Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2014, 02:29 PM   #921
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Is it me or does the O-line move way too much? I know they move some, but it seems excessive at times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2014, 02:31 PM   #922
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
But instead of getting big passing TDs they get big defensive TDs. They will feel like better defensive players. What it comes down to is is the game fun? If the game looks and feels like the NFL that we all love, we can safely say it will be fun too. I don't think EA has much to worry about. They get MASSIVE complaints every year. It's all about the sales and this Madden will sell more than the last couple I'm thinking.

I don't think people who want Madden to be more realistic are in the minority honestly. How many Madden challenge tourney players do you know? I don't know any, but I do know a few people who don't play Madden because theres no such thing as defense. So we'll see.
I hear ya, for sure.

I'm just paranoid. I told myself I wouldn't get excited for M15 but the shop video really piqued my curiousity. It's like I'm already putting up walls to avoid disappointment

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:33 PM   #923
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

The main reason made feels or looks the same every year is solely because of the animations. They seem to go completely untouched. We have seen the same animations for so long and they aren't beautiful to look at. If they overhauled animations and gave more variety the game would potentially finally surpass that game we always love to bring up. They still also have to fix legacy issues as well, but hopefully we are getting there. They are definitely making strides though.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #924
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11
Icon7 Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Not gonna lie, madden 15 could really be fun this year. Hearing brief observations about how the OL and DL seem to be more violent, gets me excited. Also all of the talk of the money plays being eliminated.

For me personally, I play madden mostly online - and I never use a defensive line player. With the improvements on shedding blocks, disengaging and lam that - I'm gonna actually try out being a DE, looks like of you
Time stuff right, being a DE could be beneficial. I'm so use to seeing my friends and other people simply mashing the controller as a DE, sometimes getting somewhere - but most of the time getting absolutely nowhere..

I can't lie though, people who seem to master the art of playing with a DL seem to be lot better than those who play with safeties and whatnot because they know how to create pressure.

Pressure is key in real life, so it should be no exception in madden. 3 to 4 seconds max, and the pocket should be collapsing. I'm very interested on seeing how madden will play out this year.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:43 PM   #925
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
But instead of getting big passing TDs they get big defensive TDs. They will feel like better defensive players. What it comes down to is is the game fun? If the game looks and feels like the NFL that we all love, we can safely say it will be fun too. I don't think EA has much to worry about. They get MASSIVE complaints every year. It's all about the sales and this Madden will sell more than the last couple I'm thinking.

I don't think people who want Madden to be more realistic are in the minority honestly. How many Madden challenge tourney players do you know? I don't know any, but I do know a few people who don't play Madden because theres no such thing as defense. So we'll see.
I agree with you and if it was up to me and it was my company I'd stand my ground. My point was the same thing happened with 2k with 2k11. They catered to the casual and the complaining. I'm just going off of history and facts. Like I said earlier I think everyone should adjust to the new game and not EA adjusting to the complaints. I mean 2k changes their controls every game. Some IMO for the better and some for the worse. I just adapt and adjust.

That being said their are game killers for me that had me pass on madden the last 2 years and pass on 2k this last year. This being after I've bought every edition of madden and 2k since the 1st years. I complained about what I didn't like (mine were sim complaints) and waited til they fixed issues I had. Which is why I'm excited for this game as what has been discussed early was most of my complaints with the game. I still want new cb/wr interactions and jostling redone but I like the idea at the very least that they put a band aid on it until it can get full attention. I prefer that than totally ignoring it all together.

I don't know any tourney players and because I'm on os and have been a commish and been in sim leagues I only play with like minded people, but on the flip side I see all the kids I coach play the game in a casual way and don't think like we do in a sim way. It's all about the shoot out and destroying their buddies. Lol! I know they will be pissed at the wide open player being overthrown because they won't realize it was their own fault by not being set before they throw.

Anyways, we are the minority. Your average madden players I would assume are between 13-18 and just want to play games. I'm 39 and I'm sure I'm not the main demographic EA markets too or sells too. People on os think we all think alike and the reason we are here is because we share same passions in what we want for a game. We come hear to be heard and share views in hopes the devs hear us and maybe we can make a difference in the game we love. There is 600,000 members on os but madden sells millions and millions of copies. Believe me we are the minority.

Again, I hope they stand ground and believe in the direction they are going in. I believe in it. Let the rest of the world adapt but if it's a concern and they want to make EVERYONE happy give us 2 modes in sim and normal. Everyone wins...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2014, 03:53 PM   #926
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

And, he almost fumbled it before he scored!! How great would that be to see? If some defender's awareness was real low or a desean Jackson type play where he's trying to celebrate too early and drops the ball before the end zone? Lol. Now, if THAT's in the game, it's in the game. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2014, 03:56 PM   #927
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Added Colts vs Chiefs from GameReactor
http://youtu.be/zOV-3i3M9Ks
Old 06-14-2014, 04:02 PM   #928
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I wonder if that was pro or all-pro. Charles had 74 yards on 21 carries so maybe all-pro.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »