football? Me too....I'm not here to play Strat-O-Matic....

Even Madden football is not some arcane number-crunching ordeal...it should feel like a living, breathing thing. The term average does not mean that every game plays the same way every time with the exact same stats every single time....it means that over the course of a season, this is what the typical game measures out as.

I had a game last night where I scored on a long TD run because the gap LB tripped over the leg of one of the o-linemen. Had he not tripped, he would've stopped me for a big loss...instead, it is a 71 yard TD....inflating what have been nearly "perfect" final numbers. But hell....stuff like that happens in the NFL....plays are often made or broken by a matter of mere inches.

That's the unpredictability I want....but guess what, that means higher variance from game to game stats....meaning, you need a larger sample size before drawing statistically-based conclusions. I can build sliders from the stats I get from my games, but they will be "Josh's sliders for himself"...plus it would be boring as **it. I look at sliders from an animation/reaction perspective - do the actions on the field match what we would see (within reason) on Sunday?

So what does that mean? It means you sometimes get blowouts, sometimes you get beat down, sometimes you get a low scoring game and others are shootouts. It means sometimes a great player makes a ridiculous play for a big gain...it means sometimes a mediocre player sucks wad...guess what...welcome to football.

Don't get me wrong....I love seeing boxscores and hearing about great/crappy games. But my goal is getting dynamic gameplay where anything can happen and have every game feel different. Yes, there are still some flaws to be fixed and I am working on them, but that goes into the bucket of not wanting to see the same things every game (whether it be overpowered run games, underpowered passing games, etc.). Once we get the core gameplay right, stats will take care of themselves over the long haul.

...end rant
Old 09-05-2016, 06:57 PM   #637
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
I am unsure how this works. If only playing cfm is there a reason to also set the main menu sliders?
Yes, they dramatically effect gameplay within CFM.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:59 PM   #638
MVP

OVR: 6

Man these are NICE. The variety is excellent. Just had Big Ben carve my D up! Wasn't cheesy, just terrific execution. Hung in until late but that steeler offense was just too much.

Saw a good variety of subs this game, just wish my OL wouldn't sub out. Only happened for maybe 7 plays, but I hate that. May be the small trade off for gameplay though.

I'm in desperate need of a win after dropping 3 straight to go to 5-6, Baltimore coming to town next
Old 09-05-2016, 07:07 PM   #639
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Speaking of making sure settings are right. My auto subs weren't set right. K guess I didn't save them so I played two games in a row. No wonder I wasn't seeing subs!

I did have Bridgewater move out of the pocket multiple times to avoid sacks. He even ran for 44 yards on 4 carries. One was a 20 yard td!

Moved special teams back to default. Had no idea if would affect other areas.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2016, 07:08 PM   #640
Banned

Brightline's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Yes, they dramatically effect gameplay within CFM.
Thanks, I will try these tonight

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »