Home

Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2018, 12:32 PM   #777
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Updated the original OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
9/14/2018

Okay, these won’t play a whole game, but you do get good stats with this set if you play the moments. I recommend to NOT actually watch more than 30-40 plays.

How to do play key moments:
In game, go to super sim.
Mash X(on xbox) change game speed to normal.
Custom play options>>>>Play the key moments.
When a Key Moment occurs, go back to super sim and change speed to Slow then jump to next play/jump forward, which ever is applicable. If it’s a big third down, I jump to next play, sometime i keep watching, mainly second half.

I try to watch as few plays as possible in the first half, maybe 10-15. Then I splurge in the second half. I may start pitch counting each play i watch and give myself a 40 play limit. If deflections are too high i may go 35.

Also be sure to do this when after sliders and autosubs and settings are set FINAL STEP-QUIT MADDEN WHEN SLIDERS ARE INPUTTED, START A GAME WHEN YOU RESTART. THIS SEEMS TO HELP THE SLIDERS STICK AND WORK BETTER. I DO THIS AFTER EACH GAME. DOESN’T TAKE LONG.

Delete your profile.

Here’s a how to:
https://youtu.be/kvMIhj9qUs8

Upon setup choose Advanced (all madden) and SIM style

Main Menu

Difficulty - all madden
Injuries - 50 ****will be different in cfm
Fatigue - 66
Quarter Length -15
Gamestyle: SIM
Acc Clock - On 15 second runoff (since the patch qbs dont really audible anymore since the patch, i think it was the thing that made the punter snap the ball so fast. Threw stuff off track.)
Game Speed - normal
Min Threshold - 0
Ballhawk - Off
Heat seeker - Off
Auto Strafe - Off
Switch Assist - Off
Flip Play - off
HB Moves - Manual
Coach Mode: OFF>>>>>>>>>pretty big one. With it on, the cpu controlled team will have a huge case of Robo QB
Visual Feedback - Off
Even Teams - Off

MAIN MENU
0 out the gameplay sliders for human and cpu, but leave special teams and penalties at default, BUT TURN OFF OFFENSIVE PASS INTERFERENCE.

Volume control

Stadium Speakers 45
On field 25
Broadcasters 90
Crowd 95

Visual Settings
Play Call Style - SLIM
Play Call Button Layout - default
Previous Play Information - On
On Field Visual Feedback - Off
Drive Goals & XP Feedback - Off
Franchise Bottom Line Ticker - off
Franchise Gameplan Boost Notification - Off
Coaching Tips - Off
Pre-Snap Menu - off
Player Names - off

Camera Toggle - on
Passing Cam - on
Offensive Camera Settings - broadcast
Defensive Camera - broadcast
other cam-Standard
Controller Vibration-OFF, so it’ll forget the controller is connected. If vibration is on, may remember you’re human. Anything to kill the glitchiness and miracle comebacks.
Enlarge On Field Graphics - Off
Color Blindness - Normal Vision
Brightness - Default
Contrast - Default

Before you start CFM, in the coach selection screen, go to league options and input these:

CFM League Settings

Skill Level - All pro>>>>>>>be sure to switch this
Game Speed - Normal
League Type - COACHES ONLY
Instant Starer - Off (treat this the same as coach firing)
Trade Deadline - On
Trade Type - Enable All
Coach Firing - ON (this is a must, stops cheating and bending for human controlled squad)
Salary Cap - On
Relocation Settings - Normal
Injury - On
Pre Existing Injury - OFF (i think this helps too many injuries, you want 4-8 a game. With a couple causing at least a week of missed time.
Practice Squad Stealing - On
Player Progression Frequency - End of the season (thinks this helps with the momentum swings)

All this stuff optional:
Fill Roster - off
Re-Sign Players - off
Progress Players - off
Sign Off-Season Free Agents - off
Tutorial Pop-Ups - off

Soon as the CFM starts, enter these, but mash Y/Import Custom Sliders and the zeroes appear from Main Menu, then mash X/Reset, it’ll be all 50s. Now change them.

Gameplay
QB Accuracy - 66
Pass Blocking - 35
WR Catching - 53
Run Blocking - 85
Fumbles - 35

Pass Defense Reaction Time - 53
Interceptions - 15
Pass Coverage - 53
Tackling - 37

Injuries - 24***still testing (Set to 55 when you’re not playing, so when advancing the week to get better simmed injuries.)
Fatigue - 66
Player Speed Parity Scale - 55

FG Power - 50
FG Accuracy -50
Punt Power - 50
Punt Accuracy - 50
Kickoff Power - 50

Penalties
Offside - 60
False Start - 40
Offensive Holding - 70
Defensive Holding - 65*****this has a lot to do with TE’s catching the ball or did so before the patch
Facemask - 53
Defensive Pass Interference - 85
Illegal Block In The Back - 70
Roughing The Passer - 51
OFFENSIVE PI-OFF>>>>DIDNT SEE THIS WORKING UNTIL POSTPATCH

Auto subs:
Several options with Running backs
99/96 for teams like the Steelers that have a stud back.
99/97 gives the number 2 a few more carries
99/98 teams like New England that use lots of backs.
ALL OTHER AUTO SUBS AT DEFAULT. CHANGE HERE, I USED TO DO DLINEMAN, BUT IT PLAYS BETTER IF DLINEMEN ARE DEFAULT 80/60.

In the past you had to input autosubs for both teams. Not sure if it’s still the same, i feel more comfortable having both coaches usered so i do it for both.

If you don’t want to use autosubs, keep fatigue at 66. Probably wont get the same kind of pass rush and there will be other things you may not see as well, like proper back rotation, teams with depth being better, etc, real football stuff. The “hidden yardage” of the game.

FINAL STEP-QUIT MADDEN WHEN SLIDERS ARE INPUTTED, START A GAME WHEN YOU RESTART. THIS SEEMS TO HELP THE SLIDERS STICK AND WORK BETTER.

Can’t wait to hear feedback.

In the past you had to input autosubs for both teams. Not sure if it’s still the same, i feel more comfortable having both coaches usered so i do it for both.

If you don’t want to use autosubs, keep fatigue at 6. Probably wont get the same kind of pass rush and there will be other things you may not see as well, like proper back rotation, teams with depth being better, etc, real football stuff. The “hidden yardage” of the game.

Can’t wait to hear feedback.

Auto subs chart for all teams.

Team’s Individual Running Back Auto Subs chart:

***these are for the current rosters. It’ll be different in different seasons and after injuries. If a team doesn’t have but one good back, run 99/96. If they have two good back 99/97. If they have several good backs 99/98/
Bears: 99/96
Why? Two good backs. Howard starts and is the power back in specialty sets, Cohen is third down specialty back. This should give Howard 15+ carries and get cohen in on pass situations for splash plays but cohen will rotate in in 3-6 runs (depends on the effort used in the runs) plays and give Howard a rest. Also if you look at autosubs, you’ll see that cohen is already in a lot of the shotgun formations, so you want Howard to get most of the snaps with the under center sets. 71 rated Cunningham is behind him at power back. So he migh see 1-6 carries or even more if they really ground and pound.

Bengals: 99/97 Bernard (84)and Mixon (82) need to be mixed in and out. Mixon is the power back (75) Bernard the 3rd down (84). This should keep their carries even and give them proper spells so they can be a 1-2 punch.

Bills: 99/97
McCoy 90 rating and ivory 80 rating. Pretty deep with cadet (74)and jones (73). McCoy is 3rd down back and ivory the power back. Cadet backs them both up in this. So you should see 3 backs get snaps and carries possible jones may get a couple. Nice depth for the bills.

Broncos: 99/98
They don’t have a go to guy. Here you want them to be a platoon Shaud and with this rating and the way their default specialty subs are set, you should see lots of backs get carries if the broncos get the run game going.

Browns 99/98
Really like these three backs together. Very underrated squad. Chubb’s the back up power back. All three should get good amount of carries if run game is going with this setting.

Bucs 99/98
This is a lesser version of the Browns. And it’s set up to get the same kind of results, except there’s 4 backs you want to see them use hear. 99/98 should get them all some snaps.

Cards: 99/96
Johnson needs to get the majority of carries because the depth is weaker.

Chargers: 99/97
Gordon should get 70-80 percent of the carries and ekeler should get the rest.

Chiefs: 99/98
Best depth on the game. 90, 80, 79, 79 are how the backs are and this setting should get all of the backs into the game the way their specialty subs are set.

Cowboys-99/97
Elliot gets most of the carries.

Colts 99/97

Dolphins: 99/97
Drake and gore should split the carries with gore the power back and drake the starter and third down guy.

Eagles: 99/98
Lots of good depth and the specialty subs help get them on the field

Falcons: 99/98
Free starts and has the specialty positions sewed up, but Coleman needs to get snaps too.

49ers 99/96
Not much depth past McKinnon. Fullback is power pack.

Giants 99/98
Pretty good depth, the 1 and 2 guys almost have the same ratings.

Jags 99/96
Fournette is formation subbed in the under center plays and Yeldon the shotgun. This helps keep fournette in for those under center plays.

Jets: 99/98
Lots of role players. Starter only starts. The backup is the power bck and 3down guy.

Lions 99/98

Panthers 99/97
Pretty good depth here with specialty subs too.

Packers 99/98

Pats 99/98
They use everybody

Raiders: 99/97
Aging lynch has decent depth

Rams: 99/96
It’s Gurley Gurley Gurley but very little depth TG III should get most of the carries

Ravens 99/97
Good role players on the bench

Redskins 99/97
Pretty good role players even with guide missing. If your roster has guide uninjured, do 99/98

Saints 99/98
They use lots of backs

Seahawks 99/98
Bunch of rile players no star. Get them all out there.

Steelers 99/96
Keep bell on the field as much as possible without wearing him out.

Texans: 99/96
Good starter, decent back up, not very deep.

Titans 99/97
Specialty subs take of these guys.

Vikings: 99/97
Two good guys at the top who split the specialty positions. This should even their carries.

FICTIONAL CUSTOM DRAFT CLASS INFO
Been helping raider4eva and cwsapp with Custom Draft Classes for xbox side. These draft classes are fictional, but they’re making draft mags and scouting reports and mocks and all kinds of stuff. I’ve been helping by writing stories. It follows high school seniors, incoming freshmen. You name it, they got it.

I’m gonna use real draft classes in 19 and 20 and then shift into their fictional world. They plan on releasing 20 draft classes by Christmas. They’ve already got 2 completed.

Here’s a link to their page. Again this is for xbox only. I’m gonna add this to the op.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...aider4eva.html

Sent from my iPad

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts

Last edited by tommycoa; 09-14-2018 at 04:11 PM.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:39 PM   #778
MVP

Getting the strange feeling that Play Key Moments may be the only way to go for right now.

Seems like when you watch it on normal and just get text messages for field action, and just play the moments, the game gets better calibrated when these text messages run.

Gameplay is way more consistent with play key moments. When you slow watch an entire game, it doesn’t look like a total clusterfrick, but it’s just not as consistent as Play the Key Moments.

I’m watcing about 33 percent of the games and super simming on slow speed the rest. Just seems like that 33 percent im watching is a lot smoother and more realistic than when i watch a complete game.

Shoot, i’ll Take it as long as i get to see draft classes, both real and fictional, in in-game action. With madden, you can’t be greedy.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 09-14-2018, 02:48 PM   #779
MVP

Super Sim Suggestions and Instructions

Updated OP and the quote on page 98 with these Super Sim Suggestions and Instructions

How to do play key moments:
In game, go to super sim.
Mash X(on xbox) change game speed to normal.
Custom play options>>>>Play the key moments.
When a Key Moment occurs, go back to super sim and change speed to Slow then jump to next play/jump forward, which ever is applicable. If it’s a big third down, I jump to next play, sometime i keep watching, mainly second half.

I try to watch as few plays as possible in the first half, maybe 10-15. Then I splurge in the second half. I may start pitch counting each play i watch and give myself a 40 play limit. If deflections are too high i may go 35.

Teams finished:
Old 09-14-2018, 03:28 PM   #780
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

OVR: 0

This would be hysterical if it weren't so frustrating and somewhat fruitless. I want to adjust qb play so I will tweak face mask slider. Ohh, kickoff adjustments are done by fumble slider settings. Let's concentrate on how modern the furnishings are in the coaches offices and the 💯 year patch on the Packers field versus gameplay !💊💉! lol
Old 09-14-2018, 03:38 PM   #781
Rookie

Have you been watching all games like this in play the moments or simming some as well Tommy? I wondered how the stats compared to simmed games and if the consistent stats you’ve seen are for future seasons or the first season as well?

I’m starting my new cfm and will use these new sliders the same way as on the op, will let you know what I’m seeing. Just to confirm, after setting up all sliders and autosubs you need to save before quitting out and restarting or they reset back to default?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2018, 04:01 PM   #782
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug78
Have you been watching all games like this in play the moments or simming some as well Tommy? I wondered how the stats compared to simmed games and if the consistent stats you’ve seen are for future seasons or the first season as well?

I’m starting my new cfm and will use these new sliders the same way as on the op, will let you know what I’m seeing. Just to confirm, after setting up all sliders and autosubs you need to save before quitting out and restarting or they reset back to default?
Played the key moments for 5 games now and stats are consistent with simmed stats.

Also may have a fix for the qbs not scrambling in simmed game:

Set Panthers scheme to Spread.
When you start the panthers game, at controller select menu, switch panthers playbook to generic Spread. Super sim the game fast, it’ll be over in a blink of an eye and see if Cam doesn’t carry the ball more. Worked for me, but i was normal speed super simming.

Haven’t tried to just change to spread scheme and sim from week to week with this. It may work too.

I did it with Mariota and he had 4 for 20. That’s his career average for rushing. They don’t scramble this much if you dont change the scheme.

Why the Spread?
Because it’s the only scheme that has a scrambling qb.

Now this may not give you spot on season numbers for qbs, but it should give it a significant bump on what the default scheme gives you.

Teams finished:
Old 09-14-2018, 04:03 PM   #783
MVP

Also seeing less deflections and better gameplay when i reset the sliders and restart madden before i play a game. Just did one back to back without restarting madden and there was 10 deflections. When i reset sliders and restart madden, the deflections are in the 2-6 range.

Just updated the OP with this info.

Teams finished:

Last edited by tommycoa; 09-14-2018 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:00 PM   #784
Rookie

thenamesfuller's Arena

Do you delete the profile every time as well? Or just reset sliders and restart madden between each game. It doesn't take long but that's a real pain in the arse doing it after each game.

Sent from my Z982 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »